[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /co/ think of the Ninja Turtles Series from 2003-2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: [031501].png (1 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
[031501].png
1 MB, 1600x900
What does /co/ think of the Ninja Turtles Series from 2003-2010? I know it isn't too much to say since 4Kids mostly dubbed anime, but I think it's 4Kids' best show. There isn't any blood, but people still died and were injured.

Also: http://www.strawpoll.me/10770165
>>
Most people on /co/ either too young or too old for TMNT but having grown up on the old series I still follow it. The cartoon was decent enough.
>>
>>84564827
Whenever anybody talks about the 2003 series it's always done with praise and dismay that the series that followed it was so shit.
Casey was great in this series.
Also I'm pretty sure it has Usagi Yojimbo in a couple of episodes.
>>
>>84564827

I liked it. I was 13 when it started airing, but I loved the first few seasons. I kind of lost interest in cartoons in general after a while, but it was pretty good.

I never saw fast forward, but I understand it was shit.
>>
File: Usagi.gif (2 MB, 399x299) Image search: [Google]
Usagi.gif
2 MB, 399x299
>>84565262
Oh you mean Miyamoto Usagi? Yeah, he's one of my favorites.
>>
>>84565329
I wouldn't say it was shit, but it certainly decided to take a different direction with the show. The Journal is one of the best episodes in the whole series.
>>
>>84564827
Apirl/Donnie had chemistry even then..
>>
>>84565349
If I remeber right Donnie beats him by throwing a pie or something a thim.
>>
>>84565433
No it was Mikey fuck, my memory is bad.
>>
>>84565452
That's the 1987 cartoon.
>>
I loved it. TMNT was the first cartoon I obsessed over as a kid, and the 2k3 series started when I was 15 - just the right age to want a darker, more serious and action-packed reboot of my childhood favorite. It's a flawed show, but all of the TMNTs are to some extent. I didn't see much of Fast Forward or Back to the Sewers desu, but honestly I don't think they could've been the shark-jumps they're made out to be, if only because I saw season 5, "The Lost Season" that was skipped in America for some reason, and while I appreciate the effort to go out on a big apocalyptic battle royale, I honestly thought that giving the turtles shonen anime power-ups culminating in them turning into actual dragons and fighting alongside the spirit of Hamato Yoshi was a bit of a stretch. The whole "original Shredder" arc just felt like an attempt to placate fans who disliked Utrom Shredder, and generally the whole Ninja Tribunal mythos felt very cliche, like a video game plot. I realize TMNT is usually fairly derivative, but it didn't really add anything to the characters or their arcs that I recall, except giving Karai and the turtles a common enemy in the end. I mean, who remembers all those stock fighting game archetypes summoned by the Tribunal who existed only to suck and die?
>>
>>84564827
>2 to 1 for ninja BJs
Really? Karai would almost definitely know nothing about oral. Getting her to sit down and relax would be hard enough without worrying about her teeth.
>>
>>84564827
amazing first 3 seasons, weird ass 4th season but still good and then it goes downhill till the tv movie.
>>
>>84564827
it got me into reading the comics
>>
>>84567020
Look, anyone can say they got redhead from a redhead how many can say they've had a ninja down on them?
Once in a lifetime.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.