[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why didn't they bring Vision and/or War Machine?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
Why didn't they bring Vision and/or War Machine?
>>
>>84568074
Vision is not exactly inconspicuous, he'd attract too much attention.

Nobody gives a shit about Rhodes.
>>
>>84568074
It seemed to be a stealth mission and I think what was supposed to be just or mainly recon with a side of training Wanda.

Neither Vision or War Machine are what I consider subtle. But it would have been good to have them waiting in reserve somewhere just in case.
>>
>>84568114
Yeah, but these guys are in full costume.

War Machine is pretty different cos he's so weaponised and political and stuff but Vision would have been really useful here.

Only suggestion is that they really didn't think they'd need him?
>>
File: 1462878127000.png (4 MB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
1462878127000.png
4 MB, 2000x1333
>>84568074

Because they didn't need the big guns. It was more of a stakeout/sting operation. If they were expecting to engage Rumlow in the middle of nowhere, they'd have probably then brought Rhodes and Vision. But that wasn't the case. Inspite of the uniforms, Cap and Falcon stick out less (slightly) and can hide easier. And Widow and Wanda were total incognito. At least as far as two attractive white women smack dab in the middle of niggerville can be anyway.
>>
>>84568139
With Wanda there, yeah they probably thought they didn't need Vision too. She's already OP as fuck.

They probably didn't expect Wanda to go nuclear though. Should've left her too.
>>
>>84568074
Crossbones is fallout from TWS. This was Steve's Winter Soldier team (so the reason he trusts them to be down for whatever and they work as a well oiled machine should be obvious) plus Wanda who Steve and Clint probably just want to feel involved in Avenging and able to make amends by going on missions instead of sitting at the compound.
>>
>>84568205
This is the first answer that actually makes some real sense. Cap never really trusted Handsome Vibranium Jarvis.
>>
>Crossbones

Why did he have to die, bros?
>>
>>84568362
Because he tried to set off a bomb in a densely populated area.

If you do that, you deserve to die painfully, which he apparently did.
>>
>>84568362
he was a marvel villain
>>
>>84568419
>Zemo confirmed for hero

Thunderbolts when?
>>
>>84568461
Probably never, since the theme is already taken by Suicide Squad, and even then, it would probably be without Zemo.
>>
>>84568362
>Why did he have to die, bros?

Because in the overall scheme of things, he wasn't really important anymore. Though I admit, it'd have been nice if he survived and they held him for a possible later appearance. Look on the bright side. At least they didn't kill Batroc in TWS. At least as far as we know.
>>
>>84568074
War Machine is still part of the army, and is probably too busy doing stuff for them and/or not comfortable crossing international boundaries for a paramilitary group; he mostly sticks with Iron Man anyway. My take away from most of Vision's scenes in the movie, particularly the ones with Wanda, is he has been mostly avoiding public appearances in favor of doing... something... at avengers headquarters. Meditating or soul-searching or something. He seemed very preoccupied over both his own identity, and being seen as an object of fear.
>>
>>84568506
I just want a silly pest villain to show up and get more and more upgrades only to get btfo every movie.

>>84568503
;_;7

>ywn experience prime live action Moonstone/Songbird bantz
It ain't fair, bros.
>>
>>84568461
>zemo confirmed for dead next movie
>>
File: War Machine.jpg (1 MB, 2158x1136) Image search: [Google]
War Machine.jpg
1 MB, 2158x1136
>>84568581
>War Machine is still part of the army

I thought Rhodes was Air-Force.
>>
>>84568617
Sorry, I'm always terrible at differentiating between military organizations. I tend to just use "army" as a catch-all for armed forces.
>>
File: WandaLagos.jpg (301 KB, 2000x3000) Image search: [Google]
WandaLagos.jpg
301 KB, 2000x3000
>>84568179
>They probably didn't expect Wanda to go nuclear though. Should've left her too.

Wanda did nothing wrong!
>>
>>84568983
STANDING
>>
>>84568074
Can someone, anyone tell me why Vision didn't blow up the Quinjet? This is my only complaint about the movie.
>>
>>84568124
Tony really could have given Rhodey a suit case armor or something so that he can go on undercover missions
And Rhodey did pretty well without his armor throughout most of Iron Man 3

And can't Vision alter his appearance a little? He made that cape out of nothing,
>>
>>84569718
In the MCU isn't War Machine maintained by the government?
>>
>>84569779
Sure but it's not like Tony doesn't give him upgrades from time to time, or new weaponry like that War Hammer or that sonic weapon
>>
>>84568074
>War Machine
"We need to keep civilians safe. Let's bring the robot man who is MADE OF GUNS"
>>
>>84568179
>>84568983

Actually, Cap's emotions about Bucky caused Wanda to get into trouble.

He hesitated leading to Rumlow detonating the bomb, forcing Wanda to act quickly.

This is one of the reasons Cap flips his shit over the house arrest.

Further, Wanda could have contained the explosion but her fear of her powers made her afraid to push further.
>>
>>84569650
Black Widow was there, and BP was on his way.
>>
>>84568362
>post yfw he resurrects in IW.
>>
>>84570771
Excellent analysis.

Man I wish more movies were as character driven as Civil War.
>>
>>84568074
For the same reason they are wearing normal clothes.
>>
>>84573770
>not giving Vision a clown costume
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.