[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FRANK CHO LEAVES DC OVER COVER CENSORS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 231
Thread images: 33
File: 1468737237390.jpg (194 KB, 843x1280) Image search: [Google]
1468737237390.jpg
194 KB, 843x1280
Frank Cho was drawing Hulk, the only sexy comic Marvel comics is still putting out, until recently, when he switched to DC.

Greg Rucka wrote many amazing comics, including Gotham Central, but he may be sipping on the SJW kool aid. Still, it's his book, and his thoughts on the matter should carry some weight.

>Artist Frank Cho Leaves DC Comics, Attacks Censorship Of Wonder Woman Covers

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/07/15/artist-frank-cho-leaves-dc-comics-censorship-wonder-woman-covers/

https://archive.is/ondZH

>After facing criticism and alleged censorship for revealing “too much skin” on his drawing of superhero Wonder Woman, artist Frank Cho has left DC Comics.

>DC Comics commissioned Frank Cho, along with other notable comic book artists, to design variant covers for their comic series.

>Wonder Woman writer Greg Rucka allegedly took issue with Cho’s rendition of the original cover.

>“All the problem lies with Greg Rucka,” Cho told Bleeding Cool. “EVERYONE loves my Wonder Woman covers and wants me to stay. Greg Rucka is the ONLY one who has any problem with covers. Greg Rucka has been trying to alter and censor my artwork since day one.”

>“Greg Rucka thought my Wonder Woman #3 cover was vulgar and showed too much skin, and has been spearheading censorship, which is baffling since my Wonder Woman image is on model and shows the same amount of skin as the interior art, and it’s a VARIANT COVER and he should have no editorial control over it. (But he does. WTF?!!!)”
>>
File: 1468751364582.jpg (236 KB, 526x800) Image search: [Google]
1468751364582.jpg
236 KB, 526x800
>“I tried to play nice, not rock the boat and do my best on the covers, but Greg’s weird political agenda against me and my art has made that job impossible,” said Cho. “Wonder Woman was the ONLY reason I came over to DC Comics.”

>Cho had some kind words to say about the rest of his team.

>“To DC’s credit, especially [Art Director] Mark Chiarello, they have been very accommodating. But they are caught between a rock and a hard place.”

>“I just wanted to be left alone and do my Wonder Woman variant covers in peace,” Cho explained. “But Greg Rucka is in a hostile power trip and causing unnecessary friction over variant covers.”

>Rucka has written for Action Comics and Batwoman, among others. In 2010, Rucka received an Outstanding Comic Book Media Award from the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) for Detective Comics.

….

>If conservative white people are upset by NIGHTHAWK thus far, wait until they see #3, in store next week.

>PIC RELATED, THE ORIGINAL. GUESS WHAT TRIGGERED RUCKA
>>
>>84558286
Slowpoke.jpg

Also Cho didn't leave DC. He's working on Trinity covers instead now. Shit article.
>>
how many threads does this need
>>
>>84558364
It's a fucking huge deal anon.
>>
God, how many threads indeed?

We get it already. Enough
>>
DC DO remember what happened last time writers were given editorial control right?
>>
>>84558297
>>If conservative white people are upset by NIGHTHAWK thus far, wait until they see #3, in store next week.
What the fuck
>>
>Breitbart in charge of accurate reporting
RIP news, one of the first casualties of the culture wars
>>
Conservative white people don't read comics.
He's an idiot.
>>
>>84558286

Cho didn't leave DC and this is old as fuck news. Are we this desperate for gossip right now? When was it that the personnel lives and behind the scenes drama of the big 2 become more entertaining than the comics themselves?
>>
>>84558393

He's probably going to beat up some white people who are against BLM or some shit. I'm so tired /co/
>>
File: 1294377501416.jpg (24 KB, 366x285) Image search: [Google]
1294377501416.jpg
24 KB, 366x285
>>84558372
>>
File: 1459402514520.png (72 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1459402514520.png
72 KB, 768x1024
>>84558588
That would be fucking stupid and unlikely, but people wonder why the real fans have just stopped caring about comics anymore.

Its really just all over in a way. The orginal characters and universe full of the wonder and interesting shit we don't see in real life have been replaced by ethnic quotas and pale imitations of what they once were all in a world that is trying to sell a political message.
>>
File: NIGHTHAWK3covCOL.jpg (809 KB, 1318x2000) Image search: [Google]
NIGHTHAWK3covCOL.jpg
809 KB, 1318x2000
>>84558638
>That would be fucking stupid and unlikely

Well you got stupid right
>>
>>84558638

There's nowhere to go either. All the indie publishers are even worse.
>>
>>84558393
That would require conservative white people to read nighthawk.

Or fucking anyone to read nighthawk.
>>
http://comicsalliance.com/greg-rucka-wondercon-panel-dc/ heres one
>I female-identify, and I always have since I was very young. I am not transgendered; I’m not looking for gender reassignment. I clearly have more testosterone flowing through me than most men need, and you can tell just by looking at me. I’m comfortable with my maleness, but for whatever reason the way I’m wired, I have always female-identified.
>I tend to see – socially, I don’t tend to be myself in a male role. I don’t know any other way to put it. Now that being a separate issue, because that’s not an issue of writing, that is an issue of identity… And I think people, we identify however we identify. I’m a Caucasian American Jew. These are all things that make up who I am. That goes to the second half of the question, which is — I believe, for me, all writing comes from character. Character is made up of a variety of different things. One of those elements is gender. We live in a gendered society, and all you have to do is ask any woman here what her experience walking down a empty street at 3 in the morning is like, and then ask any guy. And you’re gonna get different responses. There’s a different implicit threat. That’s a societal problem.
>>As a storyteller the goal is to entertain and tell a story, but I believe in art. And I believe that when you are creating stories you are an artist and there are responsibilities with that. And you can try to ignore them all you like, but the fact of the matter is if you are putting out work into the world, you are providing a view of the world. And offering an interpretation of the world no matter how fictitious it is. And for a work to not respect the diversity of the world is problematic. Because we live in a very diverse world. And therefore one of the writers jobs is to grants respect to those experiences. If you do not know something you should find out enough to write it.
>>
Cho is a 13 year old edgelord in an adult's body. His wife left him cause he was insufferable. He makes creepy comments to other female creators. Terry and Rachael Dodson do what he does, except they can also draw normal people too. Nothing of value was lost.
>>
>>84558297

God, Frank Cho's Wondy is amazing
>>
>>84558953

That "man's" head is so far up his own ass that he is probably enjoying the experience.

It must be a living Hell to hold regressive left values today and be a white male. Can you imagine the sheer intensity of self-hatred?
>>
Someone crosspost this to /pol/ please

I want to see the butthurt
>>
>>84558953
>I female-identify
Yeah sure ok
>I am not transgendered
BUT YOU JUST FUCKING SAID YOU WERE
>>
>>84558286
Frank Cho sounds like the artist version of JMS.

Whiny prima donna that can dish it out, but can't take it.
>>
How many fucking threads do we need about this shit?

/co/ is like a broken record sometimes.
>>
>>84559253
Can't take what anon? A writer going on a power trip and trying to micromanage his work?
>>
>>84558968
Picasso was insufferable too
>comparing Picasso to Cho
The point is you should divorce the artist from the work cause at the end of the day that's all that will remain.
>>
>>84559319

>The point is you should divorce the artist from the work cause at the end of the day that's all that will remain.

That goes for Rucka as well, though.

Not that it matters, /co/ will Big Brother itself into "Greg Rucka was always bad and if you like any of his work you're a SJW cuck" within the week.
>>
>>84558968
Lot of comic creators are assholes anon, like Greg Rucka for example. I heard he needlessly edits other people's work to try and drive them off.
>>
>>84559319
If only /co/ could do that.

As soon as /co/ finds out a writer is a SJW on twitter, he's suddenly a complete hack who never wrote anything good in his entire career.
>>
>>84559354
well I do find it kind of hard to take him serious as feminist writer now.
>I need to protect my wonder waifu from the big bad cheesecake
Prudery is the antithesis of female empowerment.
>>
>>84558661
Superman was punching the KKK in the 1940s. That's always been in season.
>>
>>84559390

>Prudery is the antithesis of female empowerment.

I don't think anyone who's read Queen and Country or Lazarus could think of Rucka as a prude.

One incident like this doesn't somehow invalidate someone's entire run of work. I don't think /co/ understand how human emotions work, you can have complex feelings about something. People aren't robots where the dial is turned 100% one way or the other, despite what the Internet might make you think.

I'm not a mind-reader, I have n idea what Rucka was thinking or what even happened. I don't understand why the rest of the Internet can't take that world-view either instead of trying to Columbo some kind of sinister agenda out of nothing.
>>
>>84558953
>ALL HAIL STEPHEN, KING OF THE LESBIANS!
>>
>>84559279
OP is just shitposting. No reason to use a link that doesn't even accurately describe the situation.

Two creators had a disagreement of vision, one was moved to a different book. Both of them are happy now and nothing matters.
>>
>>84559371
And suddenly there are glaring clues in their books with clear pandering everywhere.
>>
>>84559390
He's not anti-cheesecake. Scott just drew WW naked in the last issue. Sharp's issues are literally nothing but seductive pouts and poses.
>>
>>84558384
What happened?
>>
>>84559465
Then what was his problem with Cho's covers then?
>>
>>84559214
Need to update the big encyclopedia of gender and social identities. I'm guessing X-identify is for those lean towards the opposite gender, don't have the resources or interest in transitioning, but still want the internet cred it entails.
>>
>>84559465
>not anti-cheesecake
But he is, got Adam Huges kicked off Wonder Woman covers for the exact same thing he did this.
>>
>>84559491

Who knows? Rucka hasn't responded.

But we're allowed to say we don't know something on the Internet. It's okay anon.
>>
>>84559491
He probably just didn't like the bottom of the leotard sticking out. Not because it's sexual but because it's ugly.

Cho is still right to be upset that his art was criticized, but it's some crusade against sexy WW. I don't know how anyone could think that if they've actually read the book.
>>
>>84559431
I'm not necessarily calling him a prude but I am calling him out on his feminist cred. He writes female character but he writes them in a such an overbearing masculine way that always seems to suggest that being masculine is the only way to be empowered.
>>
>>84559545

> He writes female character but he writes them in a such an overbearing masculine way that always seems to suggest that being masculine is the only way to be empowered.

None of them are role models. He's not writing them as "good people" with maybe the exception of Montoya, the rest are damaged husks of human beings.
>>
>>84559531
>Rucka hasn't responded
But we already know that he had problems with the covers because they were too vulgar.
>>
>>84559511
If he's anti-cheesecake why does he he write in cheesecake?

Why not make the logical conclusion that it's execution he criticizes and not content?
>>
>>84559562
I didn't say they have to be role models but when the only you can write strong female characters is too have them to ape masculine behavior and you get lauded as a feminist then I call bullshit.
>>
>>84559397

Yeah but he was also slapping Japs
>>
>>84559565
>the execution
Of what? What technical fault did he found with Adam Hughes and Frank cho?
>>
>>84559565
Cause that's not a logical conclusion.
>>
>>84559253
You very fucking stupid.
>>
>>84559584

The entire "men with tits" argument is still idiotic, especially in comic books. Should they be knitting or buying shoes in-between shooting guys in the face?

And 95% of fiction's ideas of "feminine" tropes that aren't pure surface-level are motherhood tropes and iconography. If you don't explore that you're basically left with putting in some version of "women be shoppin'" or being criticised for making them too masculine.
>>
>>84558286
>censorship
UUUHHHHHHH
IT'S LOCALIZATION
>>
>>84559565
Because he isn't objective when it comes to his own work? Like he could rationalize that his treatment of wonder woman is different from Cho's. He's not a fucking robot, he doesn't run of pure logic you autistic fuck.
>>
>>84559635
The fact you only think feminine behavior is shopping and motherhood is misogynistic as fuck.
>>
>>84559635
>men with tits argument is idiotic
It's the very reason why Marston created Wonder woman. He didn't want little girls to think that being Strong=being a man.
>>
File: 1366744009241.gif (993 KB, 267x150) Image search: [Google]
1366744009241.gif
993 KB, 267x150
>>84559683
>misogynistic
>>
>>84559683

In fiction? Absolutely.

Every single strong female character that the Internet like in fiction has some kind of strong motherhood undercurrent to their character.

Don't blame me for the tropes the world has decided on.
>>
>>84559622
It's certainly more logical than pretending he's being anti-cheesecake when he allows the other artists to draw her like they have.

>>84559663
That still doesn't make him someone against cheesecake. It means that he thinks his rendition of sexy WW is better than theirs. Suggesting that he's against her looking sexy at all is just obviously false. It's not a matter of "there should be no sexual content in this WW book" like some are painting it.
>>
>>84559683

Well there is also bitching about other women behind their backs I suppose
>>
>>84559697

And because he was a fucking pervert
>>
File: Me Tarzan, You Wot m8.jpg (86 KB, 361x492) Image search: [Google]
Me Tarzan, You Wot m8.jpg
86 KB, 361x492
Okay, how many threads do we really need about this? Especially when it always regresses into Cho's fanboys crying about feminism.
>>
>>84559702
>every single
Stop generalizing.
>>
File: 998987.png (740 KB, 970x726) Image search: [Google]
998987.png
740 KB, 970x726
>>84559726
The world could use more men like him and Kamitani.
>>
>>84559726
>being ashamed of your own sexuality
Marston was in a polyamoric relationship, he doesn't give a fuck about your prude sexual hangups.
>>
>>84559443
I'm not sure if both of them are happy. Both of them are working on shit that seems to suit them, and I guess that's good enough..

>>84559565
Because there's nothing about the execution to lead to that conclusion. It seems at least as likely that it's some sort of political beef or personal issues than with anything with the work.

>>84559703
What also seems like a possibility is that he's got very strong hangups something sex related, and he takes it out on the artists.

>>84559749
I bet it will last until the next OUTRAGE. So, about 3 weeks?
>>
>>84559703
Well if he isn't anti-cheesecake then I guess he's just a dick on a power trip.
>>
File: red sonja 14.jpg (226 KB, 1050x1575) Image search: [Google]
red sonja 14.jpg
226 KB, 1050x1575
>>84559443
I'm waiting for Rucka to flip his lid when Frison submits something like pic related.
>>
>>84559757
I never understood the image because O'connor's excuse makes sense. What's more distracting than a naked woman?
>>
>>84559844

A naked man
>>
>>84559802
>It seems at least as likely that it's some sort of political beef or personal issues than with anything with the work.

I would actually agree with this as a possibility. It really doesn't seem like an actual content concern.
>>
>>84559830
Worth mentioning Horn was on the BN WW covers, or nah?
>>
File: Naked-Raiden-Cartwheel-MGS2.jpg (52 KB, 600x339) Image search: [Google]
Naked-Raiden-Cartwheel-MGS2.jpg
52 KB, 600x339
>>84559862
?
>>
>>84558588
>>84558393
Nighthawk is a racist against white people though, he's so anti white that it even bothers other black people.
>>
>>84559862
What's more distracting than a naked man?

>>84559893
The weird thing to me is that say in the case of Robbie flipping out about the manara covers, even if I think Robbie is a one legged bitch, I at least understand what he's pissed about.

For the cho cover I really don't see it. If it were something simple or something ideological, I would think rucka would fly that political flag proudly, as he's done in the past.

It's a mystery. Feels like CWC freaking out about blue arms or something.

Oh well. One things' for sure. Succeed or fail, all this is on Rucka now. Can't blame editorial for any problems on this run.
>>
File: 1468253100277.gif (179 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1468253100277.gif
179 KB, 500x375
>>84559545
>>84559584

Rucka has a fetish for lesbians. Almost every female character that he wrotte for DC got turned into a lesbian l, disregarding previous characterization, like Montoya and Batwoman. His "female indetify" is just a ruse or he trying to rationalize his fetish with SJWs beliefs.

>>84559565
WW is his waifu that he has an obssession. He is very protecting of her, and if something is not like his vision he throw a REEEEEE tantrum, cheesecake is fine as long as it is on HIS terms and has a lot of lesbians in it or characters to be turned into lesbians.
>>
>>84560090
I guess if anything it is kind of an awkward pose with her other arm just kind of aimlessly hanging there. Cropping doesn't really fix it though, it would have to be redrawn completely.
>>
>>84560149

Cho has no problem drawing lesbians though. Perhaps there's something about Cho's lesbians that drive him nuts?
>>
>>84560149
Eh, Kate Kane was a Kathy Kane-inspired OC with the lesbian aspect demanded by DC, considering that was part of her character when Devin Grayson was assigned to write her before she was "fired" and they handed the character off to Rucka.
>>
>>84560199

The lesbian shitposter is in every one one of these threads, just ignore him.
>>
>>84560179
I really don't see what you're talking about.
>>
>>84559214
You aren't transgenered until you get surgery. This is basic information, anonymous.
>>
>>84558297
I can't tell a difference...what triggered him?
>>
>>84560239
Does she not usually block with both arms? If the other arm isn't blocking shouldn't she reach for her lasso or something? Honestly I'm not even sure why she's lunging to protect literally nothing but I suppose that's a secondary concern.
>>
>>84559801
Was it Polyamoric?

Was it really?

Marston lived with wife and their live in maid/sex slave...
>>
>>84559830
>it's okay when a female artist draws a sexualized character
see Babs Tarr's variant cover for Nightwing Rebirth #1
>>
>>84560285
The tiny peek of her lower swimsuit under her skirt. I can't call it "underwear" because that's not what it is.
>>
>>84559397
>KKK in the 1940s
read up on history those are all democrats
>>
>>84559319
>The point is you should divorce the artist from the work

No you shouldn't. How do you divorce his blue period for example from his mental depression or Van Gogh's mental illness from his work. Or Leonard being the Renaissance Man from the Mona Lisa.
>>
>>84560292
>was it really
Yeah
>>
>>84560299
No with Dick it's only ok if he's in a capeshit costume. Otherwise it's NOT MUH and they don't like it.
>>
>>84560317
Do you judge a van goh on whether or not he was a good person? This is something that I notice about the chontroversy, is that people are glad he's no longer doing the variants because they think he's a bad person.
>>
>>84560433
I think that, talented or not, the sensationalism of Van Gogh being completely fucking nuts led to his work being far more popularized than it would otherwise have been. Granted, this was mostly after his death, but the internet has sped up the process of information transmission considerably.
>>
File: 3399113-863928-asm_599_var_cov.jpg (120 KB, 568x640) Image search: [Google]
3399113-863928-asm_599_var_cov.jpg
120 KB, 568x640
>>84560305
read up on the southern strategy
>>
>>84560433
I can't admire the work of a man I don't respect. I don't respect SJWs or bullies. Rucka is both.
>>
>>84560612
Rucka is just on a power trip, I'm annoyed too thathe drove Cho off the covers but that's interoffice politics for you.
>>
>>84560612
>I was sperg as fuck in school
>Nobody liked me
>I hate SJWs because women won't fuck me
>I hate bullies because they picked on me for my inadequacy
the post
>>
>>84560433
We judge Van Gogh's work based on the context of when/where he lived and the fact that he was crazy and killed himself. So yes the artist and the context absolutely matters. You can't remove that.
>>
File: FuckingBravoMate.gif (500 KB, 500x359) Image search: [Google]
FuckingBravoMate.gif
500 KB, 500x359
>>84560662
Damn nigga, that's some salty ass projection there. He strike too close to home or somethin'? I'm sure you don't go spank it to Nazi paintings, even if some of their art actually was pretty ripshit.
>>
>>84558286
Rucka can only write one character, Cho can only draw one character.

You'd think they would be a match made in heaven.
>>
>>84560301
It's the fault of the costume designer without the underwear it would look far worse.
>>
>>84560734
But does it matter if Van gogh was someone you like as a person? People with depression are bummers and they can act like huge dicks sometimes so does the fact that Van gogh was probably a huge dick change,for a lack of a better word, the art into worthless trash? Because that's what #Team Rucka is all about, labelling Cho as a misogynist because his art is misogynistic and his art is misogynistic because he's a misogynist.
>>
>most comic books (specially big 2)
>art
>>
>>84558638
Anon, this is Supreme Power Nighthawk. He's been a racist anti-white #BLM punisher/batman for over a decade.
>>
>>84560284
What? No. It's the opposite though. Transgender is before you transition. Transsexual is after you transition.
>>
>>84560906
That's exactly what Team Cho is doing to Rucka though?
>>
>>84558953
>I female-identify
>I’m a Jew.
Well that explains that.
>>
>>84559683
>facts are muh soggy knee

Whatever bulldyke
>>
>>84558286

>DC drives away Frank Cho

Come back to Marvel, Cho old boy. We've got babes and Savage Land dinosaurs for you to draw.
>>
Nothing of value was lost.
>>
>>84563261
They didn't drive him away, he's just on Trinity now.
>>
>>84559319
>The point is you should divorce the artist
Like his wife amirite
>>
>>84560769
Rucka likes skinny wiry tough lesbians, and cho likes tough thick beefy bisexuals. It's like professor X's orange chair except with lesbians.
>>
>>84562612
If Rucka wants to say his piece and tell what happened from his perspective I'd welcome that.
But he's doing that thing you see all the time where someone gets caught in hypocrisy on the internet; ignore the argument entirely and block anyone that questions him.

He's pulling an Aaron Diaz. In that universe is that truly defensible?
>>
>>84558286
>Revealing too much skin
Bitch being wearing a swimsuit to fight monsters.
She's all about skin.
The fuck am I reading here?
>>
>>84559757
Frank tried to attack Kojima for Quiet while he worked on a series which had Cortana get more skin than the last with every installment.
>>
>>84565575
Doesn't Diaz bring it on himself by shitposting in the first place? Rucka hasn't done anything besides comment on why he's blocking people (because he doesn't want to argue with anyone and isn't required to respond to their questions). I don't think that crosses a line. It's not too different to me from Greg Pak locking his account whenever there's some drama going on with Marvel doing something retarded and people expecting a comment from him on it (Hulks shit right now but he did it before when they said Herc was straight too).
>>
>>84565794
>Rucka hasn't done anything besides comment on why he's blocking people (because he doesn't want to argue with anyone and isn't required to respond to their questions)

Let's use his real words here, he said following him on social media was "a privilege"
>>
>>84565836
Does that change anything? It's just right vs privilege rhetoric. No one is required to accept a bunch of tweets at them about something they don't want to talk about publicly.

Let's not needlessly dramatize every aspect of this just because he was acting like a bitch with Cho.
>>
>>84558286
>breitbart
por que razon?
>>
>>84565942
>Does that change anything?

Yes, surprisingly it does matter how you phrase things in a public forum. It makes him looks less like a reasonable individual and more like a pretentious toss-pot.
>>
>>84560192
Rucka was probably looking for a fight because of the "Outrage" series. If it wasn't wonder woman's bodysuit, it would have been something else.
>>
>>84560090
A naked woman with a dick
>>
>>84558286
>breitband

Reliable news source right there.
>>
File: Capturej (30).png (686 KB, 607x625) Image search: [Google]
Capturej (30).png
686 KB, 607x625
>its a DeRay episode
>>
>>84565836
>Let's use his real words here, he said following him on social media was "a privilege"

Well yes, he's using it to push his message, so he can regulate who gets to see it.

If you want to argue with people, you always have youtube comment streams, no?
>>
>>84565836
Well he's right. Not because of who he is, but because nobody owes people replies and interaction on the internet.
>>
>>84566497
What's more distracting than a naked woman with a dick?

>>84565575
>>84565794

It could be that the thing that triggers him is so embarrasing that it's better off to not say anything.
>>
>>84560585
It's been proven to be a myth. Why do liberals insist on pushing lies that they can't convince other liberals to beleive?
>>
>>84569132
>myth
Lee Atwater literally said it.
>>
>>84569347
In the context of saying that it doesn't work. The Southern Strategy is something liberals spew in the vain hopes that it covers up that Klansmen and segregationists were all quite eager to raise taxes and confiscate guns like their modern descendants.
>>
>>84558286
>www.breitbart.com

Disregarded.
>>
He didn't leave DC though, he just moved to a different book. This is """""journalism"""""
>>
>>84569520
>In the context of saying that it doesn't work.
What a weird spin. It did work, it got Nixon and Reagan elected.
>>
>>84558661
I love the racist side nightgawk
>>
>>84558340
Hmm, so if he's still working with DC, then that pretty much means they side with him but the suck too much Rucka dick to tell him he's wrong
If DC REALLY sided with Rucka, they woulda sent Cho packing
>>
>>84558372
Not really
We're talking about variant covers
Not interiors
>>
File: 1465266822143.jpg (54 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1465266822143.jpg
54 KB, 480x360
>>84558286
Why does Wonder Woman attract this kind of piece of shit writers?
>>
File: Phil Jimenez.jpg (166 KB, 1251x701) Image search: [Google]
Phil Jimenez.jpg
166 KB, 1251x701
>>84571493
Because she was created like that
>>
>>84559753
>>84559683

>buhh i want more special snowflakes like myself

Not him, but eat shit
Snowflakes are narrative poison.
>>
>>84571493
>Tie him up with Lasso of Truth
>Punch him because you don't like what he is saying

This will never not make me mad. They should have just used a cable or a rope or something.
>>
>>84571626
There is a huge difference between portraying women being superior to men, and portraying women being superior to men by demeaning the entire male gender.
>>
>>84559757
Fuck Yeah, Kamitami! Love his responses to faggots attacking Dragon's Crown art
>>
>>84558297

Wait is that seriously what triggered Rucka? What the fuck is his problem?
>>
>>84572355

Stop believing everything you read, Rucka won't give his side but that doesn't mean you have to believe the other side.

Really simple senpai.
>>
>>84572633
>Cho left his dream job and the only reason he went over to because of something completely unrelated to the reason he gave
>>
>>84563261
>Cho will never draw a Sword'n'Sorcery book for DC.
>>
>>84558384
I don't. I'm aware of occasions that Editors think they're writers, and they've rarely been good.
>>
>>84572633

All of Cho's WW covers have been tasteful & awesome.

I'm willing to bet the cover which triggered Rucka was fine.
>>
>>84573103
It was >>84558297 though Frank frames it as if it was from day one.
>>
>>84571191
it means Cho can't keep giving interviews like this, because he'll get his fat ass fired

there's being offended that someone didn't like your work, and there's being a huge fucking problem around the office

nobody wants to deal with this shit, but there it is: the guy's a fucking loon
>>
>>84558703
>Or fucking anyone to read nighthawk.
>#2 bestseller this week
>>
>>84571893
>capture Joker because he's killed millions of people
>put him in one janky old asylum you own that's fucking haunted or some shit on top of being full of holes and staffed by corrupt guards
>must be actively fighting against having him taken out of state to serve time in federal prisons

there's being a dick, and there's being a preptime dick

at least the warrior having a temper is consistent

he's lucky she didn't twist his head right round
>>
>>84573270
What? The new issue of Nighthawk came out weeks ago and didn't do that well.
>>
>>84573260
But it sounds like Rucka was being the huge fucking problem around the office.
>>
>>84558340

>Breitbart

Yeah, that'll do it
>>
>>84573260
>interviews like this
You mean interviews where he clears up any confusion and make it clear that the prroblem isn't with DC.
>>
File: WW SS Blue.jpg (315 KB, 600x754) Image search: [Google]
WW SS Blue.jpg
315 KB, 600x754
>>84573174

>Rucka upset that Cho showed too much skin
>On a WW cover

What the fuck was Cho supposed to do?
>>
>>84559757

And that's why I'm not pissed off about Dragon's Crown and its sexy aproach. It fits the light hearted tone of the game, and the creator made no bullshit excuses. If you want a sexy character, just say so. Own up to it. Don't give bullshit excuses that contradict the setting. (Why would an AI need to seduce someone? Why doesn't she suddenly become a hot male when around a woman? If she needs to breath through her skin, does that negate her need for breast support? Why would she wear stockings? It also doesn't explain her need to pose.)
>>
>>84573590
Draw her in a burka clearly
>>
>>84573590
Don't do any Escher Girls posing or gratuitous ass shorts?
>>
File: Cortana_halo_4.png (1 MB, 997x2048) Image search: [Google]
Cortana_halo_4.png
1 MB, 997x2048
>>84574068
I think it'd make sense if she needed to actually argue. It's not helpful to have an AI that actively seeks to compromise your crew to get her way. And since she chose to be that way for those reasons, it sort of takes her from Spunky Sidekick who happens to be hot to Manipulative Bitch.
>>84574121
Good thing Frank didn't.
>>
>>84558297

The on panel depictions of Batwoman in Rucka's Detective run were more sexual than this.
>>
You fuckin people need to read more comics and read less *about* comics

this shit is shameless nerd gossip and you idiots just gobble it up.
>>
>>84558666
>There's nowhere to go either. All the indie publishers are even worse.

Image still has a few good ongoing books. Nearly all their new stuff is millennial pandering garbage though.
>>
>>84559749
That's odd because it really has nothing at all to do with that.

It's a classic case of editorial miscommunication and a writer who had a very clear vendetta against an artist he personally didn't like.

The artist got fed up with it and left quietly until Bleeding Cool started sniffing around and he took preemptive action to make sure the correct facts (insofar as the why's, when's and how's of his leaving) were made available so the wrong people didn't get accused and the situation could be put to bed asap.

The fact that Rucka is a "staunch feminist" really has nothing to do with anything. He could be totally racist or just an anal retentive micromanager and the scenario would have played out exactly the same.
>>
Ugh. So fucking lewd.
>>
>>84574881
You guys, I think I want to fuck the pencilwork
>>
>>84574121
>Escher Girls

Aka I hate anything other than stale "realism"
>>
>>84574121
How do you parse all those times skinny/athletic people pull off Escher Girls poses all the time?
>>
>>84571493
That's a digital comic with rotating writers that no one reads. Why do you fags always bring it up like that's how her actual books are? This isn't Marvel.
>>
>>84558661
Wait I am like a mile behind of Marvel
Isn't Nighthawk that guy with the armor from space and played a part in the Nova comics back in Pre-ThanosImperitive Marvel Cosmic?
>>
>>84575033
>Complaining about stale realism in a Cho thread
>>
File: Starhawk[1].jpg (185 KB, 339x654) Image search: [Google]
Starhawk[1].jpg
185 KB, 339x654
>>84575163
No, that's Starhawk.
>>
>>84574706

I dropped Invincible after Mark became a complete cuck. Forgiving his wife for sleeping with somebody else because he disappeared for 5 years? Ok I'm not so bothered by that. But just standing there when the cunt who fucked your wife insults your daughter? That's just cowardice
>>
>>84575163
>>84575188
No, it was Darkhawk.
>>
>>84558286
Much like Amanda Connor draw the best Peej, Frank Cho Wondy=Best Wondy.
>>
>>84559844
Just because a writer can come up with a plausible excuse that doesn't mean that it's the actual reason for their dress. Quiet and Cortana's dress are both transparently for sex appeal and the explanations are plainly excuses made to justify it after the fact. Some people have trouble understanding this when people are criticising something, they'll use the excuse as a defence when the critics are fully aware of the excuse but can see it for what it is unlike the fan.

The O'Connor one is a perfect example of this because he was very open in the interview where he gave that justification and said that Cortana looks the way she does because when the character was originally created it was purely for sex appeal but at 343 they decided to come up with a reason for it after the fact. He was honest in the fact that 343's explanation was excusing a decision made before they got the reins.
>>
>>84559491
According to Cho, Rucka doesn't like him on a personal level and found issues with Cho's covers as an excuse to harass him and drive him off the title.
>>
>>84574121
But Cho does not do any escher girl poses. He has some of the best anatomy in comics. The Manara homage covers are the exception out of parody.
>>
>>
>>84579546
The best part is, that's not even underwear. That's straight up tights
>>
>>84558286
Since Rucka has said he's only writing 24 issues who a we looking forward to retconning Wonder Woman's origin next year?
>>
>>84579716
Johns. They'll want a big name to set her up when the movie comes out
>>
>>84579716
Please god in heaven let Sharp stay on past Rucka. (Unless some worse SJW comes on like that Angela writer)
>>
File: 0.jpg (27 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
27 KB, 480x360
>>84559397
look at the banner on the right

it says "Americans first" clearly a reverence to the Republican Presidential Candidate Donald Trump

because wanting controlled borders is totally like being part of the KKK (a organisation that was created by democrats by the way)
>>
>>84574068
jesus go back to tumblr if you are so triggered by sexy women
>>
>>84575163
Darhawk, ex-New Warrior, West Coast Avengers, Avengers Arena
There are also some Raptor fuckers in space, they're Shi'ar secret police of whatever, they all look like Darkhawk.
This version of Nighthawk is Supreme Power version of Squadron Supreme. He's pastiche of Batman, except black and racist.
>>
>>84558297

>If conservative white people are upset by NIGHTHAWK thus far, wait until they see #3, in store next week.

Is Cho delusional?
>>
>>84558539
I used to until the killed ultimate spiderman to replace him with a lame new one

maybe you should be less bigoted. just because somebody has a different political opinion then you doesn´t mean he/she can´t have similar taste like you

but that would actually mean that lefties would have to be tolerant to different view points which seems to be impossible nowadays
>>
>>84579825

>racist
>Is fighting Klansmen

Que?
>>
>>84579850
>Black people that hate the evil white man can't be racist.
>>
>>84579850
I haven't read the new Nighthawk, but in Supreme Power he was a straight up militant racist black guy. It was actually well written under JMS, I wonder how the new guy is handling it
>>
>>84579850
Dude's a black nationalist racist about 3 steps more extreme than the black panther party.

You don't think that hating the klan automatically makes you a good person do you?
>>
>>84579850
He really hates white people, senpai. Imagine if Batman started hating whole race instead of only criminals.
>>
>>84579831
no, but you are considering that tweet is from David Walker. LEARN TO READ
>>
File: Frank-Cho-batman-superman-2.jpg (300 KB, 1006x1520) Image search: [Google]
Frank-Cho-batman-superman-2.jpg
300 KB, 1006x1520
>>84559319

Except whereas Picasso leaves you with significant works, Cho just leaves you with cheesecake that all looks the same. Or adolescent fan wank like pic related.

I often see here calling Cho Based, because they see him as an ideological ally against the sjw boogeyman, but he is an unbelievable faggot. People will like any hack if they think they back their bullshit agenda.
>>
>>84579872
>>84579875
>>84579878
>>84579880

Yeah, but how specifically is he racist? What does he actually do in the comics that makes him so?
>>
>>84579885

It doesn't say who it's from. David Walker's name isn't anywhere in that green text, which is only attributed to Cho's perspective. Formatting: it helps.
>>
>>84579918
If I remember correctly, he only helps out blacks, not whites. He also loses his shit at the other black dude in the team, notFlash, cause he treats whites the same as blacks.

I should really storytime Supreme Power, it's a great book, shame the sales were never great
>>
File: rhod8.jpg (390 KB, 1706x1188) Image search: [Google]
rhod8.jpg
390 KB, 1706x1188
>>84579901
He is an exceptionally skilled figure artist, yet you call him a hack because he chooses to use attractive women as his main subject. Is Alphonse Mucha also a 'hack'?
>>
>>84574676

The state of American comics has gotten to the point where this nonsense garners more interests than the actual comics. That's how bad comics are these days.
>>
>>84579965

I call him a hack, because he can only draw one body type and puts out unrestrained fan wank that would make a 15 year old blush.
>>
File: she-hulk.jpg (133 KB, 706x1080) Image search: [Google]
she-hulk.jpg
133 KB, 706x1080
>>84579984
How is this...
>>
File: slave-leia-frank-cho-2013.jpg (130 KB, 1493x956) Image search: [Google]
slave-leia-frank-cho-2013.jpg
130 KB, 1493x956
>>84579993
...the same body type as this?
Could you point out the similarities?

And how does making retarded little two-pagers on the side for fun make him a hack?
>>
>>84579984
>"I've only seen Cho's big 2 work" - the post
>>
File: samefag.jpg (108 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
samefag.jpg
108 KB, 630x420
>>84580011
>>84579993

Is that really the best you could come up with? Like those were really the two most diversified figures you could muster? It's the same busty, hour glass figure he copy pastas for everything. At least he didn't copy paste the same face like he usually does, then again when it's supposed to be carrie fisher it's kinda hard to fuck that up.
>>
>>84580034
>Busty
The Leia picture is nowhere near busty. Its almost pedophilic to suggest that a bust of that size is above average.
>Hourglass
The Leia picture also barely qualifies as hourglass any more than the average woman.

And no, those aren't the best I can do as they are just the 2nd and 4th images in a Frank Cho google image search yet you're still grasping at straws to call them the same.

And you're either being stupid or dishonest in posting pictures specifically created to look the exact same as homage/parody.
>>
>>84558953
>I female-identify
stopped reading there 2bh senpai.

I could deal with "I am female" (even if he has a penis) or even "I identify as female", but the shorthand form just makes me angry.
>>
>>84580072
>nowhere near busty
They're not as big as they usually art but those are pretty big tits anon.
>>
File: 51GFwc+r6VL.jpg (43 KB, 370x500) Image search: [Google]
51GFwc+r6VL.jpg
43 KB, 370x500
>>84580238
This is the average American breast size, I'm really failing to see how Leia's are significantly larger.
>>
>>84579984
>"I have shallow judgment skills for art" - the post
>>
>>84580276
The average is only the average because fatties, skinny with DD is still big even relatively speaking.
Besides they're not borderline flat like you're implying.
>>
File: 20160718_103235.png (477 KB, 1439x893) Image search: [Google]
20160718_103235.png
477 KB, 1439x893
>>84558286
i like how tumblr makes it look like Cho left because they cut out the "panty" shot and for that reason only when Cho's account makes it seem like Rucka kept getting in the way over nothing

anyone who thinks its a panty shot is retarded, they are practically trunks movie WW had them too
>>
>>84565792
Not Frank, some other douche at 343.
>>
>>84558286
Cucka fucked up. Glad he's getting blowback.

Normie are tired of this SJW shit. Hopefully some sense gets knocked into their stupid neon skulls.
>>
>>84558539
lol what
>>
>>84559354
The tears from you sosjus types is golden.

>oh...oh no.... They're onto us!
>>
Why is this thread with literal misinformation in the OP still here
>>
>>84582750
cry moar bitch nigga
>>
>>84559319
>Comparing a shitty house artist to Picasso.
>>
>>84558297
You know, everyone's been saying (incorrectly, I might add) it looks like Wondie's panties are showing. If you trace the line of how that'd look while standing upright, they're more like trunks under the armored skirt. They're too far down for panties, unless they're granny panties. I mean, Diana's supposed to be old, but come on.
>>
>>84559505
no. Rucka is using the term wrong. It strictly means "I have the gender identity of a female" You cannot follow that up with "I am comfortable in my maleness" because it's saying you are female.

What he means is "I empathize with and relate to women" So, for example, he plays the Tomb Raider games and he can project into and identify with the PC easily, rather than simply staring at her ass or thinking of her as a block of polygons.

So basically, Rucka is misusing the term to make both feminism and trans rights battles about him and his pasty ass.

and I'm sick of cho and his childishness. That's how stupid Rucka is being. I'm defending someone I don't like against someone claiming to be an ally because of how dumb his arguments are.
>>
It's just some sort of personal vendetta Rucka has against Cho, like Cho said. Rucka has shown WW showing a lot of skin previously. I hate how everyone is going Hurr durr SJW propaganda to cover up wonder woman

that being said, both Cucka and Ching Chong Cho are hacks. You should get a better taste if you enjoy their work
>>
>>84575145
It's less that her books are always like that. They aren't. But when books are like that, it's almost always hers.
>>
>>84582145
They are panties and they are highly offensive
>>
>>84569132
>>84569520
Something almost all GOP higher ups and power players openly and fully admit too and brag about how effective it was is just a myth?

Not sure if trolling or just retarded. I'm choosing to believe trolling.
>>
>>84571893
Actually it makes perfect sense when you remember that Truth is what you believe to be True. He genuinely believed that what he was saying was true.

If the Lasso made you say things that were actually objectively True, it would of been called the Lasso of Fact, not Truth.
>>
>>84583959
This.

It's funny that Rucka doesn't get this either. He made the lasso tell Wonder Woman that she's been tricked.

And I think he said in an interview that it's not the lasso that makes people tell the truth, it's her own power, as if another person using it wouldn't work.
>>
>>84583920

not reading the thread but do they not get that people can change political parties and that parties themselves can change? all those southern dems became republicans because LBJ signed the Civil Rights Act. (in most simplified terms)
Thread replies: 231
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.