[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I refuse to believe Fox is really that stupid, and Deadpool at
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: Fantastic_Four_Logo.png (41 KB, 159x159) Image search: [Google]
Fantastic_Four_Logo.png
41 KB, 159x159
I refuse to believe Fox is really that stupid, and Deadpool at least opened the door to integrate Fox-verse into the MCU.

Who's ready for the MCU to do the Phase 4 FF reboot?

>Movie set in 1960s, Reed works at Pym Tech
>Do shit with Negative Zone
>End movie with FF in the present day.
>>
Dude no. Fantastic Four doesn't work in mainstream cinema.
I'd sage this but I forgot how.
>>
>>82515159
more like

> post avengers 1 world science community is massive funded to explore space
> reed and company spent all of phase 3 in SPAAAAAAAAACE
> return to earth in phase 4 through weird anomaly and get their powers
> new nation of latveria is created from the power vacuum of sokovia
> based doom travels the world for a cure to his face
> doom is another traveler seeking the ancient one's teaching, but is rejected, and in rage destroys almost everybody in the city, immediately establishing him as a strange-level credible threat and tying him in to the magic-science world
> he returns to a corrupt latveria and overthrows the government and is now in charge
>>
>>82515304
>"New nation of Latveria created from the power vacuum of Sokovia"
fucking brilliant anon. It's obvious Sokovia has a lot more impact on the MCU than I thought, judging all the references in Civil War.

Also wasnt Zemo a freedom fighter? It's easy to retcon that Sokovia was in a power struggle with Latvian insurgents and the AoU incident pushed them over the edge.
>>
>>82515225
>Insert comic book character doesn't work in mainstream cinema.

Why this is still a excuse? We forgot that the some of the most pupular heroes now are Captain America and Thor?
>>
>>82515159
>X-Men Apocalypse does very well
>Deadpool and Apocalypse siphon awards that people thought Marvel Studios would win
>Fox outright announces that this success will lead to more focus on their own individual creations
>Another Fantastic Four reboot announced that ties directly into the X-verse with a lower budget just to maintain the rights
>Fox gets Sony to let them barrow Spider-Man splintering the relationship between Sony and Disney

Fox are the super villains of this genre. They will probably even justify these acts as retaliation.
>>
Biggest thing is getting Sue and Johnny right.

Johnny as a character isn't that hard, a pretty boy with an inferiority complex always trying to prove he's more than a playboy.

Whats important is the complex relationship he and Sue had, She had to raise him after their mom died and dad went to jail. So she's 75% sister 25% maternal figure. Which makes her the hard part, have to make her the focal point of the team, the one that keeps everyone together and looks out for them, while not being a "in the kitchen" female character to scare off all the female viewers, Alba just terrified people with those contacts, and honestly I wasn't brave enough to watch the one with Mara, but I'm just gonna guess she sucked.
>>
>>82515361

Zemo was literally the leader of a Hydra death squad.
>>
>>82515470
I didn't watch it but from what I heard Sue and Johnny were better parts of the film
>>
File: X-men rights.png (455 KB, 640x592) Image search: [Google]
X-men rights.png
455 KB, 640x592
>>
>>82515660
>actually liking katnisstique leading the xmen
Fuck off
>>
File: 1445795489925.jpg (11 KB, 250x240) Image search: [Google]
1445795489925.jpg
11 KB, 250x240
>>82515452
>Thinking Fox is going to do another fucking Fantastic Four reboot.

Nigga, the brand's dead at Fox. It's toast. Kaput. And they have killed it.

Rupert Murdoch singled it out as the key reason why Fox seriously underperformed in a fiscal quarter. That's the kind of shit that lets tells investors "if they make another movie, sell stock in Fox immediately", and there's no way that Fox's investors are going to back yet another reboot. They're extremely lucky that Deadpool helped them recuperate their losses and restore audience trust when it did.

The FF are best left remaining untouched until 2020 at the absolute earliest. At that point, I suspect that Fox will have sold the characters back to Marvel (who Fox have recently been sucking up to if Simon Kinberg and Tim Miller's comments are of any indication), who will then use one of their other tentpoles (like, say, GOTG3) to introduce the characters before giving them their own movie (though they could just take the Hulk/Black Widow route and just include them as supporting characters in other movies).

Also...

>Fox working out a deal with Sony to share Spider-Man.

Fox can't do that. Trust me, I checked the e-mails that leaked from Sony. On the 2-3 occasions that Sony discussed SM/XM/FF crossovers, they said that it involved a lot of legal mumbo-jumbo that they didn't really have the authority to get into. Marvel would have to authorize it, for one thing, and then they'd have to do a whole lot of legal work with Sony to figure out how to split the cash and everything else.
>>
>>82515159
Fox isn't being stupid, they have different priorities.
If an exec lets Disney get the rights back, and Disney then makes hundreds of millions of dollars off of it, that's exec is going to be in big trouble. Companies hate losing money, but they hate seeing their rivals make a lot more money than them even more.
>>
File: Fantastic.Four.full.1284562.jpg (410 KB, 1736x867) Image search: [Google]
Fantastic.Four.full.1284562.jpg
410 KB, 1736x867
>>82515159
I hope phase four would be Fantastic 4
Its the most disney out of all the comic book franchises.
Hopefully no more race bending
>>
>>82515304
>post avengers 1 world science community is massive funded to explore space
> reed and company spent all of phase 3 in SPAAAAAAAAACE
I like this. I feel like it's too late to introduce the Fantastic Four by shooting them off into space in the present, and having them just disappear in space way back in the 60's with no mention of them until now would kind of be bullshit. We've already got Cap and Bucky for all out time-displaced superhero needs. But having them go to space either shortly before or shortly after Phase 1 makes perfect sense.

>>82518848
My problem wasn't even changing Johnny's race so much as the fact that they didn't also change Sue's.
>>
>>82515159
Nope. The FF are over. They don't deserve a redemption.
>>
>>82515159
>movie is set in 1960's New York (space-race)
>Reed Richards, Sue Storm and her brother Johnny are working on a rocket for the US government
>the US government is afraid they will lose the space-race to rival country Latveria, so they send US official Ben Grimm, a friend of Reed Richards and fairly involved with the project to Latveria
>Ben sabotages Latveria's machine, causing it to explode, injuring Dr Victor Von Doom, who went to the same university as Reed
>The USA's rocket/machine is finished and the government tell them (Reed, Sue and Johnny) to take Ben Grimm as a thank you for sabotaging the enemy
>while the crew is celebrating on the ship, Ben reveals to them that he sabotaged Latveria's work, causing a heated argument with Reed
>due to the fighting, they don't notice the cosmic radiation heading for the ship and are hit by it
>they crash land back on Earth and discover they are beginning to develop powers
>Doom has been badly injured by Ben's sabotage, with internal injuries and a small scar on his face which he is more angry about than his other injuries
>he is told he is not going to live so he is approached by gypsies who believe they can keep him alive through magic
>he dons the metal suit partially as life-support and also as traditional Latverian armor, he puts on the mask while it is still hot and, because of his impatience, burns his face
>Doom had become a figure of inspiration for the people of Latveria after surviving against, also because he is a leading scientist
>the cloak/hood he wears is due to his high status
>Doom discovers his equipment was sabotaged and he suspects USA is responsible
>the Fantastic Four have control over their powers now and are working with the government
>Doom launches an attack on America, and the government assigns the Fantastic Four to stop him
>Doom uses tech based weapons, as well as magic and augmented abilities due to his suit
>eventually, the Fantastic Four defeat Dr Doom and Latveria's forces
>>
>>82515159
>I refuse to believe Fox is really that stupid, and Deadpool at least opened the door to integrate Fox-verse into the MCU.

And don't forget the TV show deal. Marvel approved two X-Men-related TV shows for Fox, so they had to get something in return.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.