[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this any good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 250px-Saga1coverByFionaStaples.jpg (31 KB, 250x385) Image search: [Google]
250px-Saga1coverByFionaStaples.jpg
31 KB, 250x385
Is this any good?
>>
I read the first arc and the setting was interesting but the story was bland. Seemed like the typical BKV book. If that's your thing maybe you'll like it.
>>
It's Star Wars if George Lucas was born in 1989, had an "ironic" mustache, called himself a feminist, and told everyone he identified as "queer."
>>
>>84561856
I enjoyed it, but your mileage may vary. The setting is freewheeling and pretty damn fascinating, from a planet that won't let you leave, to a planet that just one big whorehouse.

However, while reading it, I really got the feeling that it wasn't going anywhere. Like they had a thin idea for what the plot was like and are following whatever whims they have while they make each issue.
>>
Art is great
Story is great at first but then starts to fall flat. I completely lost interest around the drama and drugs arc
>>
Is a fucking soap opera with sci-fi.
>>
>>84561856
good, until stupid remarks in volume 5 from the author being projected from one of the characters about women suffering the most in war, which shows how naive the author is for trying to inject anything about war when everyone suffers in it.

>>84561997
>lost interest in the drugs arc

drugs are amazing but can be dangerous. this is a life lesson.
>>
>>84561856
It's fun if you're in it for the setting and best boy Prince Robot (phone posting so no pic)
to be honest, I wish it was mostly about him, a warrior caught in between family, honor, and war in one giant clusterfuck of a person.
>>84562065
It is to be honest
>>
It starts off space opera and devolves into soap opera. A classic exercise in "how long are you willing to wait before dropping a promising series that turned to shit?" Hopefully it ends sooner rather than later, but considering it's one of the current best-sellers on the market, I doubt that'll be the case.
>>
It starts good and stays good for a while, it's been less than satisfactory recently
>>
It's pretty good. The best character is TV Prince. Dare I say a good comparison is to the Flash tv show, the action is great to phenomenal, while the character drama ranges from cringeworthy to good.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.