[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jessica Jones
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 324x454) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 324x454
What went wrong (or right, depending on whether you liked the show) /co/?
>>
The series should have ended 2-3 episodes sooner, and the reason it didn't was due to normally intelligent characters making stupid decisions to extend the plot.

Other than that most of the characters were casted well and they got a damn good Luke Cage
>>
>>82547894
They got the slow pace of a paranoid thriller down by they padded it out with stupid as fuck mishaps due to Trinity and Officer Retard.

I actually liked the crazy weirdo neighbors since they're kind of a thing in big cities...fuck in suburbs too and add some charm to the cast.

Her super strength was horribly depicted most of the time

I didn't like Trish being a Disc Jockey and got a huge lesbian vibe from her in the first few episodes.

Like >>82547958 said it really could've ended a lot sooner.
>>
I honestly can't find a single thing I liked about the show. I guess it had a potential to be a good psychological thriller, that's kind of a praise.

It severely lacked in suspense and tension, the atmosphere was kind of generic too, I found all the characters to be boring (and no, flawed =/= interesting. There must be something beyond the flaws), the way it approached its themes is just one big insult to the viewer's intelligence, the villain was probably the worst I've seen in any kind of thriller and the action scenes sucked.
>b-but it's not about action
It's more of an action show than /co/ would love to think anyway and there are actual non-action shows with better fight scenes, so that's not an excuse.
>>
We should have saw her actually do her day job.
>>
>>82547894
protagonist centered morality
>>
>>82550959

Honestly the first half should have been procedural stuff like with Daredevil and his law practice.

Then around episode 4 or 5, the plot of the first episode happens.

It needed to be more streamlined.
>>
Should have ended 3 episodes sooner.

After Hope killed herself, it was painfully obvious that they didn't know how to end the show. The climax just happened and they let it ride for 3 more episodes.

Obviously there would be a lack of closure for several plot threads, but that's again a fault of the writers for dragging things way too long and not addressing those points.

Nuke being involved and his sub plot served little purpose in the grand scheme of things other than to have more sex scenes that didn't involve Luke and Jessica.

Kilgrave's power boost, which had the final 3 episodes dedicated to it, also lacked any real show. You had the hospital and the dock scene, but that's really it and it's not really outside of the realm of what he usually did before hand. Jessica was easily able to overcome it and kill Kilgrave which lead to that entire confrontation being anti climatic and unmemorable.

The show's problem was a complete lack of focus. I liked the casting and all the characters, but they were misguided for 13 whole episodes. Even Season 2 Daredevil, for how messy it is with all the shit it wants to do in one season, is more focused than Jessica Jones' one main plot of "Kilgrave is bad. Stop him".
>>
>>82550959
>>82551832
This. To me, the best part of Alias was seeing her go on these weird cases that could only exist in the Marvel U. We got to know Jessica and all of her weirdness, and then later in the series we find out about Purple Man, and it all makes sense. The show just misses that.

Also, that whole thing with Hope was a frustrating waste of time considering how things played out.
>>
>>82547894
Jessica Jones herself was my biggest issue, half her dialoge was scoffing and didnt seem like a real person but how shitty emo teens see themselves when they grow up
>>
Interracial relationship.
>>
What's the verdict on Season 2 of DareDevil? I'm about to start it after seeing Civil War, but I saw some mixed opinions.

People seem to be talking shit about Jessica Jones a lot.
>>
>>82550974
Where did you get that? Jess is an assshole and the show very mich treats her as one.
>>
>>82553695
That it started fantastic and ended horribly.
>>
File: Daredevil.png (1 MB, 1024x1809) Image search: [Google]
Daredevil.png
1 MB, 1024x1809
>>82547894
It is pretty easy what the issue is, it is the EXACT same problem with Daredevil.

>Show peaks early, some epic scenes (DD corridor fight or JJ police station).
>Show stretches out an overall plot.
>Does NOT show enough of the hero being a hero or doing their everyday job.
>Focuses too much on overall plot line.
>>
>>82553695
It was overly ambitious. I personally loved it but there was a big issue with how the Punisher and Elektra storylines were very mismatched.
>>
>>82553695

First 4 episodes and anything involving the Punisher is fucking fantastic.

Elektra and the Hand centered episodes suck, not because the plot itself stinks, but because it's heavily over shadowed by Punisher. It takes away time from that story and just gets annoyingly in the way of it for a majority of it. Big reason why Matt isn't in the court case episodes lawyering it up is because he's too busy fighting ninjas.
>>
>>82553783
>Does NOT show enough of the hero being a hero or doing their everyday job.
It's funny when you say it like this, but it's true.
>>
>>82553961
Considering Danny is a homeless bum in his show, maybe we'll see some actual heroics.
>>
>>82553961
>It's funny when you say it like this, but it's true.
Exactly.

There is a great bit early on in JJ with people attacking her because they dislike powered people.

If JJ had been more of a PI, before getting into the plot it would have been great.

Much like how DD focused too much on the overall plotlines and we didn't actually see enough of him making a difference.
>>
>>82547894
The plot requires only half the amount of episodes the show actually had. As a result, the pacing is aimless, killing time by adding superfulous shit that had no business being in the show.

>Kilgrave's parents
>Jessica's neighbors
>Hellcat's boyfriend

Also the finale was anticlimactic as fuck. What was the goddamn purpose of explaining Kilgrave's power boost, if he ultimately did nothing with it? They never explain how Jessica managed to fight off his influence either. Fucking lazy.
>>
Episode 10 jumped the shark.

When they introduced literal crazy pills and had the cop singlehandedly ruin the plot I realise this show was really stupid and it barely recoveres from that
>>
>>82553695
Overall, its fantastic
>>
>>82553731
I never got the feeling that the show regards Jessica as an asshole.

>>82553695
First four or five episodes were amazing. Rest of the season was good but it felt a little mashed up and lacking cohesion.
>>
>>82547894
>Not muh Jessica

Other than that, I thought it was pretty good.
>>
>>82554354
>When they introduced literal crazy pills and had the cop singlehandedly ruin the plot I realise this show was really stupid and it barely recoveres from that
>bitches don't know about my Nuke
>>
>>82554215
I think KingPin being praised as "finally a good villain in the MCU" affected JJ's development. Like DD was as much about Matt and Fisk, likewise was JJ as much about Kilgrave as well as Jessica.
>>
>>82556689
Having the villains take a prominent role was fine.

Having the whole story about them wasn't.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.