[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When does this series pick up?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: scalped.jpg (108 KB, 250x375) Image search: [Google]
scalped.jpg
108 KB, 250x375
Finished the first book and found it to be okay, but my question is when will it become exciting? With all of this praise, I feel like it's just a run of the mill undercover cop story, but more on the sub-par side than anything else.
>>
Someone pls answer
>>
>Jason Aaron
>exciting
kek
>>
>>84573019
Is his writing no good or what?
>>
>>84573404
Nah his creator owner stuff is great, but most people on /co/ only now him for his Thor run.
>>
>>84574450
I thought Southern Bastards went downhill after the first story arc
>>
>>84574470
I thought it picked up after the first arc personally. Coach Boss is a great character.
>>
>>84574470

I feel like the maybe 10 issues of Southern Bastards are just set up for what the series will become, because it just seemed to tell you about the coach and give motivation for Roberta to fuck shit up.

As for Scalped, I agree the first arc really didn't do much for me. I think I bought it years ago and kinda forgot about it. But when they started putting out these deluxe editions that collected 12+ issues per, it kinda hooked me. So somewhere around issue 20 really (which sounds bad for comics, but you gotta think of it in like TV terms as well. Season 1 of Breaking Bad was mediocre, but Season 2 on is great, that kind of thing)
>>
>>84574576
Not as good as Lincoln Red Crow. I was rooting for him at the end, where as i just can't wait to see Boss getting fucked up.
>>84572535
It will pick up. although if you're buying 'em,.i can't really say since i'm hooked from the start.
>>
I can't remember when Scalped hooked me but I want to say it was maybe 10-12 issues in? I started reading it on a Friday and got so interested that I binged through it over the weekend
>>
>>84574576
His backstory killed all the interest I had

The previous football coach that just sets out to ruin his future for no real reason reminded me I was reading a comic by Aaron
>>
>>84572535
>The previous football coach that just sets out to ruin his future for no real reason reminded me I was reading a comic by Aaron
His coach didn't ruin his future, his dad did.
>>
>>84574816
>>84574726
Meant to qoute
>>
>>84574726
It's well established that everyone hated Boss because his dad's the worst degenerate in that county. I hate him because he attacked the other county' s footballer outside the match when he refused it when his goon suggested that to him.
>>
>>84574816
No the coach tells him " I told all the college recruiters not to bother with you." Then pretty much laughs in his face

He makes it on the team, tries his best and in the end the cartoon villain just goes "Too bad, fuck you"
>>
I think I quit Southern Bastards after the second arc, whatever the Coach's back story one was.

The mysterious blind magical negro mentor's melodramatic suicide was the most unintentionally hilarious shit I've read in a long while.
>>
>>84574934
>The mysterious blind magical negro mentor's melodramatic suicide was the most unintentionally hilarious shit I've read in a long while.

Oh man I had forgotten about that
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.