[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dan Slott has died of being a fatso and for Doom knows what reason,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: Spidey.png (36 KB, 944x784) Image search: [Google]
Spidey.png
36 KB, 944x784
Dan Slott has died of being a fatso and for Doom knows what reason, Marvel has put YOU in charge of writing The Amazing-Spiderman.
What do you do?
>>
Step down and get JMS, pre-Sins Past, to write instead.
>>
>>82597269
Lose the big company. Slowly (within 10 months, if not issues, because marvel double and triple ships sometimes so fuck that noise) rebuild a proper supporting cast and not a group of yes-men employees or "SHIELD minders".

Then, suddenly, in the middle of something unrelated, Pete crosses paths with a demonic entity. The demon is all set to ruin Spidey's day (fat chance) but--

It can't do nuthin'. "The Deal" may no longer be Mephisto related, but there's some kind of magical something-or-other around Spider-Man.

And he doesn't even know it.

Pete, of course, is clueless as to what the hell the demon's on about. But, because Peter isn't actually stupid no matter how much some writers fucking suck, he checks out the usual suspects. Dr. Strange is either out of town, or just agrees it's weird mystical futz. He tries to find a Madame Webb. He tracks down Dr. Druid, Dr. Voodoo, even Dr. Doom, anyone he can think of who might know what's up.

All of this is a running subplot for 3/4 of a year. Meanwhile, Pete's still Pete. He's no longer a big league science businessman, but he tries. He's no longer got access to big bucks resources, so he makes do. He no longer can sell his pics of Spidey to the Daily Bugle because everyone with a phone has a camera, but he's got enough of a backlog that he can put together an art book, and not just of Spider-Man like last time, but of various heroes and news pictures he's shot over the years. He tries to get a job teaching high school biology again.

But mainly, he's the most experienced street-level hero in New York, and he's no longer super-distracted by bullshit. He hits the streets, and within a few weeks, 6 at the most, every low-level crook and wiseguy knows it.

So, next move, is go up against the crime lords.
>>
>>82597269
Undo OMD, make Peter a teacher again.
>>
>>82598481
I dunno, Anon. Throwing him back on the streets at this point seems like a huge step backwards
>>
>>82598481
I'd replace Highschool teacher with Highschool janitor. He's a smart guy and would make a great teacher, but it's harder to write how he can get away with constantly being absent.
>>
>>82597269
>consider going on a diet
>keep eating shit
>die a fatso
>>
>>82598675
Thats the point. Peter hss gotten too far from who he was before all the crazy stuff. He chooses to return to his roots ro recenter himself
>>
>>82598752
>fuck progression
>>
>>82598481
But Pete doesn't have as much experience dealing with them. With hoods and super-villains, punch 'em enough, and they fold. You can't just web up a crime boss and let the cops deal with the paperwork. He has to work more subtly, and work with the police, something he's struggled with in the past. In fact, his first attempt to find a friend on the force backfires and suddenly "Spider-Man: Hero or Menage" is back on the front page of more than just the Bugle.

He teams up with other street-heroes to try to fill in his gaps in his M.O. Some of them have as bad or worse reps as he, so the "Hero or Menace" thing never fully goes away.

And all along, the crime lords are learning. They didn't get to high position by being idiots, and they know they've had their businesses cut down because Spider-Man got back to doing what he generally does best.

So they start with a seemingly run-of-the-mill Gauntlet style tale, Spidey has to fight several of his villains one by one, two by two. Then the really bright ones figure out this might be their chance to control crime in NYC, and before you know it, they've stirred up a gang war. Winner takes all.

And, as in every war, the conflict escalates, until someone decides to bring in mystical aid.

Finally, what it's all been leading up to: Peter has to fight the forces of hell, and in the end, he finally learns the now-retcon'd details of BND, and has a chance to undo it--but if he does, Aunt May dies.

Finally, we have the moral dilemma that wasn't in BND. Time has passed. At least a year, if not two. Hell, Aunt May had that thing with JJJ's dad.

And he hasn't really thought of Mary Jane as his romantic partner in months. He misses her, but it's not the same.

But does he just let The Devil win?

>>82598675
He works best as a street hero, and having be the accomplished, seasoned pro would be enough of a change of pace, IMO.

>>82598700
... dammit, you're right. Plus, it's totally in keeping with the Parker luck.
>>
File: Leo Zelinsky.jpg (343 KB, 978x1516) Image search: [Google]
Leo Zelinsky.jpg
343 KB, 978x1516
I'd bring back Leo Zelinsky.
>>
>>82598766
There's progression, and then there's losing the fucking point of a character.
>>
I'd let him keep his company and his whole "Spidey's my body guard" deal, but I'd cut him off from Aunt May and MJ, 100%. No love interests at all. Anna Marie sticks with her role.

And I'd really just want to put miles on Pete. Perhaps even move him out of New York because 90% of all heroes are based there. Now that he's older, he gets a little stronger. Using his lab's tech, he upgrades his suit. He starts forging relationships with new characters, with plenty of references to his past exploits. Maybe throw Miles under his wing for sweet Spider on Spider action. And I'd put Black Cat through one hell of a redemption arc. Bitch needs to dial it back on that throttle.
>>
>>82597269
Completely retcon everything after Superior Spider-Man.

Do it better.

Retcon it.
>>
>>82598876
kek
>>
I'd have Peter die and be replaced with a Life Model Decoy. His secret would be outed and he'd have to deal with racial persecution against robots and lose his company in the process. He'd move in with Vision and become his new son since Vision's family is going to die soon. The two of them move to Virginia where they can envision a better life for themselves, away from the painful memories New York gave them. But in Virginia, they deal with all kinds of robotic threats and threats to robots.

Meanwhile, a backup of Ben Reilly's memories will be planted into Pete's dead body, which is reanimated. In Peter's flesh and blood body, Ben would become the Scarlet Spider again, taking to the streets of NYC.

Kaine comes back to 616 and through a series of shenanigans, somehow ends up as a police officer in NYC. He ends up clashing with Ben frequently, in a brotherly way.

Mary Jane marries Tony Stark and has the baby Peter could never provide her. Mayday Stark is born and becomes the new Rescue after she gets stuck in Dimension Z and gets aged up into a teenager, launching a brand new spin-off series, The Vulnerable Iron Lass.
>>
>>82597269
Baby Mayday is alive

Ben Reilly is alive

Kaine is alive
>>
>>82597269
Keep him as head of Parker Industries. Base it out of New York so the globe-trotting shit stops. Have him be donating most of his personal income to charity so he can still be kinda dumpy and disheveled.

Bring back Jackpot, and have it ACTUALLY be Mary Jane this time. Get MJ and Pete back together, and now that MJ has powers she can FINALLY understand Pete's whole superhero shtick in a way that she never could before. Going forward, their relationship would not be a point of contention for them, but the rock that keeps them solid in the darkest of times. Head the comic towards Mayday.
>>
>>82597269
Kill Peter and shill Kaine.
>>
>>82597269
Peter finds out that getting taken over by Otto caused some lingering damage to his frontal lobes, which effected SpOck's decision making abilities as well as his own when he got his body bad. He does some favors for Black Panther in exchange for their best neurosurgeon repairing the damage.

Once that's done, he terminates his current contract with SHIELD having lost faith in them as a consequence of hearing about Pleasant Hill. SHIELD can still buy his stuff but they no longer have a pipeline

Looking back on his failed attempts to fix the world by throwing money at it, Peter decides he should start playing the long game. He opens a private college with the unofficial mission statement is to find the mad scientists of tomorrow and set them on the right path. This college is fully equipped for special needs students, and by special needs I means kids with powers. it'll have a certain 'don't ask, don't tell' policy regarding teenagers who are active vigilantes, because Spidey knows first hand its better to guide such kids rather than stop them. obviously Miles will be one of the students.

emphasize that this isn't 'Spider-Man's X-Men'. It's more like Peter's Future Foundation. in the meantime Anna Marie and Harry get a raise and more control of running Parker Industries while he focuses on superheroing and running the school. He doesn't teach classes himself since he knows he'd have to be late or absent too often, but he does pre-record lectures while working in his lab to be delivered via holograms
(cont)
>>
>>82597269
Go desecrate Slott's grave and get away with it because he's not a jew and can't get into a high-security kike graveyard.
>>
>>82597269
>Dan Slott has died of being a fatso
You almost got my hopes up, op.
>>
>>82597269
>is
Write fun and engaging Spider-Man stories.
>>
>>82601931

Then do a story where Peter and Felicia patch things up. Retcon it that because of her bad luck powers, she gets a cocaine-like high from experiencing or causing misfortune. Getting 'betrayed' by SpOck was such a disaster at the time she nearly overdosed, so to speak, and spent the next few months chasing the next big high because just stealing things wasn't enough anymore. After becoming a crime lord, she was able to slowly wean herself down and is now stable. Peter tries to get her to give up on her gang and become a good guy again, but she counters that someone who was an illegal vigilante since he was sixteen is in no position to demand someone else follow the law to the letter. She points out how she took down Goblin Nation and has been keeping the wrong drugs off the street in a way Peter never could. While fighting alongside him would probably hurt his image, she agrees to lend a criminal hand now and then as a show of good faith between them.

After that he gets in contact with the Spider Society again. Hummingbird went to them for help, and they get him to track down where Kaine went in the Multiverse. After going word trekking with Hummingbird and Arana, finding Kaine and bringing him back to 616, Peter gets the spider society to do a ritual to restore Arana's lost carapace. Arana then goes back to Loomworld, her lost power of her mother restored.

between the Spider Society, Parker Industries, his school, and Black Cat's organization, this makes up the bulk of Spider-Man's 'web' of connections he can rely on. From there the next story is using all those resources to finish Hummingbird and Kaine's quest.
>>
>>82602062
>>82601931
God please bear my children
>>
>>82597269
Spider-man dies and a black teen takes up his mantle, and I just write stories for that new character instead since there are no more good Spidey stories left and all you can write is stupid shit like "everyone who ever died comes back to life even Gwen Stacey"

Only I'd make Miles not a boring cunt
>>
>>82602086
Miles just needs to be written like Joseph Joestar, with the venom blast win coming after a series of mind games where his foe could just punch his head clean off if he ever fucks up. none of this turn based combat shit where people just stand there for him
>>
>>82598780
Was the other the last time he showed up? I loved the new supporting characters JMS set up, leo and lamont
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 250x206) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 250x206
Retcon everything after back in black, brand new day and slott's run were nothing but a stupid fever dream, aunt may dies, i don't know how to sort the post civil war status tho but neither did the brand new day writers so who cares, i'd do just a setup so zeb wells can jump in as the writer, and i would also make a snarky reference joke as a fuck you to slott, a man can dream, fuck this clone saga/howard mackie tier era
>>
>>82603235
he last showed up when he made Speedball's Penance suit, and was upset when he realized the kid had stuck spikes all through the inside. Since then, zip.
>>
>>82597269
kill silk, don't give a fuck if she has compotent writers now.
Peter has to give up the company from an executive take over but stark buys the stock to save the company. Peter doesn't want it because in the end this is not who he is.
MJ tries to repair what she said to peter after she realizes she was being a selfish cunt bag after superior.
Peter says he'll give her a shot no promises because she chose to stay with him before and it was bullshit to for her to pull that shit.
Black cat crime syndacit falls down and she meets with spidey again. They talk she finally believes spidey they are on good terms again.
New villian like that hyperion or what ever the fuck his name is, he dies over trying to take in too many powers at once.
symbiote are back, Peter is back in new York. Miles and him take turns on the city but miles gets to hold back more and focus on school and Peter takes over more.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.