[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Millar has just confirmed that he is working on Superior 2 which
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: Superor_Large2.jpg (96 KB, 750x1113) Image search: [Google]
Superor_Large2.jpg
96 KB, 750x1113
Millar has just confirmed that he is working on Superior 2 which should be on shelves next year.
>>
It was a very good comic. Not sure if a sequel is the right move, though.
>>
>>84568654
it was a good comic right up until the monkey heil'd satan.
>>
>>84568739
Was the monkey supposed to be Mister Mxyzptlk?
>>
I liked Superior from what I remember. But at a certain point it gets long in the tooth and too fucking insane for me.
>>
>>84567552
Starlight prequel when
>>
>>84568962
That's something he was considering, I think that it's a possibility after Stalight: The Last Days of Planet Earth

>>84568780
Mixed with the Wizard Shazam
>>
>>84568992
>Stalight: The Last Days of Planet Earth
Wait he is making a straight up sequel?
>>
>>84569138
Yeah.
He says that he plans on exploring the mythos of the alien planet Duke went to and I guess by the title...the Kingfisher's race is coming to Earth for revenge.
>>
is Millar secretly having a great resurgence? I want him on Superman or Avengers again because he's been writing a lot of sweet stories without any edge detected
>>
>>84569198
I say that Huck and Chrononauts could be a start of a decline.
Up until Starlight he was in that great groove, but his last two debut series (Huck and Chrononauts) were just....nothing in a bottle.

Legacy is going well though so hope the slew of sequel minis next year go well.

Also, Millar has said he has the option of writing a Superman mini for next year, but he hasn't said if he accepted.
>>
>>84569228
I haven't read Huck but Chrononauts was like sugar in comic form and I loved it
>>
>>84569336
I hated it. It was just nothing but set-pieces, which is a pretty common criticism of Millar but this lacked the character core that even The Secret Service had.

It's made even worse when the initial concept HAD that but Millar took it out to make it more fluffy.
>>
>>84569228
I liked huck
>>
>>84569198
He said The Authority and Ultimates were the sort of thing he was looking for at that moment in his life. Now he's looking for something different. He's in a feel-good, optimistic phase.

But he's always liked Superman. Is his absolute favorite superhero of all time. The guy is fucking crazy for Supes. He even owns the stuffed cat Christopher Reeve saved in the first movie. Not fucking kidding. He loves Batman too, but he's in second place for him.
>>
>>84569228
Huck was a nice and comfy rebuttal to Man of Steel.

Chrononauts was just a lot of non-edge fun. It was like an 80s adventure movie.
>>
>>84569491
>>84569531
Huck just didn't have a sense of danger and urgency honestly.
Yeah, I like that he's an all around nice guy...but that's where the whole core of the story ends.
Even the climax just goes down to PUNCH HARDER and it has no wear or tear on him.

Chrononauts...I just didn't care. And they introduced a reason to care way too late.
The original concept about a man who was so far removed from life that he took to getting lost in the time stream as a way of finding himself...so much more engaging.
>>
>>84569508
kinda funny how Joe Kelly made a parody of the Authority as a critique to him whit Superman in Action Comics, when both are huge superman fanboys.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.