[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just started watching this show. When does it get good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 467x315) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 467x315
Spongebob getting a job as a frycook is cool and all and I'm excited to see how he develops and eventually gets his boat license. Not sure what Patrick's arc is but I hope he isn't just the dumb friend stereotype. Also can't wait for Squidwarp (?) to become a skilled clarinet player so he can quit the Krusty Krab.

But I'm not too interested in characters like Mr. Crab because he's so one note so far and I wish he could overcome his greedy tendencies already and become a nicer boss. And What's the deal with Sandy? Spongebob is so creepy toward her that I feel like hes gonna start stalking her every episode.

Some gags are funny but it's unclear where the characters are headed, the overarcing plot seems muddled at best and The character development is very slow so far, if not non existent for most characters.
>>
>>84579565
Shit bait or sarcastic there bub?
>>
Patrick's arc starts near the end of season 1. He sets out on a mission to find the man who murdered his father and exact his revenge.
>>
File: squidwarp.png (321 KB, 453x611) Image search: [Google]
squidwarp.png
321 KB, 453x611
>>
Just wait 'til you get to the superpowers arc, there's a betrayal the comes out of fucking nowhere.
>>
>>84579565
Just wait until Plankton gets introduced. That's when all the good backstory for Mr Krabs starts. Not gonna spoil anything, but there are some good action scenes towards the end of Spongebob's second arc involving all the ancient myths of Bikini Bottom.
>>
>>84579565

>But I'm not too interested in characters like Mr. Crab because he's so one note so far and I wish he could overcome his greedy tendencies already and become a nicer boss

How far are you into the show? This sounds like you are already into season 3, but the rest sounds like you are still watching season 1. You have to watch the show in the order it airs, as the writers intended it. Watching it in a linear order (that is, from the true sequence of events which would start with Ugh! and end with Squid on Strike) will ruin the entire narrative they are trying to create. Also note that this show is a slow burner, which is to say a lot of the buildup and plot is nuanced to the point where a naive viewer might think there is no real bigger "picture" at all.
>>
Wait until you meet King Neptune, sponge bob barely pulls through.
>>
File: 302.png (232 KB, 480x368) Image search: [Google]
302.png
232 KB, 480x368
>>84579565
>Spongebob stalking Sandy

kek. Sandy's NOT the one Spongebob will eventually stalk.
>>
>>84579565
Gary ends up half dying and it really fucks Spongebob up in the beginning of the 4th season, it's why everyone says the pre-movie seasons are the best, because after the movie they started using all these random formulas to see what catches people. From Gary being half dead, spogebob thinking about drying up the ocean, squidward's pointless 11-minute love for Mrs Puff, and the reveal that plankton is Mr Krab's son it all goes to shit.

Probably the only good episode after the first movie is one after the second movie (The Krabby Patty Burglar) where Sandy is convicted of stealing all the burgers in Bikini Bottom to make everyone starve or to go to the Chum Bucket after making an Alliance with Plankton so she could get his own good hot green meat.
>>
File: spongebob_by_jamieb91-d50xkj8.jpg (397 KB, 1600x2263) Image search: [Google]
spongebob_by_jamieb91-d50xkj8.jpg
397 KB, 1600x2263
>>84579565
>imagine if spongebob had arcs

desu i already think its world building is leagues ahead of adventure time and steven universe mostly because it's more subtle and less in your face about it.
>>
>>84581382
>lars is about to get a whole episode
>>
File: 1435772869439.jpg (172 KB, 1280x989) Image search: [Google]
1435772869439.jpg
172 KB, 1280x989
>>84582188
>lars is about to get a whole episode
>>
File: DEEPEST LORE.jpg (294 KB, 820x468) Image search: [Google]
DEEPEST LORE.jpg
294 KB, 820x468
Who /hype for season 10/ here?
It seems like they're foreshadowing the return of the Hydrodynamic Spatula With Port and Starboard Attachments (and a Turbo Drive).
After 6 season of filler things are finally looking up.
>>
File: jaundice.jpg (92 KB, 426x507) Image search: [Google]
jaundice.jpg
92 KB, 426x507
>>84582340
Me. What'd you think of this week of new eps, mate? They were all really enjoyable. I'm surprised how much I laughed at them, and the callbacks to so many old episodes were really awesome.

Since we just got a godtier Plankton episode (Pineapple Invasion), I can't wait for another godtier Squidward one.
>>
>>84582421
I have been so out of the fucking loop withbspongebob. Tell me what episode I should start with and I'll be on it.
>>
>>84582470
Pineapple Invasion
Sold!
Lame and Fortune
Salsa Imbecilicus
Married to Money
Copybob Dittopants
Patrick! The Game

^
Some of my recent favorites
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.