[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Summer of Steven Spoilers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 10
File: bismuth.png (201 KB, 500x423) Image search: [Google]
bismuth.png
201 KB, 500x423
I don't think it's an exaggeration to say this characters looks legitimately like someone's shitty gemsona come to life.
>>
Sometimes I feel like /co/ doesn't understand the difference between "poorly designed character" and "I don't find this character sexually attractive."
>>
>>84576320
There's a single post in this thread, you don't need to refer to my OP as a "hivemind", especially if you're actually implying this design is somehow good.
>>
>>84576185
Why does Woolie get his Gemsona in the show?
>>
>>84576485
Voodoo magic
>>
>>84576185
Assuming it's real...Yeah it's pretty awful.
>>
File: Bismuthy.png (435 KB, 2216x1596) Image search: [Google]
Bismuthy.png
435 KB, 2216x1596
>>84576185
The problem with it, is that it's just too busy. Too many patterns, too many colors, with an outfit and gem that just have too much going on.

The hair alone just makes her look awful.
>>
>>84576807
>her
>>
>>84576185

I was pretty hype on bismuth from back when we saw the bubble in lion. This design is extremely disappointing.
>>
>>84576185
I think its pretty fair to assume that her design is extremely outdated by about 5300 years. I wouldnt be surprised if she changes her form very quickly to something more modern. I wonder whats with the apron though. Maybe a gem blacksmith?
>>
>>84577233
If she is one isn't it kinda dumb seeing how most gems are able to materialize their own weapons? Even a pearl (made to be more of a status symbol) has one
>>
>>84577286
Thats debatable. Peridot has shown no signs of having a weapon so far, and even Pearl herself used swords in the past for some reason or another. Metallic, phyiscal swords. Rose even had her sabre because she had a shield as her "weapon." Maybe not every gem gets their own weapon to work with. Hell, Jasper only has a helmet and probably wouldnt turn down using an axe or a sword. A lot of gems didnt, given all the left over weapons in the strawberry fields.
>>
>>84577338
To add: Lapis and Sapphire don't have weapons, just powers. The only Ruby with a weapon is Garnet's Ruby. Really, the only Gems we see with weapons are the Crystal Gems and Jasper, and Jasper was around during the time of war. It would make more sense that a blacksmith had to give Gems their weapons but that was outdated the same way it's outdated now, which is why Peridot was given limb enhancers. As for why they were not made in such a way she could summon them, I dunno.
>>
>>84576474
I think anon is saying that based on prior threads

He's wrong it's a shit design but there's plenty of evidence for /co/s hatred
>>
>>84577513
>They completely ignored any rule of chara design
Like?
>>
>>84577513
> They completely ignored any rule of chara design to draw that shit

Like what? It has a distinctive sillohuette, you understand what type of character it is from a glance (literally a tank) and its distinctive enough from the rest of the cast even with their color palette.

Just say she looks ugly as shit, anon. Don't try and cement your subjective opinion as objective fa-

>wife's son

Oh, you're just a memester. No wonder.
>>
>>84576320

This is both. The other gems aren't attractive in a conventional sense but the designs are put together well enough to still be appealing. This is just ass. The color scheme, the design, everything about it is just awful. It doesn't gel.
>>
Her worst feature is her fat Steven/Sadie/Sans potato head.
>>
>>84576185
What do you think Pink Diamond will look like anons?
>>
>>84577703
But Cal Farts taught me all heads need to be bean shaped!
>>
>>84577802
Very Funny Meme, HaHaHa

Upvoted.
>>
>>84577802
She's ridiculously cartoony among a series of character designs already tragically goofy compared to what the pilot presented.
>>
This issue was the fan theory build up that let to this reveal not meeting our expectations at all.
>>
>>84577836
Bismuth is more than meets the eye. She was bubbled for a reason, possibly unstable or even a double agent.
>>
>>84577861
She's the one who convinced Pearl to rape Garnet.
>>
>>84577861
Sure, put the black coded character in jail, and have her voiced by a black actress who played a character in jail

This character is racist as fuck
>>
File: 1466706505910.png (454 KB, 1278x719) Image search: [Google]
1466706505910.png
454 KB, 1278x719
>>84577821
But the pilot looked terrible.
>>
File: tumblr_nm4u1eUV8G1sxagvto1_1280.jpg (236 KB, 1187x669) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nm4u1eUV8G1sxagvto1_1280.jpg
236 KB, 1187x669
>>84577286
What's the point of Swords & Guns if humans have their fist?

Sometimes gems have shit luck with their personal weapon like forming a helmet or a bucket during a long range battle. Even fusions can be fucked if their components have shitty weapons or not compatible with each other. That's where blacksmiths like Bismuth come in. They can arm jaspers with offensive weapons like swords and bows for their next conquest and can also help arm a rebellion made of lower class gems who want to fight. Even gems gifted with a proper personal weapon wouldn't mind having something that doesn't poof when they're heavily damaged.

>>84577233
I was kinda hoping that a Kaiju sized fusion made up of multiple blacksmiths made pic related but it feels like Bismuth did it herself.
>>
File: lynn.jpg (141 KB, 650x772) Image search: [Google]
lynn.jpg
141 KB, 650x772
>Used to be excited to see new gems
>Lapis was perfect
>Peridot was cool though lost most of what made her animate interestingly with her limb enhancers gone
>Jasper was ok up until she summoned her really silly weapon
>Ruby and Saphire were mostly disappointing
>Yellow Diamond was laughably bad an so easy to fix by anyone with photoshop
>And now we got this
I've lost 99% of my interest in this show thanks to this.
>>
>>84577286
Rose and pearl have many weapons and armies that are seperate from the gem (rose's sword) but we don't know enough of the gem weapons to make a good hypothesis.
>>
>>84577861
She was in a Rose Quartz bubble inside a place that Rose had told no one about. Yet in the promo she's pals with Pearl and Garnet.

Something isn't right about Bismuth.
>>
File: 78UArbpB.jpg (39 KB, 1278x712) Image search: [Google]
78UArbpB.jpg
39 KB, 1278x712
>>84577886
See that's why I don't buy the "she's a double agent" type theories. There's too much going against that; specifically the context where she's found (in Lion's mane, a place full of shit Rose loved and wanted Steven to find) and that from the clip the other Gems seem genuinely happy to see her.

There's too little to go on for any theory (this included) but I have a feeling there's probably something wrong with her and Steven and his gross hybrid baby powers can cure her or something.

The smith theory going on also works, the crew aren't the kind to turn down a good pun either.
>>
>>84577919
Can you imagine if Darth Vader had undergone Peridot's character arc exactly

I die inside every time she opens her mouth now
>>
File: 1459880973250.png (775 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1459880973250.png
775 KB, 1920x1080
>>84577919
Compare Jasper's first appearance to the next episode she was in, character's can look vastly different depending on who is boarding an episode.

Yellow Diamond will probably look much different when we see her next, just like how she changed from the extended intro to when we actually saw her.
>>
>>84577945
I don't understand how anyone is disappointed in Peridot.

She was never a threat, she only represented Homeworld coming back which was the real threat.
>>
>>84577982
>Yellow Diamond will probably look much different when we see her next, just like how she changed from the extended intro to when we actually saw her.
And so much for the worse. The fact that people implemented, oversaw, and approved that change in her design made me lose some respect for the crew.
>>
>>84577945
>implying Peridot (a literal worker drone monkey) is on the same level as Darth Vader (right hand man to the Emperor himself)

Maximum Wew
>>
File: jasper.png (1 MB, 1029x1175) Image search: [Google]
jasper.png
1 MB, 1029x1175
>>84577982
She looked the same, just with that green tint and with the cape on.
>>
>>84578024
Nope, her arms were more rounded and she had less hair.
>>
>>84576185
Hey look, is the conspiracy guy. How the hell he turned into a lesbian rock?
>>
>>84578024
This show would benefit so much from having the Koreans use model sheets I don't know why Sugar is so against it.
>>
File: 1463711753554.png (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1463711753554.png
3 MB, 1280x720
>>84576185
It's the dumb fucking band around her face. Every other gem has hair but she looks like she's wearing one of those rasta party hats.

Also she looks so shitty compared to her silhouette, she looks like she has actual hair here, also how do you look greyish brown when you're fucking blue? Why is her hair a fucking rainbow instead of subdued colours.
>>
>>84578131
What if the Bismuth that punched Lapis was a different one?
>>
>>84578143
That would be a stupid mislead.

>Reveal very clearly Bismuth punching Lapis
>Shortly afterwards, Bismuth gets unbubbled
>It's not the same Bismuth

From a narrative standpoint that makes no sense. They're clearly leading up to "some shit" going down when the two meet.
>>
>>84578131
Yeah, I like how her hair looks longer here, and the color of her skin. It just looks better.
>>
>>84578100
Gotta be "unique" for the tumblr crowd.
>>
>>84578212
>Storyboard driven visuals are because of Tumblr
I know it's bait but at least fucking try. Call Sucrose a hack or some shit instead of just defaulting to Tumblr as a buzzword.
>>
>>84576185
she looks like shit because gems usually have 1 dominating color, while she has 3
>>
>>84576185
Bismuth's VA is a guest star so she won't be around for long. Also, that design has to be hard to animate with all the colors as well as her hollow chest.
>>
>>84578369
She's no harder to animate than any of the other Gems, its just a matter of making sure the colors are filled in property. That's why model sheets exist.

We also don't know if the VA is a guest star; if I didn't know any better, I would have said Estelle is a guest star too.
>>
>>84578002
Yeah and I like both her first and most recent appearances. I guess to some it's more bothersome or noticable because of her being a bit overexposed lately. But I'm sure they will soon have story arcs for Lapis and Amethyst etc. too
>>
>>84578002
>She was never a threat, she only represented Homeworld coming back which was the real threat.
Problem is we STILL have no feeling of that threat. Peridot got redeemed and turned into a meme machine, the crew refuses to let Jasper have an arc that doesn't involve disappearing for an entire season, The Cluster (Homeworld' secret brewing weapon) got redeemed onto the CG's side, and the Rubies were so dumb even Pearl made a comment how she didn't think they were a threat at all.

Yellow Diamond ends up looking like a weirdly, incompetent big bad boss as a result of all these blunders and set backs.
>>
>>84578422
The article said she was a guest star. That's the kinda wording they use for fusions. You know, those characters that show up once and then if they ever need them again, conveniently never speak?
>>
File: Another pearl episode.png (94 KB, 376x338) Image search: [Google]
Another pearl episode.png
94 KB, 376x338
>>84578422
>We also don't know if the VA is a guest star; if I didn't know any better, I would have said Estelle is a guest star too.

Based on Garnet's appearances and lines I would say she's a long-term guest star.
>>
>>84578599
>Peridot got redeemed and turned into a meme machine

Peridot was always a meme machine. She was never threatening, there was the one time she squished one of her ball robots but ever since the show made it clear she was nothing more than some techie baby in over her head on a routine mission.

> the crew refuses to let Jasper have an arc that doesn't involve disappearing for an entire season

That's what Lapis fans felt like and she eventually came back and that arc is being explored. Just wait it out, the Rubies showing up made it clear she's not just being ignored.

>The Cluster (Homeworld' secret brewing weapon) got redeemed onto the CG's side

No it's not, it was never on Homeworld's side to begin with. It was going to reform and destroy the Earth as a mindless weapon, thats what YD was counting on. But instead it got bubbled and talked to to give it some time and maybe recombine back into whole gems if possible. It's on no one's side, its a force of nature.

>and the Rubies were so dumb even Pearl made a comment how she didn't think they were a threat at all.

Of course they weren't, it was a silly baseball episode. But the fact that they were looking for Jasper specifically is alarming and at some point (and soon going by the titles) YD will take note of them not recovering Jasper as well as the Earth not being split into pieces.
>>
>>84578715
Literally none of what you said aids to the idea of "Homeworld be threatening". If Peridot's presence was suppose to represent Homeworld coming back, "the real threat", why has it felt like it's fine if the gang just relaxes and eats donuts for awhile instead of of preparing for them. Hell now that the Cluster arc is over, they've still yet to ask her or Lapis how advanced is Homeworld any whether or not the Gems should start prepping themselves for what kind of threat.

No one asks basic questions in this show. They just let shit happen and it takes half a season for something of mild interest to happen.
>>
>>84578782
Because the show doesn't seem to be going for a feeling of an immediate (not imminent, immediate) threat and are probably going to want to explore what you're asking about just based on what they've been doing with the previous bomb.

Also I just felt like being a nitpicky piece of shit on the last post, sorry.
>>
>>84576320
>characters can only be judged on their sex appeal, it's the only possible metric hurrr

I don't find any of the characters attractive in any way and still feel that Bismuth is a subpar design
>>
>>84578024

Look at her jaw. Look at her shoulders.
>>
>>84578131

You reckon maybe Lapis remembers her a little subjectively?

>>84579129
>I don't find any of the characters attractive in any way

Asexuals need not apply.
>>
>>84579158

The shape of the jaw is different just due to perspective. She seems to have 'more' jaw in the second one because you're seeing the under-side of it whereas you weren't in the first. The shoulders are completely obscured in the second pic by a huge poofy cloak so I don't even know what you expect us to comment on.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.