[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pax Americana
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: latest-4.jpg (478 KB, 900x1384) Image search: [Google]
latest-4.jpg
478 KB, 900x1384
With everyone hyping me up to read this,i have to say i'm disapointed. I dont get what's so good about it.
>>
It's more of a good puzzle than a good issue, though it is also a good issue.

The Just is my favorite from Multiversity though
>>
>>84570358
I thought all of multiversity was pretty great, though The Just and S.O.S were the only ones that really resonated with me. I guess i became exhausted by the end of it.
>>
>>84570475
>The Just and S.O.S
I thought those were two of the worst

it's a shame Darwyn Cooke turned down S.O.S. would've been a huge improvement over Sprouse
>>
>>84570675
>Darwyn Cooke
>S.O.S
This is actually pretty depressing
>>
>>84570776
> Grant Morrison wanted me to work on 'Multiversity,' so of course he offered me the story of the Golden Age heroes," continued Cooke. "I wrote him a very nice thank you, 'I'd love to work with you someday, but I'm not doing any more of that. I've already done it. If you were to come back at me with something like 'The Filth' or 'We3' or 'Seaguy,' then sure, I would love to dive in with you.' But I certainly don't want to be that guy. And I am that guy. Trying to break out of that mold can be difficult.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/wc15-darwyn-cooke-gets-honest-about-before-watchmen-turning-down-grant-morrison
>>
>>84570303
It's a better Watchmen than Watchman was.
>>
>>84570877
Morrison wanted the best man for the job, but Cooke didn't want to be typecast, completely understandable.
>>
>>84570995
Yeah, it's a shame they never got to work together
>>
>>84570944
This, it does everything better without being over bloated like Watchmen is
>>
>>84570944
>>84571044
It's just a story with the characters the cast of Watchmen were based off of. That's the whole connection
>>
>>84571134
They are also in a relatively Watchmen like scenario.
>>
>>84571156
At the start both are a murder mystery, that's it

Who killed the Comedian?
Why did Peacekeeper shoot the president?
>>
>>84571194
They're both also a deconstruction of comic characters and the pointless violence they always find themselves in
>>
It was a good issue, but not my favorite. For me, Thunderworld Adventures was the best issue of The Multiversity.

Pax Americana have a good narrative, I just get a good view for this when I read on a second time.
>>
>>84571044
so i guess dedicating time to flesh out the characters and the world building is "bloated" now.

im sorry but i cant really give that much of a shit about a "mystery" and a cast that i barely had a couple of pages to know. morrison is a good idea guy, not a good story teller
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.