[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>yfw Cartoon Network will never do a CN Invasion type of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: Invaded_Logo.jpg (141 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Invaded_Logo.jpg
141 KB, 400x300
>yfw Cartoon Network will never do a CN Invasion type of event ever again

https://youtu.be/WnEVPod126o
>>
>>84558844
Honestly, it wasn't that good.
>>
Since it was supposed to be a corporate sponsored event where the company pulled out at the last minute, it's no surprise
>>
Remember when Networks actually did events at all?
>>
>>84558844
If you actually think about the logistics of a network wide event, then it's understandable why they don't do it again.
>>
>>84558844
>Wanting a network wide crossover between Adventure Time, Regular Show, Teen Titans Go, and Nu Powerpuff Girls
I am perfectly okay with never seeing anything like that again.
>>
>>84559952
Yeah now all we have are stupid Steven Bombs
>>
I thought I dreamed this up... It was real?
>>
>>84560524
Explain
>>
>>84558844

Events are shit, they were executed poorly. It was rather mediocre at best, and your nostalgia goggles are pretty tight around your head.
>>
>>84558933
elaborate please
>>
>>84558844
I remember in like 05 or 06 they had that summer of CN party. That was so cash.
>>
>>84558844
Oh, that's right, Kids Next Door shares its universe with Billy & Mandy.
>>
I remember enjoying the Ed,Edd n Eddy episode.
Don't really remember the rest.
>>
>>84562736
Kraft was the sponsor, hence why the whole event was cheese-based. They've cancelled their involment well into the production of the episodes. CN decided to roll with it anyway.
>>
>>84562962
after searching "kraft cn invasion", i found that apparently maxwell atoms posted about it on his tumblr

http://maxwellatoms.tumblr.com/post/134630407377/i-swore-id-never-do-a-billy-mandy-scifi

i wonder how it wouldve been if kraft didnt back out
>>
>>84563345
There probably would've been CN themed mac and cheese boxes or some shit while the episodes themselves stay the same. I doubt they would mention Kraft during the actual episodes because the copyright in that would fuck with reruns and possible dvd releases.
>>
>>84558844
>people on /co/ always talk about how hype this event was
>I never knew the episodes were even supposed to be connected
>I remember all the episodes airing, especially Billy and Mandy, but I cannot for the life of me remember any ads for the event
>>
>>84564956
I remember it vaguely, but not really thinking to much of it.

Also I think the last event CN has done that wasn't just a special line of show premieres (bomb formats or a special night of new episodes of a lot of series') was Over The Garden Wall's week event.
>>
i remember the Billy and Mandy episode, Camp lazlo's episode, i re watched the Foster's one and i remember the My gym partner's a monkey's episode. The weird part of it was that they did an Ed, edd and eddy episode, i don't know if it was with Invasion, but this and the My gym partner's a monkey episode i don't know if it was with invasion, but both don't really talk much on cheese like the other three
>>
File: AHHHH.jpg (44 KB, 680x501) Image search: [Google]
AHHHH.jpg
44 KB, 680x501
The worst episode out of all of them was the Foster's episode, solely because the entire episode was based around CHEESE never shutting the fuck up
>>
>>84567855
wasn't it the only one where the hype wasn't real? it was just episodic annoyance
>>
File: Bpbssbddp.png (621 KB, 689x447) Image search: [Google]
Bpbssbddp.png
621 KB, 689x447
>>84559952
Maybe if we're lucky, CN will do one for their 25th anniversary next year.
>>
>>84570351
>next year
wait really? I remember the 20th anniversary clearly, was it already that long ago?
>>
>>84570916
Yep, time goes by fast. The 20th was in 2012
>>
All I remember from this is Gilbert Gottfried voiced a platypus
>>
the only good episode that came out of the invasion was Ed, Edd, n Eddy's ep. The rest were forgettable and annoying.

thanks kraft.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.