[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does this movie get such a bad rap? It's one of my favorite
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 189x267) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 189x267
Why does this movie get such a bad rap? It's one of my favorite superhero movies but most people seem to dislike it. What did you guys think?
>>
I also love Sam Raimi's Spider-Man
>>
>>84586932
OP here. Not me.
>>
not enough quips
too """"slow""""
>>
In all seriousness I really do think that this movie came out at the wrong time. It was dark yes, but I really enjoyed the story and the direction style. My only beef was the cgi, but again I can kind of overlook it because it was the product of the time.
>>
>>84587042
Yeah, the Hulk's face is a little on the goofy side.
>>
It was really good except for a few fumbles, I liked it a lot.
>>
Weird comic book panels, way too long. Hulk confronts his father (who is now Absorbing Man for some reason) felt tacked on.
>>
>>84586948
Oh fuck off DCshill
>>
>>84587107
'no'
>>
>>84586886
It's very much ANG LEE'S hulk movie.
>>
>>84587158
But is that a bad thing? Ang Lee's a good director and tried to do something different in the genre. I always thought that it was a bit unfair for people to give him grief for it.
>>
>>84587158
Crouching tiger hidden dragon
>>
>>84586886
i only saw it once in the theatres, here is what i remember. hulk jumping, hulk jumping, hulked out poodle, hulk yelling at a cloud as a last fight scene. i was only 13 at the time and bored out of my mind.
>>
In a thread yesterday someone said he's watched that movie 5 times, and 4 of those times was against his will.
>>
This was the only movie where I felt the damage Hulk did was real and had consequences. Most notably of this example is when Eric Bana has a fight with the guy trying to cuck him, on a small house. He gets mad and turns into the Hulk. That whole scene was great, the anger seemed real, he grew, the utter fear on the other guy's face. He felt like a tiny playdoh man, so squishy and vulnerable near this gigantic fucking monster.
When he fucks up tanks and helicopters, it feels like he is destroying shit and actually killing people.
On Age of Ultron we see an enraged Hulk destroy a whole city, but I didn't feel anything, I didn't for a second thought "he's killing people right now", because the whole movie is too campy for that.
>>
>>84587296
>watching a movie against your will
What.
>>
>>84587201
Oh yes it's not really a complaint more an observation. I personally liked it but a lot of people went expecting Hulk smash and when the got a slow considered beautifully shot art house film with occasional action scenes they were understandably disappointed.
>>
>>84587244
This. There's aren't very many parts in the movie where you can go "remember when Hulk did..." because every scene drags on for so long. I'm not saying it's a bad movie, it's just that it didn't have that big of a gap between "fast parts" and "slow parts" that action movies need
>>
>>84586886
The whole daddy issues plot line wasn't needed. It really belittles Bruce's character and makes the story suffer.
>>
It's perfectly alright to like things that aren't popular. They're called opinions.
>>
Hated it as a kid, can appreciate what they were going for now, still think it's just alright at best.
Hulk action was cool, daddy issues and hulk poodles weren't.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.