[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Check out CN right now fuckin Ice Age is on its the first one
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 10
File: 479296.jpg (504 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
479296.jpg
504 KB, 1920x1080
Check out CN right now
fuckin Ice Age is on
its the first one which is the only good one
>>
The second one was alright
>>
>>84561649
What bugs me is... There have been 4 sequels and THEY HAVE NEVER MENTIONED HUMANS AGAIN. WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT BABY? THEY COULD EASILY SHOW HIM GROWN-UP AND THAT WOULD BE AT LEAST A LITTLE BIT INTERESTING. NO, THEY HAD TO INVOLVE FUCKING ALIENS IN THIS SHIT
>>
>>84561694

Humans are dead...
>>
>>84561714
Wait, really? Did they go with alternate history timeline or what?
>>
>>84561744

That's just my theory.
>>
>>84561714
On the internet, no one knows you're a mastodon
>>
>>84561694
I never thought about it before but that also sort of bugs me now that you mention it.
>>
>>84561694
Ice Age is pretty much like the Saint Row games right now. From regular to LOL ALIENS INVASION APOCOLYPSE.
>>
Nickelodeon played the first Ice Age movie as well just yesterday... that's interesting.
>>
>>84561694
There's also the fact that the original was "3 friends with distinct, simple but clear, personalities". There was actually a funny rapport between them. The new ones literally have a dozen WACKY characters, all but the original three are wildly underdeveloped, and they're all fighting for screen time. It's such a fucking mess. Sid's sassy black granny getting more jokes than Sid himself in the last movie was a travesty.
>>
File: Sid-and-Santa.jpg (53 KB, 848x471) Image search: [Google]
Sid-and-Santa.jpg
53 KB, 848x471
>>84561694
>>84561714
Except for Santa Claus in their Christmas Special
>>
It's incredible how off the rails the franchise got when the first one was a fairly grounded, simple story.
>>
>>84562501
you know everything is alright when it looks like Sid was photoshoped in that image
>>
I think I saw on here one time some gore image with Sid photoshopped in.
>>
>>84562501
Santa looks utterly pissed to be in that cartoon. We've seen evil Santas, but jeez, he looks completely disgruntled to have to be in an Ice Age short.
>>
>>84563131
And he has every right. The idea of Santa meeting a prehistoric sloth is kinda disturbing to me.
>>
>>84562108
Did it? I remember being younger, like maybe 5? and Disney played it. All kids networks get it I guess.
>>
>>84562108
>>84565448
Disney Channel aired the third movie last Christmas. Getting the rights to these must not be that hard.

>>84562454
>Third movie: Girl mammoth gives birth to a baby
>Fourth movie: Baby mammoth is suddenly a teenager
Fucking why?
>>
File: Cybernetic_Ghost.png (191 KB, 500x956) Image search: [Google]
Cybernetic_Ghost.png
191 KB, 500x956
>>84563218
>The idea of Santa meeting a prehistoric sloth is kinda disturbing to me.
THOUSANDS OF YEARS AGO
>>
You know it'd be nice if these movies weren't so episodic now, kinda like the direct to DVD scooby movies but with a bigger budget.

I'm watching the 4th in a shitty camrip in English, it's ok like usual but they should really mention their past issues sometime, like how they met helping the kid, how manny and ellie met during the meltdown, dinosaurs, pirates, it's always just the current plot with hardly continuity.

Also the 3rd movie was easily the last acceptable movie, probably because it was before peaches started talking
>>
>>84567778
still watching the movie...
>it's a I forgot the anniversary scene
>in a setting where you have no calendars
>>
>>84567778
>dinosaurs
Well buck is in it, but he's more or less a plot device so it's not much of continuity aside from showing the dinosaur world for him to get started, not as much as you seem to want. Still though, mention the damn humans, Ice Age 6 when
>>
>>84567778
>4th
5th right?

Anyway I'm not watching it, saw a TV Spot where Peaches' boyfriend said Buck looked "Very gangster"
>>
>>84561649
2 has its moments
>>
it becomes clearer still that the writers wanted to just switch fully to a dinosaur story
>>
File: 0513 - 7b5Mceq.jpg (46 KB, 559x331) Image search: [Google]
0513 - 7b5Mceq.jpg
46 KB, 559x331
Man I fucking loved Ice Age as a kid.

One of my favorite passtimes was to go to the park and pick up acorns, pretending they were stuck in things like I was the koala from the movie.

Fuck I used to get bullied hard by my classmates. I remember once they bent me over and shoved an acorn in my ass and started laughing 'pull it out acorn boy' fuck them though. I hate the Ice Age franchise for ruining such brilliant potential.
>>
File: esque.png (1 MB, 1477x849) Image search: [Google]
esque.png
1 MB, 1477x849
>scrat has it worse than any of the other characters the movies follow
>he can't catch his acorn and when he does bad shit happens
>he killed his entire species
>gave up a somewhat shitty love life for the acorn he still can't get
>incredibly fucking small, moreso than the other characters aside from characters that are jokefully small, this gets him kicked around in the world he's in
>>
>>84568328
>koala
im glad you immediately went retarded or else
>>
>>84568328
that sounds hot. I'd like to use acorns on your butthole, anon
>>
The difference between the first Ice Age and all the sequels is amazing. It's like what everyone used to joke about how Shrek would turn out but that series has pretty much stopped and Ice Age is still going strong.
>>
>>84568489
the thing is, shrek started to use very boring plots while ice age only gets bigger and bigger.

From sea monsters to dinosaurs to the whole planet to a fucking meteor.

i don't even remember what happened in shrek 3 because of how absolutely nothing happens in that movie.
>>
>Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs $886,686,817
>Ice Age: Continental Drift $877,244,782

How did this happen?
It feels like these movies were only released on DVD
>>
>>84568171
>TV Spot where Peaches' boyfriend said Buck looked "Very gangster"
I saw a preview where he was singing "my songs know what you did in the dark" and i was sad to know it wasn't a preview edit
>>
>>84568647
>>84568171
>anons are unaware about the two possums singing about hashtags
>>
>>84569010
>not mentioning the brofist/brony terms being used
>>
>>84569158
>>84569010
>>84568647
never before have i seen 3 posts in a row on /co/ that piss me off in this way
>>
I saw it as a sneak preview with cub scouts. I got a fleece with the logo on it. Good times
>>
I only ever saw the first two movies

saw a commercial for the latest one

can anyone tell me how they ended up in space, because somehow they ended up in god damn space
>>
>>84561758
A game theory
>>
>>84571140
just scrat, it's a silent tie in with the first movie's ice museum that had a ufo and dinos
>>
>>84568588
>i don't even remember what happened in shrek 3

I think Prince Charming tried to take over Far, Far Away or something like that? Oh, and Shrek was worried about being a dad or something... And they had to find Justin Timberlake so he could be the new king. Yeah. I think that's about right.

Now say what you will about the third film, but even if the story wasn't very interesting, it was at least funny. Shrek 4 on the other hand was just a bland way to end the series. Even more uninteresting than the last film, and not even half as comedic.

What a waste, the plot could've been interesting too. The story literally takes place in a universe where ogres are feared and the events of the previous three movies never happened. Instead of doing anything remotely interesting with that, it's 90 minutes of Shrek hanging out with a bunch of ogres we've never seen before (where the hell were these characters in the past three films and dozen spin-offs?), and Rumpelstiltskin sits around being the most nonthreatening villain in the franchise. You would think that there'd at least be some good jokes showing how the side-characters are different in this alt-universe, but the most we get is that Puss is fat. Donkey is still Donkey, and the other characters can't be bothered to show up for more than 10 seconds at a time.

Despite all that, it still made over 7 times its budget. It's surprising Dreamworks hadn't tried to reboot the franchise yet. Apparently they're making a Puss in Boots 2, but that won't be released until 2019 at the earliest, if at all.
>>
>>84570924
>they forgot to mention the "peaches out" *mic drop* scene
>>
File: Sid's_Evolution.jpg (324 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Sid's_Evolution.jpg
324 KB, 1920x1080
>>84573675
>the ice cave was legitmate foreshadowing

>>84567778
I really wished they would go back to Manny's losing his family, it's one of my favorite kid's movie scenes
>>
>>84568591
It was still popular in foreign countries
>>
File: HF7Y0670.jpg (213 KB, 715x393) Image search: [Google]
HF7Y0670.jpg
213 KB, 715x393
>>84573675
It also had a frozen fish thing, and the second movie's antagonists were monster fishes.
>>
Ah, I loved Ice Age as a kid. It was really a good family movie, we've been quoting those Dodos for 14 years now.

My dad always liked Sid the best.
>>
>>84575271
>>84574988
>baby spock sign
also is it really the end of the franchise? if it isn't a stretch and they were following those ice cave pictures, that's the end (UFO) yea? also scrat is now in space, peaches is married, etc. Seems like everyone's rapped up.
>>
Yeah first ice age was a good flick. Too bad its heart was drained away in the other flicks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RhqR2ZGkc0
>>
>>84575929
shit the animation came a long way
>>
>>84573998
>it was at least funny
When, exactly? I don't remember a single funny part in that movie. It was a big part of why I never watched the fourth.
>>
>>84576288
This, nobody ever says the third was funny. Even the fourth did better in that department.
>>
Why do they always do that shit where every fucking character gets a love interest if the series goes on long enough?
>>
>>84576985
it feels weird to me too, the first one was the best for not starting it
>>
>>84575271
>and the second movie's antagonists were monster fishes.

They were marine REPTILES, you mook!
>>
how is this thread still up?

also ice age 2 is best
>>
File: errh.png (856 KB, 880x834) Image search: [Google]
errh.png
856 KB, 880x834
>>84576985
>Sid & Diego will never be a thing
>>
>>84580623
>The baby from the first movie will never come back as an adult with his own family and hunt Manny's family with no recollection of their past together
>>
File: this isnt propane.png (144 KB, 624x480) Image search: [Google]
this isnt propane.png
144 KB, 624x480
>tfw you realize (what >>84580865 said)

Sad part is, with the way this franchise is now, not seeing him return will probably be for the better.
>>
>>84580865
good

also anyone remember the 2nd movie how they were in a bowl shaped area? how'd they get there?
>>
Next one is time travel hijinks

The 3 main guys, IN NEW YORK
>>
>>84582949
>I was around for the false hype of Ice Age Th4wed
it hurts so much
>>
>>84584921
>Ice Age Th4wed
what?
>>
>>84561649
...the third was a guilty pleasure >_> Simon Pegg and dinosaurs. Enough said.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wLaD78EP-v0 THIS
>>
File: Buck_portal.png (64 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
Buck_portal.png
64 KB, 320x320
>>84588061
hell yeah man buck was the best

i want him to get a damn spinoff
>>
>>84577832
marine reptiles were more kin to fishes than actual reptiles
>>
never been a big ice age fan. only have vague recollections of the first movie and always thought it was odd that the ads focused on the squirrel even though it had absolutely nothing to do with the main plot
>>
>>84584921
Th4wed
What?
>>
>>84588283
end me
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.