[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
And so a new issue of The Walking Dead dawns on us tomorrow,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
File: The-walking-dead-154-cover.jpg (551 KB, 900x1384) Image search: [Google]
The-walking-dead-154-cover.jpg
551 KB, 900x1384
And so a new issue of The Walking Dead dawns on us tomorrow, let us get a pre-game discussion going on.

Main points:
What is Negan's overall end game?
What will happen with Paul?
Who on Earth is the Radio Survivor Eugine is speaking with?
What will the results be from the war with The Whispers?
What the hell is happening with The Kingdom?

Also it looks like that's not a new character on the cover like we all thought it was going to be, definitely Aaron, who I have a suspicion will actually die in tomorrow's issue, so be prepared to say goodbye to him.
>>
The person on the radio is Claudia
>>
I think Negan is going to try to take out the whisperers himself, or at least learn about them to make fighting them easier, so he can be accepted into the community.

I don't think he'd take them over just to destroy everything Rick has built up for petty revenge, and I doubt he'd be interested in leading a bunch of nomads who dress up like corpses.
>>
>>82441844

I thought so too, would be nice to get her into the main comic but I really don't get a feminine vibe at all from the person speaking on the other end, would be great though. She's probably with the Radio Survivor's group.

My take on the next big bad who will be Radio Survivor's group is that they are pirates, my reasons being:

>Fear the Walking Dead is currently set at sea, exploring how the coastlines have changed due to the apocalypse
>Pete from issue 139 mentioned about how the fish have flourished in great numbers because there's not that many humans left to exhaust them, maybe Radio Survivor's leader is a pirate of sorts who saw the opportunity of what would happen to the seas and took his or her chance
>Walking Dead: The Alien, ended with Claudia sailing out to sea
>Oceanside is a village which thrives on FISHING and we haven't been introduced to them, if Radio Survivor's people are indeed out in the waters then going through them to meet with them would be a good way for the two groups to arrange a meeting

>>82442257

>I think Negan is going to try to take out the whisperers himself
My take on Negan's plan is that he's trying to turn his image around in Alexandria, if he somehow manages to do something remotely good for the community they'll probably forgive him for trying to take it over. I doubt Rick will let him off for good behaviour but he'll still end up being the unexpected hero in all this. I can just imagine the last page of The Whispers arc with Negan being thrown back in prison screaming about how he's the hero and they should all be thanking him, either that or a victory parade thrown for him with residents from the Hilltop like Maggie and Jesus looking on with disgust, hinting at a civil war brewing. The whole forgiving Negan factor would also fit in with what Rick was getting through to the community back in #150

Also what about Carl? It's interesting that he's going to be leading The Saviours soon possibly,
>>
>>82442718
Carl's thirteen he's not gonna be leading anybody anytime soon
>>
>>82442858

I wonder if impending fatherhood will stop Carl from leading The Saviors, either way they need a leader and soon.
>>
>>82442899
I dwight backed off of being lesser but he seems to be manning up with training people so I think he'll go back to leading
>>
I was thinking that Negan was going to try to get his old position back, albeit a bit more restrained. And I have to think he's going to get Lucille back.
>>
>>82443503

Him training the militia really seems to have sort himself out a little and giving him more confidence.
>>
>>82443749
Nah I don't think so. But I do have this feeling he might die soon but I really hope he doesn't
>>
>>82444047

I also think this.
Negan's backstory is getting told now and that's usually never a good sign, not to mention there's always the possibility Alpha might actually kill Negan when the two meet, now if this happens I wonder what would actually happen during the Whisper war, would it rile people up enough to actually care and attack them or would they just not give a fuck Negan was killed by Alpha? I think the character's going to be dead as soon as October rolls around.
>>
No one?
>>
>>82446422
Eh I'm still here, not that means anything. I just want to keep the thread up for when it's storytime time. What time is the digital release, midnight?
>>
>>82446728

Wait it comes out midnight? I guess I could read it here with /co/ tonight then pick up the issue lunch time tomorrow right after my LCS opens up. It would be fun reading it together.
>>
Any predictions on how Aaron and Michone will escape from the predicament they are in? I'm guessing they will be saved by Radio Survivor's people or something. Don't really see Negan convincing Alpha to call off her Whispers when they are closing in on them.
>>
>>82446912
I like reading them with/co/ to buy the discussion didn't last long. Hell /tv/ had a better discussion about the comic earlier and the topic was about fear the walking dead
>>
>>82447944

It's a shame Walking Dead threads never last too long on /co/
>>
>>82441232
Stupid question cause I'm really far behind in the comic, but didn't Rick kill Negan?
>>
>>82448176

No, he jailed him at the end of All Out War, you're probably confusing the scene where he sliced his throat with a knife as murdering him. He's basically been trying to make everyone think he's a good boy, now he's out, murdered a red neck kid who nobody liked and is on his way to do something with the Whispers.
>>
File: 1459472442201.jpg (17 KB, 736x412) Image search: [Google]
1459472442201.jpg
17 KB, 736x412
>>82442718
>Fear The Walking Dead
>>
>>82448279
How does one survive having their throat cut, especially without modern medicine?
>>
>>82448357
It wasn't deep enough, and they still have modern medicine and doctors.
>>
>>82447354
What predicament? The cover for next issue? Those are almost always misleading
>>
>>82448040
True
>>
>>82448662

I'm thinking the cover to this one will be kind of similar to #136 where we saw The Whispers spying on Alexandria from the bushes and that was actually in there.
>>
I'm wondering whether Magna's story is full of shit or not. Would be interesting if Radio Survivor's people turned out to be from the place Magna claimed to be then was all like "Magna, who? Nope. Never heard of anyone by that name here.".

Seeing Woodbury would be kind of cool again, especially if we end up going back to the prison at some point.
>>
>>82442718
>big long pirate theory
>no mention of Kenny "The Boat" Boatman
>>
>>82450311

I haven't played the games.
How canon are they? I know the new one is set between issues #127 and #139
>>
>>82450311
>>82450426

Also to further back up my pirate theory, Radio-kun mentions "People who have TRAVELED, are damaged." Maybe this gives more evidence to the idea he's on a boat rather on land. If you're on a boat you wouldn't need to do much traveling by foot.
>>
How long until the issue is out digitally, I'm guessing still a couple hours till midnight in the US so it would be closer to 3:00am-4:00am my time.
>>
>>82441232
How do the Whisperers wear the flesh of walkers without getting horrible diseases?
>>
>>82455055

Kirkman explains more in detail, kind of bullshit really since the outside is dangerous but the inside is fine like a leather mask, it's kind of like how you make leather from cow hide, similar process.
>>
>>82442718
>>Pete from issue 139 mentioned about how the fish have flourished in great numbers because there's not that many humans left to exhaust them, maybe Radio Survivor's leader is a pirate of sorts who saw the opportunity of what would happen to the seas and took his or her chance

That always bothered me about zombie apocalypses. Why doesn't everyone just go fishing?

Since all the humans are dead, the environment would make a comeback, so you could fish and hunt for all of your food after all the canned food goes away.
>>
So uh when's that digital release happening
>>
>>82457744
I think that's the point of Oceanside now
>>
So the digital is not out yet
>>
P please don't die
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.