[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Iron Man needs to go full anti hero
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
First, it must be said that Iron Man has gone full villain before in "The Crossing". However, that story blew as did the subsequent teen Tony arc.

Second, Iron Man was poised to be an antagonist and emotional mess during the "Civil War" period and caps death. And CW2 also has him acting off his emotions and making poor choices, albeit nowhere near as perverse as cloning Thor or conscripting super villains. But, I think some kind of variant of the Exile's story with Iron Doom in the 616-8 would be the logical conclusion of what's constantly shaped but never defined.

Think "Emerald Dawn"/ "Zero Hour". We already know from the Civil Wars, and the Illuminati, that Stark has absolutely no issue with the ends justifying the means. So imagine in the aftermath of Civil War II that Tony finally says enough is enough and that he alone is the cure for all the world's problems.

I know this is dangerously close to the Maker's fall, but it would be way more important. And if done right, it could be way more brutal and novel since it is all by his volition, and not due to manipulation magic. And if you don't mind the Maker comparison (or hell just have Maker influence him when describing how fast he altered his worlds society/technology/economy. He just needs a great name or adjective, better then Infamous of Irredeemable.
>>
This won't happen as long as the movies are coming out
Maybe after Avengers 3.2 ends
>>
>>84584161
I used the Heroes Reborn armor as it is my favorite, and it's always had a more cold and villainous look IMO. Fucking love when it's drawn well. Loved those fucking duel Proton Cannons during the cross over (I think if was the Heralds of Galactus arc)
>>
>>84584161
>But, I think some kind of variant of the Exile's story with Iron Doom in the 616-8 would be the logical conclusion of what's constantly shaped but never defined.

You clearly haven't been keeping up.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/maleev-debuts-doctor-dooms-infamous-iron-man-armor-concept-art
>>
>>84584161
>ony finally says enough is enough and that he alone is the cure for all the world's problems.

They already did that. See pic related.
>>
>>84584553
Thats not Tony dude
>>
>>84584977
No shit. But its effectively the same thing.
>>
>>84584598
I mentioned this too. Like he was affected by a magic spell.

Both you and >>84584553 didn't read my post. I mentioned both points ahead of you. I referenced the Infamous title, as well as Tony going rogue due to magic (inversion), and I guess I should get ahead of the next shitpost and reiterate the Kang manipulation from "The Crossing" was mentioned also
>>
>>84585065
How is fucking Doom being a good guy the same thing as a rogue Tony Stark. It's literally polar opposites you moron
>>
>>84584598
I don't really care what the OP said, I just want to say that Ewing should have the Maker bring Superior Tony through from the Seventh Cosmos, like he did with Moridun from the Fifth.
Have him claim that regular Tony is an impostor and that he's the real one. It'd be a cool way to split the two Iron Man books.
>>
>>84585123
Are you dense? OP said he wanted "Iron Doom", he's getting Iron Doom.
>>
>>84585167
OP here. While I think /co has its head up its ass with Inverted Carnage, Superior Iron Man was fantastic. Wish the art team had better inking/coloring. the pencils weren't half bad. Just lacking.

But I want a genuine Fallen Tony Stark, magic or other reversible gimmicks. It would be Parallax done right.

I love the idea of a Maker, Evil Iron Man team up. Absolutely op as fuck.
>>
>>84585324
I am OP. AND IRON DOOM COMES FROM AN EXILES STORY YOU CASUAL AS FUCK FACE. INFAMOUS IRON MAN IS TOTALLY UNRELATED. dense? Learn to fucking read shit before jumping at the chance to shitpost
>>
>>84585402
>AND IRON DOOM COMES FROM AN EXILES STORY YOU CASUAL AS FUCK FACE.
Didn't realize alerting you as to just how out of the loop you are would rustle your jimmies so much.

>INFAMOUS IRON MAN IS TOTALLY UNRELATED.
It's literally what you asked for: a version that is similar to Iron Doom from the Exiles. This is similar.

>dense?
Yes.

>Learn to fucking read shit before jumping at the chance to shitpost
I read it just fine. Quit being so autistic.
>>
>>84585560
Yes, Doom as Iron man is totally the same as
>So imagine in the aftermath of Civil War II that Tony finally says enough is enough and that he alone is the cure for all the world's problems.

Seriously. Read OPs text better next time. It is pretty obvious that he used Iron man and Tony Stark in th OP interchangeably. Correct? No. Should a normal person get OPs intentions? Yes.
I think it is you who is autistic.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.