[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kevin is supposed to be a "punk rebel" or another "hip-hop
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: Dorks.jpg (96 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
Dorks.jpg
96 KB, 500x282
Kevin is supposed to be a "punk rebel" or another "hip-hop wigger"?
>>
File: CZTE25OWIAAtMI9.jpg (30 KB, 600x522) Image search: [Google]
CZTE25OWIAAtMI9.jpg
30 KB, 600x522
>>84581767
Neither?
>>
>>84581767
He's just a dick
>>
>>84581851
yeah but dicks like that are often part of some edgy working class/ under class musical subcultures.
>>
>>84581767
He's just a Chad, dude
>>
>>84581917
and what kind of musics Chads listen?
>>
>>84581965
Modern ones? Hip hop, some pop.
>>
Doesn't Ed Edd, n' Eddy take place in like the 1980's? they still use records, there's no internet/computers/cellphones, they have to wait for movies on TV, etc..

wiggers didn't exist yet.
>>
>>84583288
Wiggers existed in the 80's...you culturally ignorant dunce

Also, it took place in the late 90s/early 00s as you can tell by the fucking clothing

He was a punk rebel wigger metalhead take your fucking pic, they all dressed the same in those days
>>
File: image.png (322 KB, 387x387) Image search: [Google]
image.png
322 KB, 387x387
He was just "The Cool Kid".
>>
>>84583941
this is exactly what i was going to say
Thus, to be "cool" he acted like a jerk
Saying anything more specific like "punk" is complete over-analyzing

Now let this thread die
>>
>>84585001
But anon, we can talk about more stuff related to EEnE in this thread
>>
>>84583346
>it took place in the late 90s/early 00s as you can tell by the fucking clothing
No, the show is too old school for that, not my fault if you were born in 2001 and don't fucking know what the ambiance looked like on this yeats.

that's clearly take place on early 80's or late 70's.
>>84585001
He has still some kind of punk style.
>>
He's a kung fu hippy from gangsta city
>>
>>84585825
even if he has some "punk style" his dresscode is not very specific
I really don't see what's so punk with a caps turned backwards, a t-shirt and shorts

You've said "punk" seven times in this thread, but you haven't come up with any reasoning to it
He doesn't have a mowhawk, a chain, ripped pants, or anything else significant for punks

You've said "rebel" four times, and haven't come up with any instances where he talks about revolution, "stick it to the man" or anything similar to that

You even said "metalhead" even though there's literally nothing about him with that either

He was just a regular tryhard tough-guy, that's it!
If you think there's anything more, please provide evidence, if not, you're just projecting
>>
File: tumblr_m6wksd7IaE1qizzkoo1_500.jpg (86 KB, 500x439) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m6wksd7IaE1qizzkoo1_500.jpg
86 KB, 500x439
>>84585825
>No, the show is too old school for that, not my fault if you were born in 2001 and don't fucking know what the ambiance looked like on this yeats.
>that's clearly take place on early 80's or late 70's.

I was born in '88. The fashion in the show is fucking late 90s/early 00s

Baggy jeans, wallet chains, backwards caps, tank tops, (not)adidas beanies, collard shirts

You're a fucking idiot
>>
>>84586131
The clothes on the show have literally nothing to do with your pic.

that was more old fashioned than your 1998 californian shit, also there are no late 90's technology and even less early 2000's...

a typical show who take place on a late 90's/early 2000's atmosphere is Johnny Bravo, not Ed,Edd'n Eddy, this show have more similarities with Beavis & Butt-Head than some shit from early 2000's.
>>
>he gets to fuck Nazz
>>
>>84586280
>The clothes on the show have literally nothing to do with your pic.

The clothes in the show were pure late 90s fodder, not 80s or even early 90s. The kids in the show wore oversized baggy clothes with beanies and chain wallets
>>
>>84586280
Dude...Eddie's brother may has well have been a missing member of Limp Bizkit. Absolutely nothing about the look of the characters gives you the idea that it was "retro"
>>
>>84581767
Neither, he was a kid who liked fixing bikes and hated the eds. shoving him into categories diminishes his character just like every other character ever shoved into a category.
>>
>The kids in the show wore oversized baggy clothes with beanies and chain wallets
baggies still existed on the 80's.
>>84586427
Eddy's brother's appareance is a very late invention of the worse era of this show.
>>
>>84581767
Neither
>>
>>84586541
>Eddy's brother's appareance is a very late invention of the worse era of this show.

It doesn't matter because it applies to ever other character in the show...I don't know if you're like 20 or something, or just don't live in the United States, but the show was clearly reflecting the fashion of it's day

People in the 80's didn't regularly wear baggy clothes, not even fucking rappers...even they still wore tight jeans
>>
Kevin did nothing wrong
>>
>>84586624
Really, the fact that Naz wore a wife-beater and t-shirt combo alone is enough to solidify its place in the 90s. No self-respecting girl, not even a tomboy would try to pull that look off in the 80s. Not to mention only one of the three Kankers bothered to tease her hair.
>>
>>84581965
In Kevin's case? Disco and jazz, just like all of the kids in this weird fucking neighborhood.
>>84583288
>>84583346
>>84585825
In the movie Eddy's brother has a trophy in his room from 2000, and Bro left home 8 years prior, when Eddy was 4. So the series has to take place in 2008 just a weird distorted version of it.
>>
What the fuck people mean here by "late 90's"? 1997? 1998? 1999? this is too fucking modern and doesn't correspond to the spirit of the show who is clearly more old school than that.

late 90's are the beginning of "britney spears shit high school with blonde bunches, eminem wannabe nigger, electronic r'n'b pop music and reality TV shit" you know what i mean.
>>
Question. Why was her name Nazz?
>>
>>84587432
No, anon, that was just you being a shit as a kid and focusing on the negative parts of pop culture. The whole point of EEnE was just to show kids being kids. The writers/storyboarders/artists drew on their own childhood experience yes, but to make up stories for kids. In the 90s. I don't know what fucking age you are, or when you saw EEnE, but when me and my siblings and friends watched that show, we all fucking realized the point was that they were meant to be kids like us, like every other cartoon at the time (Doug, Recess, Pepper Ann, Weekenders). And we would run around and play outside and make shit up and build things too. Despite whatever "KIDS TODAY" rhetoric you're going to spew, children did not stop being children on New Years Eve 1989. Shit, are ya'll arguing the show couldn't be in the 90s because no one had a cell phone? I didn't even fucking know anybody with a cell phone till 2003. We didn't get internet until a couple years before that. Invention of technology /=/ that technology immediately becoming ubiquitous, especially if you're a lower or lower-middle class kid like most of the cul de sac kids seemed to be.
>>
>>84587827
This is just bad faith, you perfectly know that "Recess" is more modern than Ed,Edd'n Eddy.
also the creator of the show was a boomer or at least from the X generation, so it literally make more sense to put that on the 80's, because it was mostly based on himself.
>>
>>84587432
>late 90's are the beginning of "britney spears shit high school with blonde bunches, eminem wannabe nigger, electronic r'n'b pop music and reality TV shit" you know what i mean.

Yeah
Every fashion in this shitty show mirrored that
You're autistic

You know nothing of pop culture or fashion, I dare you to show me a single fashion in this gay fucking show that didn't reflect 90s and early 00s pop culture
>>
>>84589749
that's more close to vanilla ice than garbage from early 2000's.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.