[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I haven't been up to date on Marvel since the end of Secret
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: tumblr_lwqlzllv0o1qzq4mdo1_500.png (400 KB, 500x520) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lwqlzllv0o1qzq4mdo1_500.png
400 KB, 500x520
I haven't been up to date on Marvel since the end of Secret Wars. Can anyone tell me the best titles since then, and what to read to get back up to date?
>>
Totally Awesome Hulk
Old Man Logan
Uncanny Avengers

Most other ongoings are awful.
>>
>>84571343
>Vision (must-read, best out of ANAD)
>Ultimates
>Moon Knight
>Totally Awesome Hulk
>New Avengers
>Contest of Champions
>Carnage
>Karnak
>Uncanny Avengers
>Squadron Supreme (+ Nighthawk and Hyperion spin-offs)
>Captain America: Sam Wilson/Stand-off/Steve Rogers
>Old Man Logan
>Spider-man/Deadpool

Plus any books you were reading before Secret Wars that just continued I guess. Ms. Marvel and Ant-man are still good, but probably not worth getting into if you weren't already reading them pre-SW.
>>
>>84571464
Oh wait, how could I forget the best book after Vision:
>Gwenpool

The current Captain Marvel run is also decent. It at least washes the bad taste away from KSD's run and is worth reading if only for that.
>>
>>84571499
>The current Captain Marvel run is also decent. It at least washes the bad taste away from KSD's run and is worth reading if only for that.

Yeah, it's a shame they're relaunching with a new creative team and going back to KSD-style.
>>
>>84571464
>>84571367

Great lists so far. Planning on picking this up tonight or tomorrow. Will it keep me up to date with the larger scope of things? Like, I heard Zemo came back in some kind of prison, but I don't know the name of the book.
>>
>>84571735
I won't tell you the name of the book for spoiler reasons, but I will say that that list has you covered.

New Avengers, Ultimates, Uncanny Avengers, Squadron Supreme, and Captain America will keep you mostly up to date on things. The "flagship" books you're missing would be:
>All-new All-Different Avengers
The main Avengers book, unfortunately also the worst of the three.
>Extraordinary X-men
Main X-book, but not very good. Uncanny X-men is the better X-book but is held down by Land on art.
>Uncanny Inhumans
Main Inhumans books, like them or not, they're major parts of the universe now. I preferred All-new Inhumans but it got cancelled since UI is the main book
>Invincible Iron Man
Bendis :^)
>Deadpool
Major character in the universe now, and a bunch of books are spinning out of it soon.

Deadpool, Uncanny Inhumans and ANAD Avengers are the best of those. X-men extremely mediocre and Iron Man is typical Bendis.

This summer's big event comic is Civil War II and it's just as awful as you can imagine a comic called Civil War II would be.
>>
>>84571870

I was worried people wouldn't even reply to this list... /co/ is still love. Many thanks.
>>
How's Squadron Supreme?
>>
>>84572089
Good you should read it
Same with Hyperion and nighthawk
>>
>>84571870
Oh, and Amazing Spider-man, because duh, Spider-man. Still standard Slott though.
>>
>>84571464
Is the new Doctor Strange any good?
>>
>>84572813
That depends on if you've ever read a Dr. Strange comic before. If its your first one, then you'll probably like it. If your well read in the fields of Ditko and Englehart, then you'll probably hate it. It's a good comics, but the way Aaron writes Stephen feels completely off and his approach to magic is questionable. I had to drop it after a couple issues because Aaron's way of writing Stephen was too grating for me, but I know some people who love the book so maybe it'll be up your alley.
>>
>>84571343
wat
>>
>>84571464
>>84571499

Wow, someone actually compiled a list of the decent Marvel books instead of just jumping on the LOL MARVELS AWFUL meme. I'm sometimes legitimately impressed with your ability to not be completely terrible, /co/.
>>
>>84571464
your taste sucks
>>
File: 177.jpg (80 KB, 600x550) Image search: [Google]
177.jpg
80 KB, 600x550
>>84571517
>it's a shame they're relaunching with a new creative team and going back to KSD-style.

While they are getting a new creative team, the team specifically stated they'd be following the formula set by Butters/Gage
>>
File: 1457732915693.png (20 KB, 539x465) Image search: [Google]
1457732915693.png
20 KB, 539x465
>>84571343

You gotta read that Ultimates

There's some other cool stuff depending on your tastes, and a lot of it's good

but FUCK ALL THAT SHIT DUDE

you gotta read that Ultimates. Priority numero uno
>>
>>84577249
I feel like I remember someone telling me this verbatim like 13 years ago. Even with the same expression and hand gestures that Strange is using in that picture.

How surreal.
>>
File: 1463542160707.gif (400 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1463542160707.gif
400 KB, 320x180
>>84577396
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.