[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which one? Baldry, right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 18
Which one?
Baldry, right?
>>
Bawldry > Pollock > who even gives a shit
>>
Of course Baldry
>>
File: whattabitch.jpg (54 KB, 335x607) Image search: [Google]
whattabitch.jpg
54 KB, 335x607
>>84568522
Why would anyone in their right mind ever choose anything from SatAM over AoStH?
>>
>>84569093
Autism.

I don't know why, but it's a magnet for them.
>>
>>84568522
THE DOCTOR ROBOTNIK WAS A CIS WHITE MALE OPPRESSING COLORED ANIMALS IN THEIR OWN WORLD
>>
>>84568522
Pingas of course
>>
>>84568522
The one with the bigger PINGAS.
>>
I'm so glad the SatAM meme is dead. Being back on Toonzone and stuff in the old days was insufferable.
>>
>>84568547
Baldry > Pollock > Bristow > Neal > Cummings > Chalk
>>
>>84569173
Not completly dead, there are still people who never watched both shows and are still implying Satam was the best Sonic animated thing just because Doug Walker and other e-celebs said that.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gri2I0SZwgQ

SnooPINGAS usual, are we?
>>
>>84569206
I agree, though I'm of the opinion that it's Baldry = Pollock at this point. Mike's REALLY gone above and beyond to make that character his own.
>>
>>84569093
SatAM had a better theme song.

>>84569209
>There are people who still take everything the Nostalgia Critic says to heart without realizing that he's just a character
That's probably why his newer videos are overfilled with skits so he can make that clearer. Doug Walker later made a commentary for that review saying he actually liked the show but I guess no one pays attention to that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7HZGZfSSek
>>
>Came in expecting everyone to dickride SatAM and shit all over AoStH.
>Is pleasantly surprised to see that isn't the case.
>>
>>84568522
I remember someone on the team for the Advetures of Sonic the Hedgehog decided Robotnik should be the world's sexiest fat man.

Also he was voiced by Captain Capacitor so it's auto-win.
>>
All this Baldry love. Thank god
>>
File: 170px-Oldrobotnik.jpg (8 KB, 170x173) Image search: [Google]
170px-Oldrobotnik.jpg
8 KB, 170x173
Baldry is, of course, infinitly more entertaining.

The original sega design works best with pollocks voice though. that would be the quintessential serious menacing actually dangerous robotnik. Theyre never going to pair pollock with the origin design though and it wouldnt even co anyway.
>>
Baldry Robotnik thread?
Sweet! His VA sang this using his Robotnik voice, there was a nice music video with footage from the show but they deleted it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_zz18hx4IU
>>
>>84573543
But they literally did that in Sonic Generations.
>>
File: Robotnik_and_Cluck.jpg (33 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Robotnik_and_Cluck.jpg
33 KB, 640x480
>>84573543
The most serious, menacing, actually dangerous Robotnik voice is Cummings, though. Followed by Bristow (He was the Adventures one, right?).

That said, Pollock IS a great fit for most Robotniks.
>>
>>84575501
he definitely did the ferocious dictator quite well
>>
>>84575501

Maybe thats what I meant. Cummings. whoever did season 1 robotnik.
>>
File: Coconuts010.jpg (99 KB, 720x576) Image search: [Google]
Coconuts010.jpg
99 KB, 720x576
>>84575870
SatAM was Cummings. AoSTH was Baldry. I don't know who did Underground because I never gave a shit about the show. All I know is it wasn't Cummings despite it using the same design.
>>
File: monkey see.png (286 KB, 919x700) Image search: [Google]
monkey see.png
286 KB, 919x700
>>84575952
Underground was actually Gary Chalk.
>>
>>84576167
I liked him as Primal, without a doubt. But from what I saw he just did not have the menacing screen presence of Cummings.
>>
File: 893895-grounder.png (121 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
893895-grounder.png
121 KB, 320x320
>>84576167
They turned Grounder into Robotnik? That's what I call a PRRRROMOTION

I wonder how many times this joke has already been made.
>>
Adventures of Sonic was awful...I'm sorry

This is coming from someone who loved it as a kid and never even SAW SATAM until I got older

Adventures is basically a really bad Looney Tunes minus all actual well put together and crafted humor, it's completely random bullshit being vomited at you...someone had a bad Looney Tunes rip off and slapped a popular video game likeness on it

SATAM wasn't an amazing show either, but it was much closer to the mark of what a Sonic show should be
>>
>>84571899
I thought AoStH was pretty entertaining back when it was YTPed to high heaven. Probably for the same reason I still crack up if I look at any Hotel Mario or Zelda CDi cutscenes.

I haven't watched any episodes since then though. But 2008 was a fun time.
>>
>>84569206
>>84569433
Pollock's been topping himself every game since 2010 at this point. They started actually giving him great material back with Colors and he's just been absolutely owning it since then.

The 4Kids crew was such a joke and made Shadow and 2006 even more laughably bad than they already were, but it was kinda worth it to have Pollock as Eggman now.
>>
>>84576815
>but it was much closer to the mark of what a Sonic show should be
What a nonsense thing to say. SatAM is NOTHING like Sonic should be. I don't know if you noticed, but there was NEVER a freedom fighter/ resistance theme in Sonic games. No sneaking in shadows, no sabotaging with demolition charges, no being forced deep into some woods for survival. It's just 1-3 heroes going around wrecking a bald man's robots and his hovercraft.

I'd say AoSTH is much closer to the games. Even WITH the Bugs Bunny routines crammed in.
>>
>>84577027
>SatAM is NOTHING like Sonic should be.

Sonic saving the world with friends from Robotnik

VS......no world threat, just Sonic and Robotnik replacing Bugs Bunny and Elmer Fudd, all played for comedy 100 percent

The games weren't grimdark but they were an adventure, a real one, you had to save the natural world as we know it from being roboticized.....SATAM missed the mark as well but not nearly as much in my opinion

Adventures should have been a fucking Bubsy cartoon, not Sonic
>>
>>84577102
You need to rewatch AoSTH. He may be played for humor, but he does attempt to take over the world and make everyone miserable. Robotnik WAS a threat. It was Scratch and Grounder's constant bumbling that prevented him from succeeding.

>you had to save the natural world as we know it from being roboticized
Again, bullshit. There is no "Roboticization." That was entirely an invention of SatAM. At most Robotnik crammed tiny animals inside machines.
>>
>>84569093
She's allegedly better now, but holy fuck, what were they thinking??
>>
>>84577201
They were thinking "how can we force drama and ignore the character's actions entirely before now?" Sally was the one to tell Sonic to fuck off when she had to concentrate on what was best for her people.
>>
>>84577027
SatAM's tone and priorities was all out of whack for what Sonic should be and it's no coincidence that the comic, which took massive cues from SatAM, eventually turned into this >>84569093

Then Potto came around, thank god.
>>
>>84569093
>>84569110
Big faggot got the big faggot grin on his face,
Through up the Samefag first leg of the thread baby,
His IQ is lower,
Shit brickses!
Failed trickses!
>>
File: 0archie_rotor_LOVES_guns.jpg (395 KB, 622x530) Image search: [Google]
0archie_rotor_LOVES_guns.jpg
395 KB, 622x530
>>84577314
Strangely enough, the earliest comics have more in common with AoSTH in terms of tone.
>>
>>84577391
>Rotor turned into pacifist and gun hater later on
>>
>>84577427
Biggest crock of shit ever. But I guess they do need an explanation for why nobody ever carries one. Their level of technology certainly didn't prohibit it.
>>
>>84577391
Yup. The early comics still borrow from SatAM (or maybe it's the other way around, I dunno which was in development first) for setting and plot but they're MUCH more similar to AoSTH in terms of tone .

The plots are more separated, there's not much continuity, it's much more "oh what's Robotnik's whacky scheme to find Knothole this week?", there's lots of puns and jokes, Sonic and co. regularly lean on the 4th wall.

It's great, honestly. The first couple years of the comic are just an amazingly fun read. Then I think around 25 it starts taking itself a little more seriously, which is still honestly pretty good, you've also got those great Tails and Knuckles sidestories and things just keep ramping up 'til you get to Endgame, which for a kids comic, was four months of a story that was as serious as a heart attack.
>>
>>84577481
From how it's been explained to me, the comics went into print before the show came on the air, but it was constructed FROM SatAM's synopsis and write-ups. So they got their designs for characters and whatnot, but maybe did some invention of their own.
>>
>>84577519
Makes sense. Sally looked COMPLETELY different at first, until she eventually matched up to SatAM.
>>
>>84577178
>At most Robotnik crammed tiny animals inside machines.
Yeah, he was using animals as robot slaves....I thought that's what "robiticization" or whatever was, but whatever

In any case, AOSTH was a (very bad) comedy show

I never laughed while playing the Sonic games, I thought it was a cartoonish but still legitimate story and adventure

This is what SATAM got right, everything else from the look of the world to the characters it focused on, all that yeah not how I would do it personally...but from the little I saw of it it seemed to actually be a show about an adventure....not some random comedy shit about a game that was never a comedy

The Sonic games may have been colorful and cartoony but there was a clear story going on through out them
>>
File: yes.png (309 KB, 672x475) Image search: [Google]
yes.png
309 KB, 672x475
>>
>>84577593
>I thought that's what "robiticization" or whatever was
Not really, no. In SatAM there was a basically magical process that transformed living matter into robots from which there was no cure. Not exactly the same as putting tiny animals on hamster wheels in place of batteries inside robots that you can just crack free like a walnut.

And AoSTH had a story. It played loose and fast, but it definitely had continuity and played Robotnik as dangerous on a few occasions.

I contend that "grimdark" is just as far away from "lighthearted adventure" as "wacky comedy half-hour" is, if not moreso. But it seems like we're just going to have to disagree.
>>
>>84577700
>I contend that "grimdark" is just as far away from "lighthearted adventure" as "wacky comedy half-hour" is, if not moreso. But it seems like we're just going to have to disagree.

I suppose. And while we're on the subject, I'm capable of seeing things for being adaptions too...neither SATAM or AOSTH were faithful to the games one hundred percent, but looking at both as adaptions or alternate universes I'll take the former over the latter

Hell, I'll even take the anime over AOSTH, which actually if it weren't so awful actually probably came closer to what I'd like to see personally as a fan, which is a nice combination of light hearted fun, action, and adventure.

I mean could you imagine Metal Sonic showing up in AOSTH? Sonic would probably give him an atomic wedgie, and since it's AOSTH it wouldn't even matter that robots don't wear underwear cause....really they clearly didn't give a crap
>>
File: AOSTH_Pseudo.png (385 KB, 380x508) Image search: [Google]
AOSTH_Pseudo.png
385 KB, 380x508
>>84578079
I have no idea what your issue with Sonic OVA is. It's pretty much the ideal Sonic cartoon. Only the "Princess Sara" thing was left-field about it.

>could you imagine Metal Sonic showing up in AOSTH?
He more or less did.
>>
>>84578118
>I have no idea what your issue with Sonic OVA is
Very simply, I don't like anime...or rather I'm extremely picky about it and don't like 90 percent of it

>He more or less did.
N...no, that is not at all the same. And if we are to consider that the AOSTH equivalent of Metal Sonic showing up I think you can see me issue with that
>>
>>84578380
>...
>N...no
fag
>>
File: Sonic doodle.jpg (86 KB, 531x800) Image search: [Google]
Sonic doodle.jpg
86 KB, 531x800
In my opinion, there's no cartoon or anime that fully captures the essence of Sonic.
My favorite is AOSTH but I just like that kind of Looney Tunes kind of animation and Robotnik's character (and voice actor) won me over, I still don't consider it a better representation of Sonic than the others tho.
>>
>>84578380
>Very simply, I don't like anime
That's a pretty biased default stance to have. It wasn't even all that "anime." It was still about cartoon animals fighting Robotnik.

>doesn't like anime
>doesn't like wacky Looney Toons antics
You are kind of all over the board, anon.
>>
>>84578695
>That's a pretty biased default stance to have. It wasn't even all that "anime."
It was to me...the humor in it is very...Japanese to say the least, very quirky and cute but not making much sense.

>>84578695
>You are kind of all over the board, anon.
I love Looney Toons, but Looney Tunes was quality...AOSTH was not. Comparing the two is like comparing...idk, Sonic 2 to Bubsy: Claws Encounters Of The Furred Kind
>>
>>84577328
All these flavors, and you choose to be salty
>>
>>84578753
I should also add that while I love Looney Tunes, that doesn't mean I want a Sonic show to be that.
>>
File: 1427416653175.png (361 KB, 563x591) Image search: [Google]
1427416653175.png
361 KB, 563x591
>>84578474
When your only options are Looney Toons, Guerilla Warfare & Friends, Schoolhouse Rock, and now Seinfeld, it's really no small wonder none of the shows really encapsulate a game about loop-de-loops and springboards.
>>
AOSTH Robotnik is the better dad
>>
File: sonicguy.jpg (136 KB, 765x1024) Image search: [Google]
sonicguy.jpg
136 KB, 765x1024
Eggman is the best Sonic character throughout every continuity. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>84578762
Oh, nice comeback, 2014.
>>
>>84568522
Bawldry > Pollock > Bristow > Cummings >
>>
>>84569093
So, i'm wondering, did the comics make a Pingas reference at any point? I know that they make meme references all the time, like the "Giant Enemy Crab" joke in Megadrive.
>>
File: pingas.jpg (40 KB, 321x323) Image search: [Google]
pingas.jpg
40 KB, 321x323
>>84579340
Only one I know of.
>>
File: 1453289080142.png (41 KB, 309x267) Image search: [Google]
1453289080142.png
41 KB, 309x267
>>
Time for some feels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVSgmUIlCz8
>>
>>84579458
A sad Robotnik song? Here, have a sexy Robotnik song to cheer up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzD1SS5IrPk
>>
>>84576863
I miss thechairman45
>>
>>84569093
When the Archie comic of Sonic started to become shit like that?
I never read that comic but I always hated that artstyle when i seen some covers and pages.
>>
>>84579340
>>84579374
That same issue also referenced this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bNCfEvQFUY
>>
File: latest[1].png (126 KB, 459x348) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
126 KB, 459x348
>>84577391
>that face
>>
>>84579381
Bart lebby
>>
So, think anything would have come from Geoffrey St. Naugus before this plotline was dropped?
>>
>>84578771
Those gray dots on the glasses look like his eyes.
>>
>>84569206
Where does "(Mute)" fit in?
>>
>>84584049
>He's in the Lara-Su Chronicles now
Poor guy
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.