[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm kinda behind when it comes to DC animated movies. On
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: Justice-League-vs-Teen-Titans.jpg (116 KB, 970x545) Image search: [Google]
Justice-League-vs-Teen-Titans.jpg
116 KB, 970x545
I'm kinda behind when it comes to DC animated movies. On a whim I watched Justice League vs. Teen Titans and it was pretty decent. Which DC animated films would you say are definitely worth watching, /co/?
>>
Under the Red Hood is one of the best. If you don't mind Wonder Woman killing defenseless children then watch Flashpoint
>>
>>82373282

I've actually seen Red Hood too when it first came out 6 years ago. Probably the best overall movie. The fight scenes and voice acting are top notch. My big complaint with Justice League vs. Teen Titans is that the voice acting is pretty fucking terrible at times.
>>
>>82373565
That is the trend in the new animated movies.
I would recommend UTRH, Batman year one and TDKR both parts. If you don't mind the old animation, mask of the phantasm is good too.
After that, Flashpoint was good but every other movie after it with anime stye and shit copied its formula with murder, nudity or sex to prove that DC animated films are "for mature audience"
I say go with JL:Doom, Crisis on two earths and Batman / superman apocalipse. Those are fun and WW has a good share of good fight choreography. And public enemies if you wanna see bats and supes kick everyones ass. And I really mean everyone.
>>
Crisis on two Earths is the best one.
>>
>>82373163
i dont think i have auctualy seen any of them im about to watch throne of atlantis myself
>>
>>82373163

Raven is that Big?
>>
>>82373163
Justice League: Gods and Monsters
>>
I couldn't stand the voices in this.
>>
>>82373163
Under the Red Hood
Bad Blood
Superman vs. The Elite
>>
>>82373282
>defenseless
>>
Raven was cute yet too matter of fact
>>
>>82375959
I've been pretty down on the voices in most of them lately. That recent one with the origins of everyone was really bad about this, average movie except the voices just sucked so bad.
>>
Is Beastboy a cuck now?
>>
>>82376102
>now

he's been a cuck, like forever
>>
>>82375550
I ended up doing some other stuff before starting the film but that was pretty good I was expecting it to follow a lot closer to the comic then it did but the only change that bothered me massively was that cyborg got his lung replaced without needing a pressing reason.

It is odd though I know you have to make changes to fit the film structure but these were massive did they make a few to fit some prior film they had and just decided to go all out after that. I doubt they had any prior films though with Arthur not yet a part of the league
wish I could watch more of them but I need to be keeping a big eye on my bandwidth so o will have to watch at a slow pace.
>>
File: 3217494-8133867863-39679.jpg (1 MB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
3217494-8133867863-39679.jpg
1 MB, 1280x960
Flash point paradox is probably the best thing I've seen since Mask of the Phantasm. I've seen them all.
>>
>>82378344
oh i forgot one other major criticism
there was far to much of a gap between orm giving the order to attack and the general doing the same it was the worst case of lingering on a shot i have seen since double rainbooms forest although i suppose they were doing it to show the atlantiens attacking it still seemed off
>>
>>82373163
>On a whim I watched Justice League vs. Teen Titans and it was pretty decent.
Might as well recommend Son of Batman given your shit taste
>>
Ok I just watched this. How is it possible that one character can be such a little edgy dipshit like Robin.
>>
>>82373163
Wonder Woman 08
Under the Red Hood
Batman Year One
Green Lantern: First Flight
All-Star Superman

>>82379208
JL vs TT was the best of the recent wave of shit we've gotten
>>
>>82380398
You haven't read many new Damien comics, have you?
>>
>>82380462
>JL vs TT was the best of the recent wave of shit we've gotten
Nah, it was worst than Bad Blood.
>>
They need to stop the obsession with Damian, he's such a shit character.

What character would /co/ like to be animated next?

>Terra/Powergirl movie never
>>
>>82380711
Red Robin, yum
>>
>>82380711
Jason is a crybaby not damian..sorry loser.Tim is cancer .
What character would /co/ like to be animated next?
jasons dead .
>>
File: Bat_Crippling.png (507 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Bat_Crippling.png
507 KB, 1280x720
Absolutely adore Bruce Timm's Dark Knight Returns movies, strongly recommend checking them out.

Animation's solid, voice acting is great and overall feels less dated than the source-material without being demonstrably different.
>>
>>82375959
Blue Beatle and Beast Boy were fucking spot on.

Damian's has eaten dick in every movie he's been in.

Raven's ACTING was off af, but I genuinely liked the sound of that voice. Shit could sooth me to sleep.
>>
File: 1462093951219.jpg (1 MB, 1988x1528) Image search: [Google]
1462093951219.jpg
1 MB, 1988x1528
>>82381402
oh jason you sucks.
Batman hate you .
>>
>>82381426
Love that part so much!
Under the Red Hood is one of the best.
Jason s a Pussy!!!
>>
File: fellowkids.jpg (70 KB, 960x547) Image search: [Google]
fellowkids.jpg
70 KB, 960x547
>>82381350
I didn't like Carrie, though. DCAU kid voice actors always sound fake as fuck. Pic related, it's Robin disguised as a mutant gang member.
>>
Was Dick talking with Starfire over the phone in Batman vs. Robin and Bad Blood?
>>
>>82373163
>definitely worth watching
Under The Red Hood
Doomsday
JL Doom
TDKR 1 and 2
JL Flashpoint Paradox

I personally also like JL War and Superman/Batman Apocalypse.
>>
>>82380711
>Terra
Well if the stinger is anything to go by we're getting old Terra
>>
No one's mentioned Justice League Gods and Monsters yet. Sad, as it's pretty damn good.

I also enjoyed JL War, but more because it was kinda campy, if you go into it expecting a super serious plot you'll be disappointed; but if you enjoy Hal Jordan making a fool of himself and Captain Marvel hitting on Wonder Woman with all the subtlety of an eight year old you'll like it.

TDKR and Year One were decent adaptations, too. All Star Superman is worth a watch; comic is better but All Star has best clumsy Clark Kent and Beautiful Face.
>>
>>82381693
Thing about Gods and Monsters is that it's basically alternate versions, which makes it come off as fanfic. It's enjoyable, but doesn't feel like I'm watching the trinity.
>>
>read thread
>no Assault on Arkham

Plebs, the lot of you.
>>
>>82381749

True, but it's probably one of the best original plots to come out of the DC animated movie initiative. Definitely worth a watch, but if you're feeling the classics you might want to look elsewhere.

Also sorry to the anon above who actually did mention the movie, I did not see you there
>>
>>82381867
I bet it is better then the live action Sucide squad.
>>
>>82381867
Unless you are a 13 year old seeing animated softcore for the first time Assault on arkham is pretty meh.

The plot is so twisty convoluted in order to make cool action scenes it almost feel like a parody, someone in the writer room probably gave up trying and called a day.

The JLU episode Task force X actually manages to be better in 20 minutes with no recognizable villains than that movie.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.