[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you have changed age of ultron?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 6
File: latest.png (1 MB, 600x860) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
1 MB, 600x860
How would you have changed age of ultron?
>>
>>82397086
First off, no Ultron. It's too soon, and it did nothing but make Tony look like an ass that has no consequences to his actions. "Age of Kang" would've been better. They could've even tied in Thanos without shoving him in out of nowhere, showing that in the future he destroyed half of all reality and Kang's tech was forged in the remnants of that future. You could even tie Kang to Tony instead of Doom to avoid any copyright bitching.

But if Ultron had to be done, I would make him mysterious. The Avengers don't know where he came from, they don't know what he is. They figure he was a HYDRA product, but they can't trace his origin. I'd leave it open to them finally realizing that Pym made it as a peace keeping program, and Pym hid it away for decades as an embarrassment of his career after Ultron went rogue long ago. Antman didn't come out yet, so I know it's tricky, but it would at least allow for a strong connection between Hank and the Avengers later on.
>>
Trash all the quips and make ultron compelling and not stark 2.0
>>
>>82397086
By fixing his fucking face
>>
File: 1458695351911.jpg (28 KB, 354x313) Image search: [Google]
1458695351911.jpg
28 KB, 354x313
>>82397399
The thing that's sad about your premise is that marvel doesn't even own the rights to kang, Fox does. Despite the fact that Kang has dealt more with the avengers than the fucking fantastic four. Just.. just fuck fox.
>>
Make Ultron dark and scary (no jokes)
Cut 90% of the quips out
Cut Quicksilver (Spend more time with Scarlet Witch and developing her)
Cut Bruce/Natasha love story
Cut Thor's Jacuzzi dream sequence
Spend more time on Tony and Steve's diverging ideals (to set up Civil War)
>>
>>82397729
>>82397412
I think we can all agree on no quips and threatening ultron
>>
>>82397470
If they could use Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, Kang seriously should not be an issue with some tweaking.
>>
>>82397470
>marvel doesn't even own the rights to kang
What? How?
>>
>>82397086
An after credits scene that goes through the ruins of Sokovia, and you see a single computer monitor in the rubble light up with Ultron code.
>>
>>82397914
Maybe because he's a Richards? I have no idea honestly.
>>
Literally everything. The design of Ultron, the creation of Ultron, his personality, his actions, everything about him. Also I'd probably put Falcon on the team.
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 555x367) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 555x367
>mfw Tony instead of feeling awful for "creating" Ultron and taking responsibility, he defends himself and feels no remorse.
>>
>>82398258
>and does it again
>>
>>82397904
No, it's straight up they can't use him at all. He was in the FF package when they sold the rights. I think it's also the same with annihalus
>>
>>82397729
Why Black Widow and Hulk romance though? It's shit and fake as hell. She literally moves on to other male protagonists like they're fashion choices.
>>
>>82397880
>no quips
having no quips is ridiculous, it's just having quips at times that didn't need comedy
>>
test
>>
>>82397399
They can't use Kang. He's wrapped up in the FF package at Fox.
>>
>>82398356
I don't think it worked anon, try again.
>>
Has anyone ever tried re-editing the movie to remove most of the unnecessary quips?
>>
>>82398414
Why, do you need something to watch on a 45 minute layover?
>>
Remove Black Widow and Bruce rimance
>>
>>82398443
Just wondering how it would flow
>>
Remember when the first Avengers movie came out and everyone was praising marvel for making Superheroes movies fun instead of dark and edgy?

Now everione thinks having jokes is a flaw
>>
>>82398535
Have they even released the original cut of the movie that clocked in at about 3 hours and something minutes?
>>
>>82398632
Contrary to popular belief, it doesn't have to be just one or the other. There can be a mix of both and a mix of both in fitting scenes. If you're making cursing jokes in one scene and then showcase the future death of your entire team soon after, something went wrong.
>>
>>82398632
There's nothing wrong with jokes, but it's Whedon's kneejerk reaction to put a joke into scene to disarm any tension there might be, like he's backtracking on something he regrets doing. Jokes are good but there has to come a time where It's Not Funny Anymore.
>>
>>82397995
It's because he's a Richards.
>>
Come on, you don't actually think people are judging the quality of a movie on the existence of jokes. You can't be that stupid. It's the quality of the writing and whether or not the jokes fit in properly that matters.
>>
>>82397086
I'd have made ultron voiced by a young child for added horror.
>>
>cut down the farm house scenes, keep the introduction to Clint's family at a minimum, get rid of the banner and Widow shower scenes
>Show Ultron as a global threat
>show Natasha talking to Fury about keeping Hulk under control
>show the original Ultron Blueprints with Dr Pym's name on it
>have Hawkeye die instead if QS
>show that QS and SW join the Avengers so they can honor Clint's sacrafice
>do not have Widow fighting the Ultron Bots in cqc, instead have her being a sniper or sneaking around doing spy shit
>>
NO
QUIPS
>>
>>82398829
>>82397995
>>82397914
>>82398347
>>82397904
>>82397470

I wish I could see the straight-laced, white bread lawyers sitting around a round table scratching their heads trying to figure out rights issues in regards to these extremely retcon-heavy characters like Kang.
>>
Have him switch bodies constantly with each one having a different design make the last battle them fighting against a Gundam sized Ultron
>>
>>82397470
>MCU can't used based Kang

JUST
>>
>>82397086
Introduce Pym, make Ultron his creation. Make Ultron almost random, like he follows the laws of Marvel nature: Things can only get worse.

Focus more on Ultron's level of threat. Emphasize that unlike Loki, Ultron is but one really dangerous being with no assistance. Show WHY he is so scary, show us that he alone can out-think and out-maneuver the Avengers. Give us the unstable yet extremely terrifying Ultron that isn't humorous or quippy, but instead unsettling. Don't give him a moving mouth and eyes, make his personality almost uncertain at all times.

Ditch the romance plots. Focus on the Avengers as friends and a team. Don't use Tony fucking up as a scape goat for drama. Show that under the pressure, they start to crack because they all disagree with how to fight Ultron. No twins or Vision, keep it group focused. Don't kill off any main characters, there's no need to do that for the sake of drama.

Hint that Ultron isn't dead, but stalled. MCU is awful at making the villains truly seem threatening and looming, and Ultron's biggest factor in the comics is that you can't really beat him.
>>
Why are some of you hating on the quips? Marvel comics were always full of quips
>>
>>82399684
it's a /tv/ meme
>>
>>82399684
I thin people are exaggerating, they enjoy SOME quips but not when it's full overboard like in ultron
>>
Ultron needed to actually cause some havoc in the world. He should has used his connection to the internet to disrupt everything around the world.

The Proto Alien AI should have merged with JARVIS at first. Creating a new intelligence known at Ulvis. Which has a split personality problem. Ultimately resolved by it splitting in two like Kami and Piccolo. The good part becomes the AI known as Vision and the bad becomes Ultron.

Instead of dropping some slav city to make man kind extinct. Ultron holds the infrastructure of modern civilization hostage. Sends his goon bots all over the world. Then address the whole world at once. He gives humanity an ultimatum. Give up their flesh for a Synthazoid body and be part of his hive mind.

Vision kicks Ultron out of the Synthazoid prototype. Forcing Ultron into a Vibranium back up body. All the while the Avengers are scattered all over the world. Doing damage control to Ultron's control of power plants, dams, air traffic control, etc.

Thor and Cap join Vision to battle Ultron's body. While Vision's mind and Tony battle Ultron in cyberspace. Physical world team is getting their asses beat. So Vision takes Mjolnir from Thor and the shield from Cap. Using the combined might he starts wailing on Ultron's physical forms.

Vision and Tony purge Ultron from every thing. Leaving Ultron to just his drones and Vibranium Master form. All the Ultrons defeated, Vision removes the Mind Stone from the shattered Vibranium Ultron's head. Vision adds it to his own body to keep it safe and make sure the evil of Ultron is never allowed out. The final talk they had in the movie, now takes place in Vision's mind.

The HYDRA base from the beginning now has Klaw and his Vibranium there. HYDRA was using it in experiments with Chituari biology and tech to create the Synthazoid. The Twins get their powers by being test subjects for Synthazoid enhancement. This also allows for Ultron to control them until Ultron is purged from the internet.
>>
>>82397086
Ultron is a Hank Pym creation, it's a prototype multidimensional operating system SHIELD has kept locked in a vault for at least twenty years until they could figure out exactly what they had their hands on - Tony takes it to use as a basis for networked AI to power his 'Iron Legion' concept, but unbeknownst to him the system has, Skynet-like, developed a rudimentary self-awareness during its years of solitude. Being connected to Tony's vastly more advanced computer systems rapidly accelerates its development and it is angry.

Ultron isn't a quip machine, Ultron is the computer from Demon Seed with a serious axe to grind against humanity, it's basically gone insane from two decades locked in a 386.

No Banner/Widow forced romance. No Hawkeye farm. No Nick Fury out of nowhere, if he's going to be in the film introduce him properly.

Quicksilver doesn't die.

Sharpen up the plot and dialogue, extend the timespan of Ultron's takeover of earth, have a less retarded plot to wipe out all life.

Actually give the Vision something to do in the story other than just be there, build him up as a character and start hinting at a future relationship with Wanda.

There's plenty more you could do to fix AoU, but just off the top of my head that's a good start.
>>
>>82400000
oh my Quints

Vision and the Twins move in with Hawkeye at the Farm. Where Vision becomes sort of a mentor and guardian for them along with Clint.
>>
>>82399684
This is what normies actually believe
>>
Don't kill off Quicksilver. He really needed to be in more than one movie at least.
>>
>>82397086

Wait until after Ant Man was integrated into the Avengers so they could do him proper

Cut all the quips from his dialogue

Introduce him in a way that makes sense besides "Lol I'm bored Bruce lets make that Ultron"
>>
File: welcome to you are doom.jpg (36 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
welcome to you are doom.jpg
36 KB, 500x333
Just turn it into a Frisky Dingo movie, it's almost there
>>
>>82397412

There it is. Also no mouth on Ultron and make the design a bit less like Transformers reject. Ultron in the comics had a less complex look to him that I liked.
>>
>>82397086
Remove all the Infinity War setup, give Ultron a digitally generated voice that just reads lines in a monotone instead of a voice actor. Don't give him an emotive face. Give his drones wild body types instead of humanoid, like he's experimenting with different physical compositions. Add two lines of dialogue that explain why the drones took the trailer with Widow inside so people don't complain about something for no good reason.

"Nat, the drones are coming back!"
"Don't worry Clint, they can't risk a fight around the cradle, Ultron won't risk damage to the android!"

See? Now it makes perfect sense.
>>
>>82400651

>normies

Anon please. Thanks to the MCU these are true fans.
>>
>>82401002

I think it would have been great if he started with the human look to make him seem less threatening to people and throughout the movie he constantly makes adjustments to himself to look less human because he hates them and eventually becomes the emotionless Ultron we all know and love.
>>
>>82401139
People complained about the trailer scene because it looked retarded, not for plot reasons.
>>
>>82401388
How could it have looked any different? Or do you mean the face jets?
>>
>>82397086
Imagine a AoU Russos script
i would be cumming , what they did with CW was fantastic.
>>
>>82398356

you did it son
>>
>>82397086
Redesign Ultron
Capitalize on Ultron being able to be anywhere. Make it literally the beginning of an age where humanity can do fuck all because there are authoritative ultron drones in every country, police stating them.
Capitalize on him being effectively immortal because of this, and the fact that he can also escape into the internet.
Have him slowly go from "I have to protect the world from themselves" to "fuck humans. Lets start fresh. Meteor time." instead of it being his first plan.
>>
>>82400004
I like all of this. I'd like to suggest that the AI was somewhat dormant and 'unconscious' during its time with SHIELD, but Tony's brute force hacking in the Helicarrier during Avengers I prodded it very basic consciousness and allowed it to observe the current world around it, via SHIELD's network as well as the Internet.

When Tony later goes to do his thing with the Iron Legion, the AI's wayyyy ahead of him with its own plans. And to make it even better, Ultron mocks Tony in front of his Avengers peers, calling him out for assisting Ultron not just once with the Iron Legion plans, but twice for 'waking' him up with his hacking on the Helicarrier.

Part of Tony's character is arrogance and impatience - he does what he fucking wants when he feels that he's surrounded by slow thinkers - which is like all the time. Having him face what he's done twofold is even better.
>>
>>82397086

Plot wise, I would take Ultron and make him an anti-Loki - uninterested in playing games, pragmatic - he shouldn't want to put on a show. If the entire world ended without a single person noticing, he'd much rather do that. And, if we're keeping the MCU timeline and Tony's involvement, have Ultron actually be the program Tony wanted to use to save the world. But, in Tony's arrogance, he didn't have the foresight to create an AI that saw the good in people.

I mean, Tony doesn't. He's been imprisoned, attacked, had people hate him (excuse to throw the Twins in there), and the same can be said of Bruce. Neither one has had much luck in believing in people, so they don't program their AI to do the same.

And so, when it goes online, it wants to do what it thinks is right, but has Tony and Bruce's admittedly fascist world views that says that the world needs people like them to save it from itself.

Only, Ultron is the logical conclusion of this. Tony doesn't give his technology away, he hides it from a world he can't trust. Bruce, obviously, doesn't trust people. Black Widow and Hawkeye are in too deep in the black ops world, they can't see the top anymore. Thor repeatedly looked down on humanity, even after his dance with humility. And the events of Winter Soldier have left Cap unable to fully trust organizations of authority, his government included.

The Avengers don't trust the world and so it would make sense that their creation, their "son", wouldn't trust it either.

So he begins gathering resources to fulfill his programming. Physical bodies, weaponry, access to world technological infrastructure - Ultron wants it all. And then he attacks.

He invades Sokovia, proclaims who he is and what he wants to do. And the Avengers have to stop him.
>>
>>82403612
>Keep the twins, but no Vision
>In an Ultron movie
Really?
>>
>>82397086

Make Ultron more sinister, less comic. He can still have some quips, but the villain bit needs to be more overpowering.

Don't muddy the waters with excessive side-characters.

Focus on Stark and Cap; they are the head-butting co-directors of The Avengers Initiative. Thor seemed like he was there just to "plot prog!" Hawkeye was just there to "farm and shit!" And all the Wanda-induced flashbacks just stuffed the movie up too much.
>>
>>82403719

I said you have the excuse, no particular reason to actually have them. Just giving the theme of frustration and hatred of "heroes" a physical representation.

Vision would probably be the same as in AoU; an attempt to create and even better version of themselves that gets a chance to be their own person. I didn't include him in the description because not much changes.
>>
>>82400000

Witnessed
>>
>>82397086
I would have made it like the Terminator apocalyptic future. The kind of shit that gives kids nightmares. No jokes from Ultron, only unrelenting human genocide
>>
>>82397399
Both your ideas are retarded. Well done.
>>
>>82397995
Because his first appearance was as Rama Tut in FF.
>>
>>82398706
>If you're making cursing jokes in one scene and then showcase the future death of your entire team soon after, something went wrong.
Explain why.
>>
>>82398972
>cut down the farm house scenes, keep the introduction to Clint's family at a minimum
but then
>have Hawkeye die instead if QS
>show that QS and SW join the Avengers so they can honor Clint's sacrafice

That's wrong. One of the biggest issues was QS' death was unimpactiful compared to what Hawkeye's death would have been, precisely because they set up Hawkeye's family.
>>
Make Ultron's motive more interesting.
>>
>>82400651
Whatever you need to tell yourself, high-pockets.
>>
>>82397729
I don't entirely agree with the no jokes, they just need to change them and use them sparingly. Make it more black humor that makes the audience go "That's fucked up".
>>
>>82399684
I don't mind quips. I do mind non-menacing Ultron though.
>>
>>82405039
Black Panther's first appearance was in FF. Wolverine's first appearance was in The Incredible Hulk.
>>
MAKE ULTRON FEMALE

>sultry doomsday voice

We'll make BILLIONS
>>
>>82405315
With Terri Brosius voicing her, taunting a frustrated and mentally unstable Hank Pym would have been great though I like Scott Lang I think a played straight wife beating and all Pym would have made for a better contrast to Stark than what we got
>>
Is it not possible to do like, a parody of Kang? Not like a joke parody, but have a character in the MCU that looks and acts like Kang but is different enough that they can't get sued over it

Failing that, I would mainly remove all Infinity Stone references from the movie (the scepter doesn't have an Infinity Stone either)

Throw in a reference to Tony's Ultron program being based on a prototype Pym designed. Remove Widow/Banner romance. Strucker doesn't die.

Fucking--god damn, either get rid of the shitty Witch-induced visions, or do a better god damn job portraying what the fuck that was about. Cap seemed barely fazed by his, Widow got all mopey, Thor was shown actual clairvoyant shit, Tony went crazy over his, and apparently the Hulk was mind-controlled? Nobody fucking knows the extent to which she messed with their minds, probably not even Whedon.

Oh, and add some god damn tension to the final battle.
>>
I'd have set it up better in phase 2 movies.

The first Avenger's movie had heaps of set up, and so do the Infinity War films, but Age of Ultron just came out of no where. There was no real hype surrounding it.

Obviously there wouldn't be set up in something like Guardians of the Galaxy. but they should have at least used Iron Man 3 to build him up. The twins in TWS wasn't really enough seeing as they're not really connected to Ultron.
>>
>>82405597
How about, the House Party Protocol is actually a more primitive Ultron instead of using Jarvis to control them?
>>
>>82397086
DON'T MAKE VISION'S ORIGIN SO FUCKING CRYPTIC. IRON MAN SCIENCE PLUS NANO MACHINES AND SYNTHETIC STUFF AND LETS THROW THOR MAGIC INTO IT AND MAKE IT TAKE AN HOUR TO MAKE. NO.
AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PLEASE, LET WAR MACHINE HAVE A MOMENT OF GLORY WITHOUT IRON MAN FLYING IN AND HELPING HIM OUT KILLING FUCKING DRONES. WOW.
>>
Change the Ultron design to make it more simple like Chappie instead of like a roided out emotive terminator. Also maybe I would give hi ma cape or something he would wear for part of the movie, as if he is trying not to stick out like a sore thumb.
>>
>>82405307
I'm just sying that's the reasoning which they went with when they grouped his rights with F4.
>>
>>82405637
>IRON MAN SCIENCE PLUS NANO MACHINES AND SYNTHETIC STUFF AND LETS THROW THOR MAGIC INTO IT AND MAKE IT TAKE AN HOUR TO MAKE. NO.
That's not criptic though.
>>
>>82397086
Actually fucking buildup to Ultron's villainy rather than having him turn evil because he looked at clips of the shoah on youtube.
>>
>>82397412
I would make him a self-loathing Stark 2.0 He knows he's got a lot of Stark in him, and hates himself every time he throws a quip around. Over the course of the film he goes practically crazy with hate trying to detach himself from Stark and Humanity, becoming the cold death machine we all know and love.
In other words, though he starts with quips, he doesn't finish with quips.
>>
>fix quicksilver
>replace iron man with ant man
>ultron saves himself onto a floppy and it's found by hydra in the post-credits
>>
>>82397399
>change age of ultron
>no ultron

Maybe you're right but we're asking you to save the movie, not destroy it
>>
>>82397086
>not him dying
>actually dangerous
>less shitty army

I mean his soldiers were complete shit and jobbers, they were always destroyed in seconds without doing anything. Seeing them destroying things and killing people, while being stronger would have been stronger.

Also him dying at the end is retarded. The point of the character is that he's literally an immortal god thanks to his based AI existence, so fuck Vision.
>>
>>82397086
Montage of Ultron wrecking havoc on the world as he assembles his city bomb components.
>>
>>82397086
have it star Hank Pym
>>
>>82405237
This. A good vicious and unexpected twisted joke is always nice
>>
>>82401214
this would own
the last thing he drops is the aw-shucks spader quippyvoice
>>
>Have the Avengers working better together in the beginning but only in little groups that have interacted between Avengers, like Nat and Steve, Black Widow and Hawkeye, Bruce and Tony, and Thor being everyone's third wheel
>Cap being the one to curse, everyone but Thor and Nat acting surprised, and him saying something about how he was in the army and people curse in the army just a bit
>No Nat/Bruce romance so Black Widow can date Bucky later, just a couple scenes where Nat is genial toward Bruce to show she's not terrified of Hulk anymore
>Tony plays some loud death metal or something equally stupid to calm Bruce down as the 'lullaby', maybe he has speakers in the Iron Man suit like Ultron's ass and they could have a quip about Ultron being a copy-cat
>Ultron is an amalgamation of all the best and worst traits of all the avengers, though Tony's is most prominent
>Or Ultron is mostly everything bad in Stark under the few surface quips, like self-loathing for some reason while facing the Avengers he has a panic attack without realizing what's going on, sees Tony's knowing look, and turns on him in anger because self-loathing
>No Clint family
>Actual public backlash against Nat because of her now public files, maybe someone acting afraid of her after she saves them, proving her with some emotional turmoil that isn't can't have babies
>Cap is acting a bit distracted, glued to his phone, obviously trying to find new info finding Bucky
>Thor has a quiet moment when he thinks nobody is looking, but quickly lays on the cheery viking act a bit thick again to cover his grief for his family
>Nat being able to manipulate Ultron, a few-day old being who's shown to be capable of emotional attachments toward humans
>Public backlash against Vision
>>
>>82397086
Ultron creates Vision and sends him to take out the Avengers, while he's taking the the world hostage by hacking into various security systems and making a potential Skynet scenario.
>>
File: 1433878497278.jpg (55 KB, 500x385) Image search: [Google]
1433878497278.jpg
55 KB, 500x385
>>82407917
>Thor being everyone's third wheel
>Black Widow can date Bucky later
>speakers in the Iron Man suit like Ulton's ass
>Ultron has a panic attack
>Cap is glued to his phone
>Thor acting like a cheeky Viking
>Black Widow manipulating Ultron
>backlash against Vision

This is a troll post right?
>>
-no moving face
-more mechanical voice
-longer/more intense fight with the drones, not just saving people
-quickslav lives
-don't have an artificial meteor, I want the drones to be like the Annihilation wave
-clint doesn't have a family, dies
>>
>>82397904
SW/Quicksilver have completely different licensing rules than everyone else for some reason.
>>
>People wanting a villain who quips

Look at the WS and CW, the villains in those movies rarley quipped, but they were still good
>>
>>82397399

Tony is an ass, that's his character..
>>
File: 1363212379017.jpg (11 KB, 124x299) Image search: [Google]
1363212379017.jpg
11 KB, 124x299
Search results for "Hank"; six showing.
Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.