[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 17th July 2016 – Rebirth
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: Civil_War_II_3_Cover-600x910.jpg (122 KB, 600x910) Image search: [Google]
Civil_War_II_3_Cover-600x910.jpg
122 KB, 600x910
Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 17th July 2016 – Rebirth Takes On Civil War II
1. Civil War II #3
2. Nightwing Rebirth #1
3. Flash #2
4. Wonder Woman #2
5. Hal Jordan & the Green Lantern Rebirth #1
6. Detective Comics #936
7. Action Comics #959
8. New Super Man #1
9. Old Man Logan #8
10. Deadpool #15
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/07/17/bleeding-cool-bestseller-list-17th-july-2016-rebirth-takes-on-civil-war-ii/
>>
>>84562760
>2. Nightwing Rebirth #1
Wayne bros.
>>
Nightwing!!!!!
>>
>>84562760
Would Hal have done better if not written by Venditti still
>>
>New Super-Man made it into the list
I am surprised but also pleased.
>>
>>84562760
>Old Man Logan #8
Wow! Does something special happen in this one?
>>
>>84563559
Yup it's Wolverine. An alternative time displayed Wolverine, but Wolverine noneless, not some...clone of his.
>>
>>84562760
Aw, I would've loved for Nightwing to top the list. That's still great though. Strong issue. And I'm happy to see New Super Man on there, too.
>>
>>84563559
Not really. It's just there wasn't that much out last Wed:

http://www.grahamcrackers.com/releases/071316.htm

They probably didn't want too many comics get overshadowed by Civil War II.
>>
>ASM not in the top 10

Every time I see it do badly pleases me. Suck it Slott
>>
Stunned. We did not sell out of the new Civil War issue with the latest big “death”. Nightwing Rebirth 1 and the Flash 2 actually outsold it. Not nearly the numbers that the “death” of the Human Torch, Ultimate Spiderman, and more that were red hot sellers. Has everyone finally figured out that dead doesn’t mean much in comics?

Suicide Squad and Harley Quinn madness for back issues. The upcoming movie has people excited!

Half the books in the top ten this week passed the century mark and one was real close. People still coming in droves to pick up Rebirth, but Civil War II #3 crushed everything with one of the best “Death issues” i have read in a long time…which is probably due to Bendis not writing a comic involving teenagers.

Punisher on the up tick for back issues and obviously recent issues of Iron Man selling by the handful.

At last, Marvel had a title that outsold a Rebirth book in our store–but it was Marvel’s big event title, Civil War II #3, that managed to squeak by New Super Man #1 to take 7th place in our store’s sales this week (and it only beat the unproven New Super Man by two copies!). Marvel is spiraling towards irrelevance very quickly, and the mocking fan responses to what they saw in the Marvel NOW Preview seem to indicate that Marvel doesn’t have a clue as to what readers really want. I guess we can count on Marvel to churn out more match-to variants to try to prop up flagging sales…

A slight uptick in interest in Batman family titles–Robin, Nightwing, Batwoman, Batgirl–but otherwise a typical week for back issue sales.
>>
File: an octopus of a thing.jpg (86 KB, 573x273) Image search: [Google]
an octopus of a thing.jpg
86 KB, 573x273
>>84565120
Civil War II #3 took the top spot this week mainly because we held a midnight release party for it. DC won the majority of the top spots yet again this week (with last weeks rebirth titles outselling most of this week’s Marvel’s) and I do not see this changing anytime soon. Marvel’s plan for post Civil War is uninspiring and is actually confusing to customers (is Amazing Spider-Man and the X-Books cancelled… we don’t know). Which is the problem, DC partnered with the retailers and explained their game plan which as we can see is working where Marvel pretty much keeping us and the customers in the dark. I see dark days ahead for Marvel thankfully we have a stronger than ever DC, Image and Valiant to fill that void.

Even with Civil War II’s “major death”, Marvel couldn’t take the top spot. That went, suprisingly, to Nightwing Rebirth. Seems like there was a lot of pent up demand to see Dick Grayson back in his old Nightwing suit, and the customers who came in were VERY happy to see him back!

Civil War II did have a little more interest from our customers, but we didn’t have ANYONE come in off the street looking to snap it up for a collector’s item. Seems like not even the average joe cares about Marvel’s stunts anymore!

Indies saw Millarworld, Birthright, and Sabrina make the cut. I’m always surprised at how well Sabrina does, despite the insane delays on the book.

Lots of interest in the first two issues of Plutona thanks to the recent TV deal. Wonder if we’ll see any interest in the remaining issues…..

>these CWII reactions
>>
>>84565091
That's because ASM wasn't out last Wednesday. These are a weekly thing.
>>
>>84562812
probably not unless they put King or some other rising popular writer on it

they've been pushing GLs as the "main" book so I'm not surprised HJGLC might have done a little worse
>>
>>84565120
>At last, Marvel had a title that outsold a Rebirth book in our store–but it was Marvel’s big event title, Civil War II #3, that managed to squeak by New Super Man #1 to take 7th place in our store’s sales this week (and it only beat the unproven New Super Man by two copies!).

Marvel on suicide watch
>>
>>84565149
Didn't it have a civil war tie in mini series issue? I know it's not Slott, but still.
>>
>>84562760
>. Nightwing Rebirth #1
Dick and Damian fans are happy.
>>
File: 1468764713091.jpg (409 KB, 1386x2116) Image search: [Google]
1468764713091.jpg
409 KB, 1386x2116
>>
>>84562760
>Nightwing
my favorite son and dad Duo, Dick Grayson and Damian Wayne.
>>
>>84565120
>obviously recent issues of Iron Man selling by the handful.
S T O P
T
O
P
>>
Nice to see New Super-Man in the top ten, hoping that we can get at least 12 issues.

>>84565139
I'm happy to see that Dick is doing well but I wish people wouldn't dismiss Grayson for Nightwing.
>>
>>84566044
It has editorial behind it since it was Lee's idea so that will give it a little more than the usual book wherever it settles. I hope it is in that safe fringe Superbook range though (like 20-30k).
>>
>>84566091
What are some examples of a series being kept alive purely because of editorial support? I know Gotham Central is one.
>>
>>84566198
Whenever you see DC C-lister having book going on and on, you know it's because of DiDio.
>>
>>84566198
Manhunter, Jonah Hex/All Star Western, pre 52 Blue Beetle, Gotham Academy, Gotham Central...

If there's a book that sells ~15k or less and goes on for 18+ issues then that's how you know
The more issues the more support it has
>>
>>84565120
>“death” of the Human Torch

Remember that shit? Jeeesus, if we made a list of all the stupid gimmicks that Marvel has been trying fot the past 10 years
>>
>>84566198
Currently Doctor Fate. Levitz has been at DC forever and there's a rumor that they basically promised a book to him after he stepped down from being the company president.

Pretty much anything related to Giffen gets this treatment too.
>>
>>84566357
>Pretty much anything related to Giffen gets this treatment too.
yeah, JL3001 still happening even after JL3000 didn't sell so hot was a pretty clear example
>>
>>84565224
Stop grasping please
>>
>>84566306
It was succesful enough to give the Fantastic Four two ongoings, and spearheading them to the top of the charts. Under Hickman, Fantastic Four was outselling Batman and the Avengers.

And now we have nothing...
>>
>>84566306
Civil War
Death of Cap
Who is the Red Hulk
Secret Invasion
Ultimatum
Return of Cap
Death of Doc Samson
Death of Human Torch
Death of Ultimate Spider-Man
AvX
"Death" of Spider-Man/Ock becoming Superior Spider-Man
Death of Nightcrawler
Fear Itself
Who is the New Thor
Civil War II
Death of War Machine, She-Hulk in coma
Death of Hulk
>>
>>84565120
>>84565139
Wow. I thought this issue of CWII would do significantly better with the normie audience but thankfully it looks like that's not the case. Shame it still took the top spot.
>>
>>84566864
Well it's one store reporting that. Not sure aboout other stores.
>>
File: 1447564174492.jpg (174 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1447564174492.jpg
174 KB, 720x540
>>84565120
>but Civil War II #3 crushed everything with one of the best “Death issues” i have read in a long time
>>
>>84562760
>That one guy in the comment section shilling Marvel with all his heart
>But muh 29% and 40%
>but muh Rebirth is a failure
>But muh remember the time when Marvel had 10 titles less than DC and absolutely smoked them?
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.