[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Futurama
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: kind of looks shitty.png (864 KB, 2160x1315) Image search: [Google]
kind of looks shitty.png
864 KB, 2160x1315
Futurama episodes are edited? Like what the fuck?

I was just watching the old "fry versus the brains" episode from 15 years ago and zoidberg walked in and as an example of stupidity said "let's join the tea party". The tea party wasn't around in 2000, why the fuck do they edit episodes like this? To be "relevant"?
>>
>>84567619
Yeah dude. There are a couple episodes like that. Shit sucks.
>>
>>84567674
That's just disappointing and typical of the nuturama era
>>
I'm pretty sure that was supposed to reference the Boston Tea Party, the one from 1773.
>>
>>84567619
It's in the year 3000 you retard, thats the whole point of the show that he got frozen and woke up in the future
>>
i keep thinking that Nickelodeon edited some old
Fairy odd parents episodes to put Poof in them
>>
>>84567912
>>84568199

Dipshits. The original airing of that episode as well as the DVD release has Bender say "Hey, let's all join the reform party!"

Ever since Comedy Central got their hands on the show they started to change lines in reruns to make it seem more relevant.
>>
More annoying to me is how they trim down old episode for time. Amazon Women in the Mood and the first Brainspawn episode have pretty much all of the Zoidberg subplots cut out, and The Devil's Hands Are Idle Playthings has my favorite joke of the episode removed. There are more, these are just the ones that come to mind.
>>
>>84570156
What was the joke?
>>
>>84570362
>Leela: Ow, your hands are so cold!
>Robot Devil: And yet Hell is so hot! haha ...can I have my hands back?
>Fry: No!
>Robot Devil: You're not nice!

It was all in the delivery of it.
>>
It's not edited for content, but rather for time. Comedy Central wants to fit in more ads, so they cut a few seconds here and there and throw in another commercial or two.
>>
saw a streaming of that chapter and in the torrent he said reform party
>>
>>84570430
It was in the episode when I saw it last time, but I saw it on Canadian Cartoon Network. Guess it is just Comedy Central.
>>
>>84570579
Exactly, Comedy Central is a shit about this
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.