[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
3 issues in and I still don't what was the point of killing him
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7
File: ClIDZmPWYAAJGCm.jpg (137 KB, 1199x673) Image search: [Google]
ClIDZmPWYAAJGCm.jpg
137 KB, 1199x673
3 issues in and I still don't what was the point of killing him
>>
MONEY
M
O
N
E
Y
>>
>>84571067
Sales.
>>
I really like the idea that Bendis thought that he was gonna die in the movie so he pushed that idea.
>>
>>84571067
Bendis didn't know he survived the movie.
>>
>>84571067
So Tony can bitch
>>
>>84571067
To get Carol and Tony to hate each other
Because he only exists as a supporting character to them
>>
#Blacklivesmatter
>>
So Miles could date her with no competition.
>>
>>84571067

So Bendis can get more of is black OC's into marvel
>>
So a white woman can angst about it
>>
Because Marvel didn't think they should have two black Iron Man legacy characters walking around at once
>>
>>84571158
>>84571164
Its sad but this might very well be the case. For all the love diversity people give Bendis did he ever have more than one black person on the Avengers or X-men?
>>
this whole event proves how badly Bendis wants to be cucked
>>
>>84571104
Its true though. He admitted it i. An interview
>>
I like Carol doesn't really seem to care or bring it up that much despite having dated him at the time. Shows how stupid the relationship was in the first place.
>>
>>84571214
New Avengers had Luke. Then Mighty Avengers had none. Avengers had Black Panther and Storm both on it but that happened like a couple issues before AvX started so it barely lasted an arc.
>>
Bendis thought Rhodey was going to die in the Civil War movie, and he needed a shitty reason for both Carol and Tony to be upset.
>>
>>84571067

It's fucking stupid how they'll kill their original minority characters yet constantly push the dogshit legacy characters like Miles as supposed "diversity".
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 274x184) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 274x184
To help raise steaks. Rhodey was Tony's best friend and Carol was Rhodey's lover. It was the only death which made sense.
>>
>>84571395
but what stakes did it actually raise that bendis felt the need to also kill Banner?
>>
>>84571214
On the X-men he created a black character, a hispanic character, an Asian character and a gay character all on the same team.

To the Avengers he added Echo, a deaf Native American woman, the Thing who is Jewish, and Daredevil who is blind
>>
Bendis is killing off the characters he doesn't care about.
>>Rhodey
Look at how he's treated in the Iron Man book. Bendis thinks he's a joke
>>She-Hulk
Bendis thinks she's lame since Dissasembled
>>Banner
Bendis hates big stupid brute characters. See Venom
>>Hawkeye pulled the trigger
Duh.
>>
>>84571431
exactly one of each. Its like he's ticking a box of something
>>
I guarantee you're spending more time thinking about this than Bendis did
>>
>>84571450
He used to hate Hawkeye but changed his tune after the movies and Fraction's run

Ronin was him trying to make the character cool
>>
The thing that gets me about this event is that it's about status quo shakeups first, story non-existent. This hasn't felt like a Civil War at all, and we're 5 issues in (counting FCBD and 0) This feels like another Bendis story instead of an event. It's astonishing.
>>
File: Civil War 2 #1.jpg (55 KB, 327x190) Image search: [Google]
Civil War 2 #1.jpg
55 KB, 327x190
>>84571067
>>
>>84571519
You shitting me? He still hates Hawkeye. He killed him in Ultimate End.
>>84571431
Thing is, look at what he did to Echo. He only uses temporary heroes til he gets the ones he wants.
>>
Watch Carol is going to die by the end of this
>>
>>84571298
OH SHIT I DIDN'T KNOW

This world is truly magical.
>>
>>84571519
I miss Ronin Clint
>>
>>84571421
Because this time it looked like Carol's side was wrong. The Avengers showing up almost triggered the event that Carol was trying to stop in the first place. It's a paradox.
>>
Here's a question: Was there any indication before the FCBD issue that Rhodey had BLACKED Carol?

Because I personally never saw anything of it. But I never read "Captain Marvel", so if it's in there then I wouldn't know.
>>
>>84571608
It's a thing to be progressive to have white women be in a relationship with rich black men to make them feel progressive.
>>
>>84571608
Yeah it started in Kelly Sue's Captain Marvel run
>>
>>84571608
>But I never read "Captain Marvel", so if it's in there then I wouldn't know.

KSD made it a thing there.
>>
File: thwip.png (979 KB, 1280x1185) Image search: [Google]
thwip.png
979 KB, 1280x1185
>>84571153
Wrong Spider-Person, but you're onto something
>>
>>84571067
Movie-comics synergy except not really
>>
>>84571637
No, I get that part and all.
I'm just saying, was there any indication before the FCBD issue that the two were anything more than acquaintances?

>>84571654
>>84571671
Oh, okay.

I was about to assume that it was just a thing they made up to make you feel bad when Rhodey bit it.
>>
File: 1467429554275.jpg (1 MB, 991x1522) Image search: [Google]
1467429554275.jpg
1 MB, 991x1522
>>84571672
wrong marvel and spider person
>>
>>84571298
Man, I just can't get over this.

>the company wants synergy
>but they don't tell their employees everything
>wires get crossed

Marvel isn't run any better than the shitshow grocery store down the street from your house, and it is hilarious.
>>
>>84571067
So that they can replace Tony with a black
>>
>>84571579
Lol, she's got a new book in the solicits.
Retard
>>
>>84571067
>tfw after decades of comics writers still don't know what to do with characters other than kill them
>>
>>84572114
>there are worse things than death
>>
>>84571067

If you're a terrible writer, killing off a character is a fast, cheap way of creating drama.
>>
File: rhodey.jpg (108 KB, 450x517) Image search: [Google]
rhodey.jpg
108 KB, 450x517
>>84572133
Holy shit
>>
>>84571067
They expected Tumblr to freak out and give the event publicity, but everyone dropped it instead.
>>
>>84571105

Rhodey's "death" was in the trailer, so everyone knew that he wouldn't die. Is Bendis that gullible?

Random question: How "Superman"-like is Carol? I remembering reading that Ms. Marvel was Marvel's answer to Superman.
>>
>>84571067
Bendis thought it would happen in the movie. I'm not joking, he came out and said this.
>>
>>84574228
She is and she isn't. I guess she has one of the highest power levels in terms of strength and flight, but I'm not sure how she compares to Hyperion, Sentry, Wonder Man, or Thor (who's supposed to be nigh Superman-level but rarely is actually depicted that way, kind of like Wonder Woman is).

The straight answer is that 90% of the time the writer doesn't care and she's just a flying brick, but in terms of canon she should be in the highest caliber of physical strength. I wouldn't say she's Marvel's "answer" to Superman though, maybe she could be considered the answer to Wonder Woman, and maybe NOW they're trying to push her as both their Wonder Woman and Superman.
>>
>>84574228
>I remembering reading that Ms. Marvel was Marvel's answer to Superman.
That's impossible, especially given Captain Marvel would have been said answer were that actually the case.

There have been several "answers" to Supes, but the only genuine one is Sentry even though he's not the first.
>>
>>84571955
> The movie guys aren't obligated to tell the comic guys anything
> The synergy is usually half assed anyways with the comic not taking things like the movie characterization (which tends to skew towards classic)
> No one asked Bendis to jump to conclusions
>>
>>84575833

It's pretty bullshit. The movies usually start the character at the beginning of his story and the comics have been going for 60 years. Why the fuck would the comics copy the movies.
>>
MONEY
O
V
I
E
>>
>Old man logan is there
>isn't the one to kill Banner
wasted potential
>>
>>84574228
She's more like hal Jordan
>>
>>84574803
>the only genuine one is Sentry even though he's not the first
No, the only genuine one is Hyperion, who actually does happen to be the first.
>>
File: 1456534675206.jpg (259 KB, 600x937) Image search: [Google]
1456534675206.jpg
259 KB, 600x937
>>84578301
Actually, if we want to get into the weeds here, Thor was the original answer to Superman.
They decided they needed to top a *super* man and the idea was "a god's better than any man" so then they look into mythologies, nix the overused Greek stuff, settle on Thor because he was perfect for it and then steal one color scheme...

And now, many decades later, DC is putting out a Superwoman comic to mimic The Mighty EstroThor's success.
My God/Goddess, WTF?
>>
>>84575991
Like a fox character will ever be useful in an event again
>>
>>84571067
To make room for Riri.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.