[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
These movies were a lot better than they had any riht to be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: p175618_p_v8_ad.jpg (356 KB, 960x1440) Image search: [Google]
p175618_p_v8_ad.jpg
356 KB, 960x1440
These movies were a lot better than they had any riht to be
>>
it's a solid trilogy, but to be honest, nothing groundbreaking about it.
>>
>>84572579
>something needs to be groundbreaking to be good
List some groundbreaking animated movies and I'll destroy them.
>>
>>84572625
Toy Story
>>
>>84572625
Transformers
>>
>>84572653
>a thing that is not human is now humanized
>method of animation somehow makes the story groundbreaking

>>84572705
You got to be shitting me.
>>
Just watched the 3rd movie today. It was great, not as good as 2 but better than 1.
Animation-wise, I think this one might be the best thus far. Absolutely stunning.
Are they going to make more? I can't see how they're going to develop Po any more than he already is...he reached enlightenment, found inner peace, and became the ultimate master. Maybe the next movie/movies can focus on the rest of the 5?
>>
>>84572733
>>method of animation somehow makes the story groundbreaking
You didn't say the story had to be groundbreaking. Also:
>>84572579
>it's a solid trilogy
>>84572625
>something needs to be groundbreaking to be good

Last I checked, solid=enjoyable or at least watchable.

You're up in arms over a movie about animals doing kung-fu.
>>
>>84572846
>You're up in arms over a movie about animals doing kung-fu.
I am not, you are projecting.

I am just tired of the "not groundbreaking = meh" bullshit.
>>
Why didn't the movies have the right to be good?
>>
>>84575566
Jack Black
>>
I swore James Hong was dead. I Mourned for him. Cried for him. He is not dead. Years.
>>
First was good
Third was kinda bad

Kung Fu Panda 2 was a goddamn masterpiece
>>
File: ShifuTaiLung.jpg (147 KB, 1920x810) Image search: [Google]
ShifuTaiLung.jpg
147 KB, 1920x810
Something I would actually like to see is more of Tai Lung. I know that he is technically dead as the Wuxi Finger Hold sends you to the spirit realm, but I'm sure that a story can be made to bring characters back.

Many film series have tendencies to kill off an antagonist in the story that they debut in. Not letting them truly etch a name for themselves. Tai felt like the perfect nemesis for Po as he believed himself to be the Dragon Warrior, but let pride and vanity control his life. I would also like to know why Tai Long was left as an infant in front of the palace gates?
>>
>>84572579
The graphic. Aspecialy the use of basic hues for backgrounds
>>
>>84579715
pretty sure Kai had Tai Lung as a medallion
>>
>>84577049
Yep. End the thread here.
>>
File: 1450035124992.gif (2 MB, 421x338) Image search: [Google]
1450035124992.gif
2 MB, 421x338
>>84579715
>disneyscreencaps.com
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.