[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people hate him? Also, scooby doo thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 16
File: scrappy doo.jpg (57 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
scrappy doo.jpg
57 KB, 640x480
Why do people hate him?

Also, scooby doo thread
>>
>>82620279
he had an annoying voice and Daphne already filled the role of the character who gets captured

at least he saved Scooby Doo from becoming irrelevant and obscure, i'll give him that.
>>
>>82620279
He's irrritating and the way he cnstantly thinks his Unlce isn't a giant fucking coward is also irritating. It's not cute or endearing, esecially since when he came around Scooby and Shaggy stopped chasing old guys in rubber mask and started encountering actual goddamn monsters, who they were very right to run away from.

He's a kid appeal character who doesn't appeal to kids, who isn't funny, and isn't endearing. Every time the little faggot came on screen I asked where the fuck were Velma and Fred.
>>
File: tumblr_n3dgliajqK1rhalydo1_400.jpg (62 KB, 330x339) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n3dgliajqK1rhalydo1_400.jpg
62 KB, 330x339
>>82620279
Hating him is literally a meme + inaccurately assigning blame for reduction of quality in certain shows instead of the budget / writing + >muh Fred >muh Velma fags inaccurately blaming him for them not appearing in certain shows.

Very sad, Scrappy Doo was a good character that freshened up the series a lot. Now he's basically forced into a villain role when he gets to appear.
>>
>>82620279
he was the poochy of Scooby-Doo
>>
>>82620501
>when he came around Scooby and Shaggy stopped chasing old guys in rubber mask and started encountering actual goddamn monsters

Wrong. That happened later.

>He's a kid appeal character who doesn't appeal to kids

He appeals to kids just fine, it's stupid edgy teenagers and adults who have a problem with him.
>>
ringer in my rutt rehehehehehe
>>
>>82620279
Scooby Doo fans hate him because he was a change in the repetition they were used to.
>>
Even though its been a few years I miss Mystery Incorporated.
>>
>>82620279
When I was a kid I never hated him. I did always hate that they never actually let him fight the bad dudes though.
>>
File: 1319306824703.jpg (39 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1319306824703.jpg
39 KB, 512x384
Batman Brave and the Bold had the best Scooby crossover. Those that disagree have wrong opinions.
>>
>>82621480
Thats because they would of kicked his ass, no way he could take anyone in a fight.
>>
>>82621208
>Hating him is literally a meme
This. People don't know why they hate him other than that he can actually speak full sentences with an annoying voice and walks on two legs unlike Scoob.
>>
>>82621572
You dont know that, they never let him at them.
>>
File: B'wana Beast.jpg (9 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
B'wana Beast.jpg
9 KB, 210x240
>>82621534
Batman Brave and the Bold had the best everything. It's not fair to compare it to anything else.
>>
>>82620279
>that scene in the live action movie where he pisses on Daphne.

w h y
>>
Daphne > Velma

This is a fact.
>>
>>82621305
I hated him when I was a kid. Everyone I knew hated him when I was a kid. EVERYBODY hated him, that's why he's a punchline in the fucking movie and why i's the one thing from the film everybody remembers, it struck a chord. That's why he hasn't shown up once since the 70s. You're one of the ten people in the world who likes him anon, you're empirically wrong.
>>
>>82621534
You know that was a remake of an actual Scooby Doo episode, with violence added in?

I cannot remember if that actually said that in the episode, but I remember watching an old Scooby Doo episode with Adam West Batman guest starring.

And the Harlem Globetrotters in another episode.
>>
>>82622003
>And the Harlem Globetrotters in another episode.
That was another good one. Ice down the pants to keep the athletes awake. Of course!
>>
File: 1326646243108.jpg (55 KB, 528x528) Image search: [Google]
1326646243108.jpg
55 KB, 528x528
>The 13 Ghosts of Scooby Doo reference in Mystery Inc
>The Scrappy reference immediately afterwards

I went from sensible chuckle to laughing out loud in moments
>>
>>82621677
Because the movie writers hated him and wanted the audience to hate him too, so the gang would be justified abandoning Scooby's nephew in the middle of the desert, in one of the most radioactively contaminated locations in the United States
>>
>>82622003
>>82622049
There was one with the Three Stooges as well.
And the fucking Red Baron for some reason.
>>
He was a little fucking punk that thought he was all tough when anyone could just boot him across a room. At least the great gazoo had magic gay space powers. Scrappy was all talk and no action. Fuck that puppy.
>>
>>82621972
And EVERYBODY I know didn't vote for George Bush...

He is liked by kids and he was popular in the seventies, the creators of the show have said Scrappy Doo was literally what saved the franchise from dying out like other Hanna Barbera shows, he was even popular enough to get a brief spinoff.

You are living in a meme reality, dumbass.
>>
File: godzilla cartoon.jpg (33 KB, 375x273) Image search: [Google]
godzilla cartoon.jpg
33 KB, 375x273
>>82620279
And Godzookie
>>
>>82622598
>watch Godzilla to see Godzilla tear shit up
>Watch an entire episode about humans doing shit I don't care about with a retarded lizard
>Godzilla shows up for a bit to tear shit up at the end

That's how I remember it
>>
>>82622700
>boring shit
>boring shit
>boring shit
>AW SHIT THE GODZILLA-SIGNAL!
>Godzilla throws around giant ants for five minutes
>roll credits
You remember pretty well, anon. Remember Godzookie blowing smoke-rings as his special attack?
>>
>>82621534
oh fuck, i forgot about that ep.
>>82621617
is right, BatB was incredible
>>
Its a meme to hate scrappy doo.
>>
>>82620279
He had no fucking reason to exist.
>>
>>82621972
I liked him as a kid. He wasn't my favorite character, but I liked him. And I don't even hate him now. The movie was pretty shitty and what they did with Scrappy was pretty shitty too. If there's a bad character, a good writer should either make it good or write it out, not turn to the audience and say "Wow! He sure sucks doesn't he?!" and wink until his eye falls off.
>>
Someone got the idea that adding dogs would fix the show, forgetting that it was always about solving mysteries.
>>
>>82624020
and yet, it saved the show
>>
>>82620279
As child, I didn´t hate him. But to be frankly, the entire Scooby Doo show bored me in these times.
>>
>>82621534
That's not the Mystery Inc episode with Blue Falcon as Dark Knight Returns Batman.
>>
>>82624219
It seemed like Scooby Doo was fucking all over CN in the mid 90s
>>
So what's everyone's favorite pre-Zombie island incarnation of Scooby Doo?
>>
File: ghostbear.webm (3 MB, 856x482) Image search: [Google]
ghostbear.webm
3 MB, 856x482
>>82621534
I don't know. The WWE crossover was pretty great.
>>
Because they forgot about Flim-Flam.
Seriously, why do you need to add a member to the gang when you've got Vincent Price as a main character?
>>
File: Ghostbeat defeated.webm (3 MB, 714x402) Image search: [Google]
Ghostbeat defeated.webm
3 MB, 714x402
>>82624312
>>
Guys check out Be Cool Scooby Doo. The artstyle is shit but the writing is great. It's funny stuff.
>>
>>82624286
Oh shit the pic below samurai champloo of the genie and kids on camel. Just sent me down the nostalgia hole. Forgot i liked this thanks for that!.
>>
>>82624375
i gave it a shot just to see how they were gonna follow mystery inc and i was surprised at how clever it was. unfortunately much of the humor is more clever than actually humorous, but it really isn't a bad interpretation.

then again i've never been too dissatisfied with a scooby doo program. never had a problem with scrappy and i even enjoyed get a clue, though some of the dtvs i found dull.
>>
File: Kane vs Scoob.webm (2 MB, 856x482) Image search: [Google]
Kane vs Scoob.webm
2 MB, 856x482
>>82624359
>>
>>82624324
Some one for the kids to relate to I guess
>>
>>82624576

I gave it a shot out of pure boredom and expected to hate the shit out of it because I assumed the artstyle will be indicative of the style and spirit of the show but there really is no correlation. Which is strange but welcome. I even like the ditzy Daphne though I always see her as more of a classy and sexy girl like in other incarnations.

I'm primarily amazed that Scooby got two consecutive shows with great writing in totally different genres, and that actual effort was placed in both shows. It just blows my mind when I consider what they did to the PPG.
>>
File: 1424588876531.gif (576 KB, 500x306) Image search: [Google]
1424588876531.gif
576 KB, 500x306
>>82620279
He's an annoying studio mandated little kid character that was meant for the audience to like because he's their age but instead he annoyed the shit out of us and ruined most of the episodes he was in with his catch phrase.

And you are wondering why people hate him? I mean I guess if you weren't under ten between 1980 and 1995 then I guess.
>>
File: Daphne clown.webm (2 MB, 856x482) Image search: [Google]
Daphne clown.webm
2 MB, 856x482
>>
>>82621208
It really is a shame since now every future version of Scooby-Doo is scared shitless of using him because of it. It would be cool to have an episode where Scrappy tries to "redeem" himself in a meta sort of way.
>>
>>82625308
that's a great idea but unfortunately i can't foresee it happening anytime soon. most writing staffs would rather either make a one-off joke mocking the character or simply ignore his existence.
>>
I don't know. I see some decent points for and against him ITT, so I guess it's a matter of personal taste.

I never saw his early appearances, only his parts in those 3 TV movies Cartoon Network would play all the time. He didn't seem so bad then.
>>
PUPPY POWER
>>
He really isn't that bad and wouldn't have been hard to rework. He's adopted from the streets and pugnacious-- he could easily be written as having a rough childhood until he met Scooby, and maybe he was a beastly kid until Scoob showed him kindness and trust for the first time in his life.
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 265x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 265x200
>>82621534
What about the Johnny Bravo crossover?
>>
>>82624207
doesn't mean it was actually good
>>
>>82624375
I don't get why people compare it to Teen Titans Go and nuPPG. It's not THAT bad.
>>
>>82626271
>It was popular and successful
>not good

Are you a Batman vs Superman fan by chance?
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 300x300
Remember A Pup Named Scooby-Doo?

Remember loli Daphne?
>>
>>82625308
>Implying he has anything to redeem

Seriously, the only thing Scrappy is guilty of is not giving a fuck.
>>
File: Daphne at the age of 5.webm (2 MB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
Daphne at the age of 5.webm
2 MB, 852x480
>>82626427
>>
>>82626427
I was JUST about to mention that.
Out of all the series to say wasn't that bad out of the Scooby methos, I think What's New, Scooby-Doo wasn't half bad. And a Pup Named Scooby-Doo is the best "kids" version show, period.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.