[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the verdict /co/? I tried agents of shield and couldn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (4 KB, 299x168) Image search: [Google]
image.png
4 KB, 299x168
What's the verdict /co/?

I tried agents of shield and couldn't get into it, is agent Carter any better or more of the same?
>>
>>82446550
General consensus (from people other than /tv/ shitposters and people who've actually watched them instead of just regurgitating memes):
>AoS S1 pre-WS
Awful
>AoS S1 post-WS
Decent to good
>AoS S2
Oscillates between good and bad. There are some really strong episodes, and MacLachan's performance as Zabo is top tier, but there's also a handful of clunkers mixed in that drag the season down. Good overall, but the weak episodes can make parts of it hard to slog through.
>AoS S3
Fantastic. Best cape show currently on TV.

>Agent Carter S1
Starts weak but gets better as it goes on.
>Agent Carter S2
Shit if you care about anything beyond staring at the protagonists huge tits.

Whether season 1 and 2 of AoS are worth slogging through to get to S3 is dependent on how much you value your time I guess. Agent Carter S1 is worth watching, but S2 isn't.

Personally, I'd rate them at:
AoS S3 >> AC S1 = AoS S2 > AoS S1 post-WS >> AC S2 >> AoS S1 pre-WS
>>
>>82446921
I wouldn't say I hated season 2 of Agent Carter, but goddamn, it feels like you can skip the whole damn thing and not miss anything. Definitely weakest season of the shows.
>>
>>82447840
>>82446921
This
>>
Hey OP, I'm the shitlord who makes the Talkback threads every week. Personally speaking:

>S1 AoS
Up until Winter Soldier, it's definitely still kind of finding it's footing. Probably the strongest episode before WS is "FZZT" and "The Hub"; we see a lot of character development for FitzSimmons, the two scientists, and it really goes and explores their characters.

The episode that directly dies in with Winter Soldier is "Turn, Turn, Turn" and coincidentally is the turning point where the whole show is flipped on it's head and becomes very good.

>S2 AoS
It's bad and good like >>82446921 said, MacLachan is amazing and chews up the scenery. It's hard to say which ones you can probably skip, but most of the shit with the Inhumans and the second half of the season really set the tone for how the series deals with other powered people outside of the Avengers. I think (if they didn't know already) it's honestly starting to sow the seeds for Civil War because people just don't feel safe when every fuckhead in the world can suddenly have power

>S3 AoS
Take all those fears and magnify it by the whole goddamn world. Suddenly everyone can legit just manifest powers or get turned to stone. I think S3 has done a very good job of diving into more comic territory. We'll see where it goes, but so far it's been very good.

As for Agent Carter, unless you're a diehard Marvel fan it's not something I would necessarily recommend. S1 is pretty ok and S2 really ramps up Jarvis and Peggy interactions which really strengthens the characters. For a one and done spinoff it's got a remarkable amount of storytelling it crams into a half season of episodes. Perhaps if you're just looking for something extra to watch or you want to see Hayley Atwell's mega milk tits you should watch, but otherwise skip.

And if you're following along, we have pastebins with most of the previous discussion threads (at least for S3 AoS and S2 Carter)

http://pastebin.com/RLge8rQH
http://pastebin.com/SXdLtsxw
>>
When AoS hits Winter Soldier, it gets fucking good and stays that way up until partway through season 3 where it starts to drag.
>>
>>82448379
>stays that way up until partway through season 3 where it starts to drag
What episodes of S3 have you found to be a drag? The only S3 episode that I didn't like and ended up mostly tuning out was the Bobbi/Hunter farewell episode.
>>
>>82448678
all of s3 is shit

the civil war tie-in was pig disgusting

ultron tie-in was pig disgusting
>>
>>82448786
So you saw next weeks episode already?
>>
>>82448786
>the civil war tie-in was pig disgusting
Civil War tie-in hasn't aired yet.
>ultron tie-in was pig disgusting
Ultron tie-in was S2.

So you're just a /tv/ shitposter who doesn't even watch the show. OK.
>>
>>82446550

Just don't

Agents of SHIELD is only okay to me since I have stuck with it for so long. It's nothing that's easy to get into. I watch it and I know it sucks. It's only worth it when they include some obscure comics character that the movie studio has no interest in touching. Aside from that, it's procedural sci-fi B-television, with some absolutely terrible story arcs and character arcs

Agent Carter is even worse

I would only recommend Agents of SHIELD if you were a big fan of Dark Reign and Secret Warriors, because so much of it comes out of that Bendis/Hickman era of SHIELD, but other than that it really isn't that good
>>
Agents of Shield honestly gets better. Agent Carter is for women, it's boring as fuck.
>>
Agent Carter is consistently better.
>>
>>82448893
>absolutely terrible character arcs
Bullshit, the characters are great. I'd say it's the biggest draw of the show for me. Fitz, Simmons, Ward, and now Daisy are some of the best characters we've gotten out of Cape shows on tv.
>>
>>82448981
>Fitz, Simmons,

They suck. Characters who obviously love each other but the relationship can't go anywhere because the writers are using that subplot like a carrot on a stick because they know once the two get together they will become shallow and useless
>>
>>82446550
SHIELD has promise when they aren't trying to tie something into the movies. They drop a lot of there most interesting plot points every season with no explanation every season.

Carter
I personally wanted Peggy starting SHIELD with Howard but despite that it's not bad. the last season wasn't great It felt like a season of filler, but it wasn't awful.
>>
>>82448981
>Simmons
>good
WEW
E
W
>>
I really like SHIELD, but I also don't think I can give a really unbiased opinion. I did originally watch it to laugh at how average it was, but by the time it tied into Winter Soldier I was legitimately enjoying the show, so there's that.

Carter's mostly filler, but period pieces are always fun for me, and getting a musical number in the second season played perfectly straight was great.
>>
>>82449058
They literally just got together in the latest episode genius.

Simmons didn't see Fitz as anything but a friend for all of season 1 and most of season 2. Then she got transported to an Alien planet for half a year with somebody else when things finally started to move forward. And they have more going on for them than just romance. Fitz was at his best in early season 2 when he was dealing with brain injury, and Simmons became more interesting when she went through her "gas the inhumans" phase.
>>
>>82446550
Watch AoS for Ward.
Watch Agent Carter for breasts.
>>
>>82448860
>>82448832
if you saw the movie you saw the tie-in
>>
>>82449572
Sorry to hear you don't live in Freedomland, or, even worse, you think cam rips are worth the hard drive space to download.
>>
I lost interest in Agents of SHIELD when they began pushing the Inhumans shit. Absolutely loved the post-TWS Hydra twist and the first half of Season 2. It actually felt like a spy show, not an X-Men ripoff. I watched up to the episode following the mid-Season 3 finale and gave up because Daredevil Season 2 dropped and was just better.

Likewise, loved Agent Carter in Season 1. Eight episodes meant tight storytelling (I hate 20 episode long American seasons). Season 2 dragged too much and the story wasn't that interesting. Was only watching for Peggy, Howard and Jarvis.

Please tell me AoS gets better because I genuinely liked it before the Inhumans storyline.
>>
>>82449572
That's not how a tie-in works. Just because you've read an event comic doesn't mean you've read an event tie-in.
>>
>>82449615
I've been loving the post-mid S3 episodes, but it's pretty inhumans focused still so if you don't like that, I doubt you'll like the current episodes either.
>>
>>82449675
this isn't shit posting, this is the worst fucking tv show on television

it's now daisy the mary sue: the series
>>
>>82449638
>>82448786
>>82449572
I'm genuinely surprised that this thread has been up for 2 hours and we've only had one /tv/ shitposter.
>>
They are not very good.
>>
>>82449723
>now
The show started as Skye the Mary Sue: The Series. That hasn't been the case since around halfway through S2.

Also it's the best capeshit on television right now. No amount of /tv/ memes will change that.
>>
>>82449784
>That hasn't been the case since around halfway through S2.

what a load of shit, they've now given her special snowflake super powers and she's the love interest of two fucking characters, oh and to boot they made her evil now, oh and let's not forget she suddenly became the greatest operator of all time

so fuck off with these excuses m8, this show is absolute shit
>>
>>82446921
Thanks mate.
>>
>>82448120
Guess I'll start from triple T then, thanks Anon.
>>
>>82449832
>she's the love interest of two fucking characters
What? Her love interest is Lincoln, a bland, blond, CW model. Ward hasn't been interested in her since she shot him and left him for dead. She may have superpowers now, but she's more flawed than ever I'd say. She frequently balks at Coulson's authority even though he's right most of the time.
>>
>>82449906
I would start with T.R.A.C.K.S. (a very solid episode) otherwise you'll miss some very important Tahiti-related developments.
>>
>>82449983
nah nah, neo-ward and her are still a thing

not to mention the "she's muh daughter I never had" thing with Coulson
>>
>>82448120
How long till next episode?
>>
>>82446921
This is undeniably true.
>>
>>82450073
Hive sees himself as a parent, or at least elder member of family that wants to get entire family back together, he no longer thinks about Daisy like this, just like he implied that Ward is glad to be dead.
>>
>>82450073
I didn't know I could roll my eyes and sigh as hard as I did reading your tumor of a post.
>>
>>82450073
>nah nah, neo-ward and her are still a thing
Ignoring the fact that she's literally being mind controlled by him, it's not Ward anymore. She's swayed by the idea of finding a place of her own among the inhumans. A place where she belongs.

>she's muh daughter I never had
Coulson and her are close. Because Coulson doesn't seem to have anything close to a real family, Coulson views them as a family.
>>
>>82449832
>special snowflake super powers
You mean bringing her in line with her comics counterpart? At least its not being halfassed like other shows.
>>
Shield was a monster of the week show pre WS, but then it kicked off and became unique and interesting, the inhuman arc in s2 was a bit slow but it gave us s3 which is the most exciting and tense shit
>>
>>82450092
Under an hour.
>>
>>82446550
I liked the first season of Agent Carter well enough, but I stopped watching season 2 somewhere in the middle. Maybe it's better to binge watch, I don't think it really worked as a week to week show.

Agents of SHIELD is a rollercoaster of dank memes that starts 2/3s through season 1 and doesn't stop.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.