[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people think that the joker raped batgirl?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: batgirl_the_killing_joke_02.jpg (2 MB, 1920x2956) Image search: [Google]
batgirl_the_killing_joke_02.jpg
2 MB, 1920x2956
Why do people think that the joker raped batgirl?
>>
>>82582092
People like playing detectives and psychologists too much and they are really bad at it considering they don't even take into account Alan Moore's "subtlety".
>>
>>82582092
Why wouldn't he have raped batgirl?

He went this far to cause gordon trauma, why wouldn't he have fucked the bullethole he made in her that left her paralyzed?

Joker is not a supercriminal of scruples, he wouldn't go as ridiculously far as this and then shie away from rape as if it was somehow 'worse' or 'beyond his moral sensibilities. He's already gone the whole hog on this caper.

Its bullshit that he managed to do all this and get out of it alive, just makes Batman and co look ineffectual.
>>
>>82582092
Americans are incapable of not associating nudity with sex.
>>
>>82582146
Because it's Alan Moore, and he would have just fucking said so in the comic.
>>
>>82582142
Alan Moore loves rape, its just Rape Rape Rape with him.
>>
>>82582146
Because Joker is Batmansexual. He's not fucking Shinji to fuck bullet holes.
>>
>>82582186
If he wanted us to know that Babs was raped, he wouldn't be kicking the bush around is what I am saying.
>>
>>82582146
why would he go through all the trouble of raping her and not tell Gordon about it?
>>
>>82582247
A lot of people say her naked pics are suggestive. Apparently suggestive is enough to color you rapist these days.
>>
He certainly sexually assaulted her. And thats just as rape as rape!
>>
>>82582247
Because the killing joke was shit and should not have been canon
>>
>>82582328
Alan Moore, pls, Killing Joke was first time Babs was interesting.
>>
>>82582092
>the joker raped batgirl?
The joker raped Jason :DDDD
>>
>>82582285
It is when you are the Joker, not exactly a bastion of morality, a figure of restraint.
>>
>>82582374
Probably.
>>
If it was this easy for joker to paralyze someone close to batman. Why hasn't he done it before.
>>
>>82582092

Because people are idiots and don't realize that the writer is actually Alan Moore who loves to show sexual acts if it's done.
>>
>>82582092
>EDGE. EDGINESS IS REALISTIC!
>>
>>82582092
i always thought that he had her raped by his goons.

>>82582475
didnt DC had stil some kind of moral codex when its coming to sex? Being an us-american publisher?

honest question
>>
>>82582552
The whole comic is the Joker being edgy though, that is the very core of the action
>>
>>82582379
Actually, he knows restraint, because he knows how to shock people the most when he shows lack of it.
>>
>>82582328
>killing joke was shit
Disagree.

>should not have been canon
Agree.
>>
>>82582179
Well, that didn't take long.
>>
>>82582568

Watchmen came out BEFORE Killing Joke. And it had rape.
>>
File: KJ.png (956 KB, 1362x700) Image search: [Google]
KJ.png
956 KB, 1362x700
you guys know the killing joke will come as an animated film in july.
>>
>>82583354
I can't wait. It'll be the definitive version of the story.
>>
>>82582350
What was interesting about Babs in Killing Joke?
>>
cause raping her would pack an extra punch
>>
>>82582092
I mean it's Alan Moore. How can it not be rape
>>
>>82582092
Dunno, Joker seems to be fully clothed, there's blood and there's no hint of rape.

People are retards.
>>
>>82585179
Because the rape is always shown, not just implied.
>>
Barbara was indeed sexually assaulted by being undressed and photographed. It's possible that there are people who consider any sexual assault violation rape and what you are running into is actually just a connotation vs denotation debate rather than a factual one.

>>82585280
Also this. With Moore there is no ambiguity. We would know if she was raped.
>>
>>82582409
He shot her to fuck with Gordan, he had no idea it was batgirl.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.