[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
What went wrong?
>>
>>84562061

nothing.
>>
>>84562061
Too much focus on the fucking pandas, not enough on the bad guy, fight scenes or the rest of the F5.
>>
>>84562061
Not enough Tigress tits
>>
Not enough romance.
>>
>>84562068
True
>>
Fight scenes were kind of boring.
>>
>>84562104
I feel like the pandas could have had more "focused focus." I was genuinely curious why they for example, lost the ability to use chi, and would've liked to see them believably relearning it somehow.

I agree with the bad guy though, Kai needs his motif explored a little more. Kung Fu Panda was pretty good about this with the first two films (especially the 2nd) so it was a bit jarring for me to see Kai remain a "straight villian."
>>
Kai's motives were sorta eh. In his mind, Oogway betrayed him, banished him to the spirit realm and destroyed his memory. So to get back at him, he's trying to destroy Oogway's memory?

His theme was GOAT tho
>>
>>84562061
Dreamworks has been hitting it out of the park with movies by not trying to force too much comedy, but they fell back on it in KFP3 to everyone's disappointment. The pandas did not need an act. If they /did/ need an act, it should have been a different one that what they received. Pandas live out in isolation tending to crops all day. (At least, such is implied at the end of KFP2). They should be a pretty damn rugged bunch, even if they are peaceful. Po or Tigress showing up should have resulted in a crew of (albeit inexperienced) Mighty Glaciers.

The pandas lost the ability to use Chi (or it was only a select subset). Fine. How did they lose the ability?

What caused Kai to go rouge after learning about Chi? Why would a guy who dragged his comrade for miles to find help suddenly want to fight him to the death?
>>
>>84562061
>What went wrong?
The same thing.
Three times.
>>
>>84569075
Kai didn't initiate the fight against Oogway. In fact, in the little backstory, Kai is very confused and hurt when Oogway attacks him and proceeds to fight back. And I think the implications were that Oogway and Kai were warlords, Kai just stepped up and took what they were doing to the next level and Oogway did a 180
>>
>Not enough Mists
>Frost DK still broken
>Troll raid but not really
>Nothing but dailies
8/10
Still better than Warlords of Pandaria
>>
>>84562061
They got lazy and cranked out a half-assed story. The third ANYTHING usually sucks, though.
>>
The story was really fucking obvious. The first one had a cliche story but one you kinda don't see coming at first and the second one knew that the "bad guy killed good guys parents" plot was common so they revealed that shit to the audience from the get go and instead focused and Po's and the main villains development.

The third one was fine, good even, but you just sort of see each plot point coming. Also had the weakest villain of the three by far.
>>
>>84562061
-Flat villain
-Too many panda antics
-The supernatural became a deus ex machina
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.