[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SHADE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 1986x3071) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 1986x3071
Is this actually that good?
I've been reading a lot of Vertigo and I don't want more samey shit, but I hear good things.
>>
>>84573286
How many times are you going to make the same fucking thread?
>>
>>84573320
nigger
>>
File: blue lantern.png (766 KB, 529x768) Image search: [Google]
blue lantern.png
766 KB, 529x768
>>84573286
It's pretty good. If you want variety though, read Dark Horse or Image.
>>
>>84573320
It's a paid promotion for the new Young Animal title. So a lot I bet.
>>
>>84573494
>paranoia
>>
>>84573534
Half the threads on /co/ right now are advertisements. The rest are kinda shit or about bad cartoons. It's obvious and sad.
>>
>>84573589
When did /co/ get like this?
Even a year or two ago there was much more actual discussion.
The whole site is in the gutter seems like.
>>
>>84573619
Shortly after the first Avengers movie.
>>
>>84573692
No dude it started going down hill a few years before that
>>
>>84573286
> Is this actually that good?

It's the best of the bunch of all the pre Vertigo stuff, next to Swamp Thing

For Milligan I think Enigma is better
>>
>>84573286
>spider man
>doctor strange
>the question
>squirell girl
>this
ditko has a weird tendency to have his characters completly reinterpretated for the better
>>
>>84575610
Is Ditko's Shade good?
>>
>>84575610
>for the better
Nah no one has topped the original Doctor Strange and I'd say best Spider-Man is a toss up between Lee/Ditko. Lee/Romita Sr, and Roger Stern's run with JRJR and otehrs

I really wish he did more with The Question, the little he did is fantastic
>>
>>84576753
His Shade is really good
>>
>>84576828
Is it collected in a TPB?
Also- are the TPBs for Milligan's Shade recolored or anything stupid like that?
>>
>>84576866
As far as I know it's only available in the Steve Ditko omnibus vol 1 that DC put out. They're made just like the Kirby ones using something closer to newsprint so the colors are restored, but still dulled

Milligan's only has 2 or 3 trades out. I'd wait because there's a good chance they'll try and collect it again with those new 12 issue trades Vertigo has been doing.
>>
>>84573286
It is but if you've been reading a lot of Vertigo, I'd save it for later.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.