[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why was it so hard for man of steel to accept super boy. He accepted
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: latest.png (123 KB, 449x337) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
123 KB, 449x337
why was it so hard for man of steel to accept super boy. He accepted him in the end of season 1 of young justice but nothing super boy did was different, he saved the day with his team like he always do.

also why call him brother when it's obliviously his and luthor love child.
>>
Young justice was a really really bad show with hideous and atrocious writing. Don't think too hard on it.
>>
A better question is, why hasn't Superboy become his sidekick yet? It might be cool for Supes to have a younger, more brash, Luthor dipped version of himself around. He could be kept grounded by someone that isn't afraid to tell him like it is, and Superboy could really use a good role model. It might be overkill for there to be two Kryptonians flying around at the same time but I'm sure there are worthy adventures out there for them.

There could even be funny side moments like Superman coming home to his fortress after a long battle to see that Superboy was throwing a party with other super teens
>>
>>77346886

Greg Weisman maybe didn't like Superman so he thought making him a dick was a good idea?
>>
>>77346886
It wasn't in the comics, Clark was super friendly and welcoming while Con was the one who wanted nothing with him, at least until he accepted him
>>
>>77346926
Literally this

I have no idea why /co/ likes this shit when it's even worse than teen titans/TTGo
>>
HE WAS LITERALLY RAPED
>>
>>77346886
Because Connor was basically his rape baby and he wasn't ready to be a dad.
>>
>>77347011
When the show was on, it was always really split down the middle. Half thought it was the best thing ever because of the animation and art style, and because it was weisman, the other half recognized it for what it was by the start of the second episode. A show that looks nice, but has fanfic tier writing. Teen titans was decent, Go! doesn't exist.
>>
Probably because Superboy is the product of a shadow organization covertly cloning Superman without his permission. Even if he weren't constantly afraid that he might be secretly programmed for evil purposes (which Superman would feel partly responsible for, what with being the source material), that's still messed up.

Later he accepts Superboy when it becomes apparent Superboy is just a weak little angsty teenager with no particular desires to do anything but mope and Superman could deal with him in a split second if he ever became a problem.
>>
>>77346886
>also why call him brother when it's obliviously his and luthor love child.

Because neither one was comfortable with that kind of relationship and it was made worse when Batman tried to force it.
>>
>>77347309
hivememe the post
>>
>>77348657
>person makes a post trying to describe the opinion most of /co/ had about a certain show
>you accuse him of having the same opinion as everyone else
uh, yeah, I think that was his point.
>>
Most people are okay with the idea of Superman abandoning someone for months who clearly needs and asks for his guidance because of the government's actions.

I have no idea why and I wish they'd walk into the ocean. Including Weisman who thought it brilliant to make Batman the good dad who plays basketball with his "son".
>>
>>77346886
What was worse is that they seemed to be portraying Batman as some kind of good father figure in comparison. In the comics Batman is just as terrible at being a father as he is at being a person.
>>
Once you realize Superboy is basically a Bizarro with proper sapience you'll understand why Superman feels weird about someone being created from him to be used as a weapon and the violation associated with that. While he's dealing with that he does make the effort to get up a mentor for Superboy though, it's not like he didn't care about the kid's wellbeing. And an altered clone isn't a love child. That doesn't make any kind of sense.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.