[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FLASH SEASON 3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 12
File: Flash.jpg (224 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Flash.jpg
224 KB, 1920x1080
I have a friend who works on the show. According to him, the main villain of season 3 will be Cicada, and they're looking at some top tier TV actors to play him. No formal offers have been made yet, but the pipeline includes Kevin Durand, Mark Pellegrino, David Morse, Titus Welliver and Jason Isaacs.

Also, Mirror Master will be a major villain, to the point that his actor (auditions still hasn't started) will be brought in on a recurring capacity rather than the guest billing of most villains of the week.

They're also bringing in two new characters, Valerie Cruz, who is a scientist type; and Jared Morillo, as a new hotshot cop.
>>
Also, one of the first villains of the week they're clearing out for season 3 is Magenta, and she's gonna have a psycho stalker with a crush vibe to her personality.
>>
File: 1459921379181.jpg (94 KB, 765x743) Image search: [Google]
1459921379181.jpg
94 KB, 765x743
>Cicada
>Who?
>Search him

Cicada enters the Flash's life as a mysterious cult leader who's followers are dedicated to the murder of every one that the Flash has ever saved using lightning bolt shaped daggers. He teams up with the Flash's ex, Magenta and manages to kidnap the Flash. Cicada reveals to Wally that his wife was murdered and he was struck by lightning. Cicada saw a vision that he was destined to live on, together with his wife. By taking the energy left over from all the people the Flash has saved and from the Flash himself, Cicada succeeded in bringing his wife back from the dead.

However, his wife revealed that Cicada murdered her. Cicada denyed this and killed his wife yet again by absorbing her energy through a kiss. He was eventually stopped by the Flash and Detectives Fred Chyre and Jared Morillo, though not before he managed to slash Morillo with his knife. This gave Morillo a healing factor, similar to Cicada's own.

Cicada was put on death row in Iron Heights (pending confirmation by STAR labs that he could even be killed in the first place) but escaped during Gorilla Grodd's jailbreak. Cicada later appeared at Captain Boomerang's funeral and accepted an invitation to join Alex Luthor's Society during Infinite Crisis.
>>
>>82365078
At least /co/ can't bitch they're doing an evil speedster again.
>>
>>82365169
Now we can bitch about Wally's storylines being plucked and adapted for Barry!
>>
>>82365387
There's no winning, is there?
>>
File: VNyk86k.png (651 KB, 1067x800) Image search: [Google]
VNyk86k.png
651 KB, 1067x800
>>82365988
>>
So I'm trying to watch this and arrow on Netflix. I just finished season 2 of arrow. When do I start this? And do I need to watch both shows at once?
>>
>>82366630
Now. And not really until you get to the obvious crossover episode.
>>
Arrow 1
Arrow 2
Arrow 3 and Flash 1
Arrow 4 part 1 Flash 2 part 1
Arrow and Flash crossover
Arrow 4 part 2 Flash 2 part 2 Legends of Tomorrow
>>
>>82366760
Thx
>>
>Morillo
>But Chyre is dead

Fucking monkey's paw.
>>
>>82364323
The Flash befriends villain pretending to be friend. Flash uses villain's help to get to stronger to beat villain. flash finds out the truth and slows down because he's bummed. friends encourage him to speed up. run barry run. save the day but at a cost that will be the spin off to why the next season has to exist.
>>
Probably gonna pay as much attention to Flash's 3rd season as I did to Arrow's. I wanna watch a show about the guy who's name is in the title, not one about the guy and his 6 team members half of which have the same abilities as him.
>>
To be honest, I was kind of hoping for Abra Kadabra as Season 3's big bad, if only to give CW a reason to bring Constantine and Zatanna to Central City
>>
>>82367641
FLash should get a new friend/mentor who is a legit good guy, but his experiences with Reverse Flash and Zoom make him incredibly suspicious and sometimes hostile if he thinks he's up to no good.

This treatment eventually drives the person to become a villain.
>>
File: no.png (696 KB, 1011x623) Image search: [Google]
no.png
696 KB, 1011x623
>>82365078
>mfw I literally just read the comics with him and his cult
If this is true this could be cool
>>
>>82367681
There are literally zero speedsters on Barry's team.

In fact, there are literally zero heroic speedsters on the show so far, because "Jay" doesn't count.
>>
>>82367769
flash never learns his lesson.
>>
>>82365387
Well there was already bitching about him dating a Wally love interest last season.
>>
the fact most of these actors are all from lost makes me suspicious
>>
The quality of actor they get won't matter if the writing sucks. Mark Pellegrino and Jason Isaacs are awesome, but they wouldn't have made Jay/Zoom any better because that character is fundamentally broken.

S2 has actually made me want to see Teddy Sears in something else, because there's a possibility that his cardboard performance is due to the terrible script and not because of him.

>>82368094

M8 every single major genre actor with prestige on TV showed up on Lost, that show was a magnet for these kinds of performers.
>>
>>82368094
Most TV actors had at least one stint on LOST.
>>
>>82368190
Hateboner still going strong, I see.
>>
>>82364323
>Cicada
Lame.
>>
>>82368336

>implying I hate it

I'm just disappointed. Flash went from appointment viewing to something I throw on in the background if I feel like it, the quality drop has been nuts.
>>
>particle accelerator explodes
>100 or so people are gifted with Godly abilities
>literally only 4 of them decided to be heroes

What kind of sense does this make? Why are Barry, Cisco, and Firestorm the only noncriminal metas? You'd think there'd be some comic nerds or some other people in law enforcement that got powers.
>>
>>82368714
Plastique wasn't a villain. So up that count to five.
>>
>the main villain of season 3 will be Cicada

glad I've dropped the show already
>>
>>82364323
Any word on which Mirror Master?
>>
>>82369398
No because you're an idiot that falls for 4chan leaks.
>>
>>82369423
Didn't say I fell for it. I'm just curious about what he says.

Anyway, whether it's the same guy or a different guy, anons on at least three occasions have claimed that Cicada's a big villain for next season.
>>
>>82367708
Goddamn this week's Arrow really had me hoping they would bring back Constantine... some of the lines seemed to be leading to "we need a magic guy or we're screwed! Constantine!" But alas... fuck I want that show to come back.
>>
>>82368094
It's like being surprised that an actor from True Blood is on a tv show.
>>
>>82364957
>Magenta, and she's gonna have a psycho stalker with a crush vibe to her personality.

She'd better at least be stalking Wally.
He may be a shitty imitation of Wally, but they could at least lock Frances on him.
>>
File: 2983227-5495975464-Plund.jpg (74 KB, 561x732) Image search: [Google]
2983227-5495975464-Plund.jpg
74 KB, 561x732
>>82367533
What if Morillo just turns out to be Plunder in the end?

Also, Joe does need a new partner with Patty exiled forever.
>>
>tfw looking through old talkback threads to see if there were more "lel my dad werks at nintendo!!!" type posts during Season 1
>there were basically none
>everybody was too hype
>so many posters correctly predicted that the show would become shit in Season 2
>>
>>82365078
basically a weird dude from Johns' run who never had any importance beyond his initial arc
>>
>>82370303
his whole "being immortal arc" tapered off so disappointingly
>>
File: VAMPIRE FUCKING SHITS.webm (1 MB, 1912x1072) Image search: [Google]
VAMPIRE FUCKING SHITS.webm
1 MB, 1912x1072
>>82364323
>Kevin Durand

unlikely, he's busy with the Strain
>>
>>82370303
Wasn't the Plunder Morillo's doppelganger from an alternative Universe?

Earth-2 won't stay closed off forever.
>>
File: FUCK PHYSICS, I'M THE FLASH.jpg (368 KB, 1024x1640) Image search: [Google]
FUCK PHYSICS, I'M THE FLASH.jpg
368 KB, 1024x1640
reading the comics just reminds me how disappointing the show is by comparison
>>
Why can't we just get the Rogues? As in, Mirror Master, Abra Kadabra, and The Top join forces against Barry. Even he can't withstand their combined attack if they do proper teamwork. Mister Element and Doctor Alchemy would also be good too.
>>
>>82371046
budget, not even the vfx - having all those guest stars costs a lot
>>
>>82371086
Pssh, the one thing about superheroes is that when their enemies join forces, shit gets real and that makes the conflict all the more epic. We've never had a story arc for live-action superheroes where the bad guys get their shit together and constantly thwart the hero because of their combined strength and strategy.

Mirror Master, Abra Kadabra, and The Top have the skills that would frustrate the fuck out of Barry. Doctor Alchemy's Philosopher Stone could fuck up Barry even when he taps into the Speed Force.
>>
>>82371046
Yes please, that's what I want too.
>>
File: cltJvUY.jpg (256 KB, 957x1080) Image search: [Google]
cltJvUY.jpg
256 KB, 957x1080
>>82364323
What about Felicity? Any cameo? Crossover episode?
>>
>>82371467
kill yourself
>>
>>82367809
everytime wally shows up they make a reference to him being fast in some way so he'll get there
and he's already been redeemed
>>
>>82371212
Plus, the best part about the Rogues is that they (often) work together. Admittedly some of the guys listed here tend to be loners in the comics, but there's no reason the show has to do it that way.
>>
>>82370430
plunder was from a mirror reality. the mirror master found that the universe inside mirrors could access some alternate realities twisted versions of the normal universe. plunder was from one of these universes
>>
>>82365387
It's been that way forever. Like half the villains are Wally exclusive or originals.
>>
>>82367708
Abra Kadabra doesn't use magic, just future technology.

Aside from that weird, brief bit after Neron but we don't talk about that.
>>
File: 4332791-133.jpg (522 KB, 845x1280) Image search: [Google]
4332791-133.jpg
522 KB, 845x1280
>>82373879
Abra Kadabra gives us the greatest possibility for gimmick episodes, despite the no real magic.

C'Mon, everybody loves Puppet Flash
>>
>>82374195
And it wouldn't even be the first time the CW did a puppet episode (sort of. They were still WB then)
>>
>>82373879
He got real magic from Neron, although it's possible DC forgot about that later on.
>>
>>82375457
Shit sorry, I'm really tired and missed that you'd already said that.
>>
File: dream_916bf7a5e4.jpg (121 KB, 569x802) Image search: [Google]
dream_916bf7a5e4.jpg
121 KB, 569x802
>>82371467
God, I'm so hyped to see what happens when they pull off the mask

How hard would /co/ shit bricks if it was Bane?
>>
File: Zoom.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Zoom.png
1 MB, 1280x720
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0siZYKwGTgi
>>
>>82364323
>I have a friend who works on the show.
Does your dad also work for Nintendo? Sorry, I'll believe it when I see it but it does sound cool.
>>
>>82364323
no mirror master in this season/?!?!? fuuuuuuckkkk
>>
>>82371467
What am I looking at?
>>
>>82377505
Man, the Zoom hype was such an anti-climax. All those awesome theories meant jack shit because they were literally making it up as they went along. It didn't even make sense, either.
>>
I hate mystic characters where they don't fit, like Cicada and Morlun, Ezekiel
>>
>>82378820
>What am I looking at?
Man in the mask. And something or someone is behind him.
>>
>>82364323

I thought Grodd was considered for the big bad next season?
>>
>>82379027
>literally making it up as they went along

Fuck if true then that's some really shitty writing. I get 23 episodes a season isn't going to be easy to write for but surely deciding the identity and motivations of their main villain is literally the first thing you do.

Doesn’t help that he just turned out to be a cliched edgy serial killer in the end.
>>
>>82364323
>>82365078

>Cicada is being used by DC

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT. Well I guess I have to drop my villain Cicada, who's based on the actual scary-as-fuck bug that I see every summer.

NOPE. It's some random as fuck, contrived, convoluted bullshit that has nothing to do with the animal it's named off of. Typical Big Two shit. How many fucking names you can't use because they assigned to random one-off alien bad guy or something. How many fucking names have nothing to do with word they use as name.

Well fine, I guess he's being turned into Cicada-Man.

>>82379385

I like you, you get it.
>>
>>82371467
The man in the mask is zooms dad.
>>
>>82379475
It's not. People are just salty it didn't go the way they constructed in their heads. Teddy Sears has been playing Zoom since his first appearance on episode 2.
>>
>>82379614
That's neat.
>>
>>82367809
>"Jay" doesn't count
But Jay will.
>>
>>82368714
Power corrupts blah blah blah.
>>
>>82370567
Every time he changes places he says the next fraction of a syllable of whatever word he's trying to say
That's dedication
>>
>>82364957
>Magenta, and she's gonna have a psycho stalker with a crush vibe to her personality.
Cupid stupid
>>
>>82379437

I doubt he's going to be the big bad, but I'm sure we'll return to Gorilla city.
>>
>>82381528
Most heroes have one.
>>
>>82370343
Well he did give Wally that cool scar he could use to summon his uniform out of the speed force.
>>
don't really believe this but it fits with rumors about more speedsters showing up for next season cause of finale shit.
>>
Did they explain how Hunter Zolomon was able to kill his past self without his future self dying? Or was it his past self that killed his future self?

At any rate, they really done goofed when they started doing the earths/time travelling in a regular basis. Show's a fucking clusterfuck now.
>>
>>82385278

That's why I use to not like time travel at all, because it always gets convoluted, writers abuse it etc. But the idea of time travel still allures me and if done right it can work, but done right means being scarce about it.
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.