[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best Cartoon Movie Adaptation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: mojojojoppg.png (1015 KB, 1017x761) Image search: [Google]
mojojojoppg.png
1015 KB, 1017x761
Does Power Puff Girls have the best movie adaptation of all time?

>great and consistent story
>fucking adorable mojojojo and professor moments with the girls
>great animation and pacing
>perfect character introductions
>the moment they learn violence solves everything

I am convinced there is no better movie
>>
Come on /co/ lay your best cartoon movies on me.

I'm looking to marathon some tonight.
>>
>>82673246
It's a great movie, but it's arguably not a good movie adaption.
It does have a bit of a toneshift that works great and makes it a fantastic movie, but doesn't 100% align with the show. It helps, or doesn't help, that it was made for an adult audience in mind, so it makes sure that it holds up.
Anyway, that's an argument that no one wanted, and is just pointlessly arguing semantics.
Great cartoon movies:
Powerpuff Girls, like you said.
Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends had those specials that were good.
Teacher's Pet had a good movie sendoff.
Recess: School's Out is swell.
Rugrats movies were pretty good.
The Wild Thornberry Movie was something I liked as a kid.
Scooby Doo movies, from Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island to Scooby-Doo! Pirates Ahoy!, I thought were all pretty good.
Teen Titans: Trouble in Tokyo was neat.
Ed, Edd, n Eddy's Big Picture Show
A Goofy Movie and An Extremely Goofy Movie
I'm mostly grabbing these from wikipedia, so there's absolutely more, but those I remember fondly.
>>
>>82673630
Hey thanks for the list bud. I'm not looking for the #1 specifically, just wondering what /co/ regards as godlike.
>>
>>82673388
Mask of the Phantasm
Dexter's Lab: Ego Trip
Aqua Teen Movie
>>
>>82673246
No, it doesn't. Not nearly as funny as the series it was based on.
>>
>>82673388
To add on to previous recommendations, I thought the South Park movie was really good, and I don't even like the TV show that much.
>>
Both Spongebob movies were very enjoyable. Kinda like the first one more, but both are worth your time.
>>
File: GRkYvMM.png (194 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
GRkYvMM.png
194 KB, 500x374
this and underfist
>>
>>82673246
>made on a relatively low budget
>still flopped horribly
>scarred Craig so badly he's vowed never to do another movie
>>
>>82673246
PPG movie was utter shit. Didn't like it's cringy writing as a kid and doesn't now. It was a huge disappointment to such a golden series.
>>82674085
top-tier taste
>>
EEnE's Big Picture Show was the greatest to me.
No other movie offered such a good and consistent to the show's tone finale.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.