[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>start reading Ms.Marvel >Kamala has an aquiline nose >no
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: QAUmh5h.jpg (163 KB, 1025x804) Image search: [Google]
QAUmh5h.jpg
163 KB, 1025x804
>start reading Ms.Marvel
>Kamala has an aquiline nose
>no one draws her nose like that
>Start read wonder woman # 2
>Diana have a distinct face and not the Frank Cho looking face I'm weirdly used to.

Are the female characters from the big two supposed to have facial differences?

Is the art directors so bad that they let artist get away drawing them however they want or are the female characters as similar looking as I originally thought?

(well for the few expectations like Diana and Kamila)
>>
File: spideyinhpage1.jpg (107 KB, 620x941) Image search: [Google]
spideyinhpage1.jpg
107 KB, 620x941
>>84558028
no one gives a fuck so long as the art is finished
This is from Inhuman error look nice right?
>>
File: spiderimp_TTD_.jpg (183 KB, 640x984) Image search: [Google]
spiderimp_TTD_.jpg
183 KB, 640x984
>>84558065
well this is the next issue.Keep in mind there are 3 issues to the story.
Then it goes back to this >>84558065
on the last issue
>>
non-white facial features are ugly
>>
>>84558028
It's a combination of artists can't draw distinct faces and artists only want to draw their ideal female face. So really it's just bad artists. Welcome to american big publisher superhero comics yo.
>>
>>84558072
>>
>>84558069
fuck me that's bad.
the worst part is that that's not even the worse case scenario
the worse case is when they change artist in the same issue.

fuck I wish I could remember the name of the marvel comic that it happened in.
>>
>>84558069
The art is not bad, but it would work better on a horror book.
>>
>>84558028
>Frank Cho looking face I'm weirdly used to

Did you only start reading comic books two months ago?
>>
I've always thought it's weird how there's so little attempt to design the faces of superheroes and have their features be more consistent from artist to artist
>>
>>84558207
I imagine about 90%of the people here had no idea who frank cho was until his beef with rucka a few days ago.
>>
File: aquiline.jpg (117 KB, 650x867) Image search: [Google]
aquiline.jpg
117 KB, 650x867
>>84558072
It's called a Roman nose for a reason
>>
>>84558207
>>84558262
I misspoke, not used to but more how I always imagined her as. WW:earth one by Yanick Paquette is another example of the thick type I always imagine Diana being.
>>
>>84558028
KISSING KAMALA? AS IF!
>>
>>84558308
including her perfect model faceā„¢
>>
>>84558244
That's because no one person owns these characters. They're corporate owned blank slates ready to conform to whatever is most popular and appealing at the time.
>>
>>84558330
why even read comics anymore
>>
>>84558028

It's not just female characters. Shave off a male characters' facial hair and they can usually pass for each other.

I'd say that, across the board, female characters suffer from more sameface than male characters, but it's just a matter of degrees. Many comic artists just can't or won't draw different "heroic" faces.
>>
>>84558171
Most recently in Karnak #2 (because the original artist was so fucking slow he took like 6 months to pencil half the book), and in Scarlet Witch' solo. In SW's solo they have constant rotating artists and they swapped artists mid issue at one point because she went into a different dimension anyway.
>>
>>84560765
Oh and I just remembered that Ms Marvel also swapped artists in the middle of an issue, the book has rotating artists anyway and they swapped when a flashback started.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.