[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Captain America is now a black male. >Iron Man is now
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 12
File: marvel-comics.jpg (187 KB, 1024x500) Image search: [Google]
marvel-comics.jpg
187 KB, 1024x500
>Captain America is now a black male.
>Iron Man is now a black female.
>Thor is now a disabled, white female.
>The Hulk is now an Asian male.
>Spider-Man is now a bi-racial, Mexican and black, male.
>Wolverine is now a white female.
>Captain Marvel is now a Middle Eastern female and muslim.
>Nick Fury is now a black male.
>Iceman is now a homosexual.
>Captain Britain is now a Middle Eastern female and muslim.
>Ghost Rider is now a Mexican male.
>The original, white Captain America is now a Nazi.

What the fuck is going on at this company right now? I'm all for diversity, but why do the constantly keep shitting on legacy instead of establishing new characters in a meaningful and sensible way?
>>
>>84556955
Cause shitty marvel is currently riding the PC wave right now.
>>
>>84556955
Marvel is so Degenerate
>>
>>84556955
Because no one cares about totally new characters
We have this thread several times a day dude
>>
>>84556955
/pol/, stop shitting up our board.
>>
>>84556955
If it makes you feel better, Thor's base form has always been disabled.
>>
>>84557293
> Le /pol/ bogeyman
>how dare people have the gall dislike terrible writing that panders to my leftist bullshit
>>
>>84556955
It's all about Ike Perlmutter's hatred of Kevin Feige. He's hellbent on destroying their ip-s, so the movie division can't mine it anymore.
>>
>>84558536
Anything stopping movies to use stories from 1960's?
>>
>>84557807
Yeah, because the big 2 have never been known for pandering or terrible writing before. It's totally a product of this new Internet degeneracy that I read about on Stormfront.
>>
>>84557334
You've triggered my autismo, because Eric Masterson wasn't disabled. I also wouldn't coun't being a frog as a disability, but that's arguable.
>>
>>84556955
You forgot spiderwoman being pregnant

When is marvel gonna make a character fat
>>
>>84558581
He thought of that doctor whose body Thor hijacked.
>>
>shitting on legacy
What the fuck are you talking about?

Those ARE all new characters, they're just taking on old mantles. This has been done a trillion times. There have been multiple Captain Americas, Captain Britains, Captain Marvels, Ghost Riders, Hulks, and even Thors but it's only suddenly a problem when they're anything but white?

You don't even read comics, so fuck off and choke on cum, you unbelievable faggot.
>>
I remember when this first started

>Don't worry guys it's not like there going to be changing every character just a few.

Bet those people feel like faggots now

The nick fury doesent count though that's just synergy which while bad is a whole other issue and Samuel l Jackson was the perfect choice for the role

And captain marvel is both still there and an inferior character then her replacement (although she's inferior because they fucked her for pandering reasons)
>>
>>84558656
Nuh uhhhh back then it was different cuz now pandering and he said on twitter and sjws and advertising and I'm a crabby bitch now and everythings ruined!
>>
>Captain marvel is now a middle eastern female and a Muslim
>Captain marvel
>middle eastern
It's ms marvel, not captain marvel, and she isnt middle eastern, shes pakistani. That's south asia.
>>
>>84556955
>why do the constantly keep shitting on legacy instead of establishing new characters
No one buys new minority characters and surprisingly businesses like making money.
>>
>>84558656
There is a difference between mantles being sensibly passed and not. I don't really mind Falcon becoming Captain America since he's an established close friend of Steve Rogers, and if anyone was going to take up the mantle it would be him. In the same way Rhodney becoming the Iron Man wouldn't be so bad, it happened before and there is an established dynamic.

Now things like that new Iron Girl is complete bullshit. You have a new characters that comes out of nowhere and Tony Stark just randomly decides to make her the new Iron Man. That's just pandering to the SJW crowd and terrible writing in general, as expected of Bendis
>>
>>84556955
No
>>
Kamala's not middle eastern, dumbfuck american.
>>
>>84556955
>>The original, white Captain America is now a Nazi.

It's like you didn't even read issue #2, just like everyone else who's bitching about Captain Hydra
>>
>>84556955
>Implying half of these characters are not established and related to the mantle they have right Now
>implying these characters are ruined because they have another mantle
> implying the originals wont come back in a few years and take back their place
>>
It's because you let everyone know it pisses you off. While normie fans somehow like this shit, writers and fans buy comics just to spite you or prove on some blog they aren't racist. It's why the some comics start to fail after a while regardless of the quality of the comic. Your also implying that they aren't going to make big bucks on "bringing the old gang back together"
>>
>>84559030
Marvel assured us that it was for real, not a fake-out. I trust The House of Ideas, why don't you?
>>
>>84559030
Over half his points are just flat out wrong. Of course he doesn't read comics.
>>
>>84556955
>but why do the constantly keep shitting on legacy instead of establishing new characters in a meaningful and sensible way?

They don't sell. Comics are a business and need to make money. New characters don't sell and take off and that's been proven time and time again.

Not to mention you got half your shit wrong. Way to go
>>
>>84558724
You mean sand naggers come from different places?
>>
>>84558656
There's a huge difference between going in a new direction with a character and obviously trying to out-PC the opposing company

Seriously, you can't look at that huge like of changes and go 'yeah they have no agenda they're just writing new characters'
>>
>>84556955
Retards who have no idea who their audience is.
Those retards took over because nobody cares about Marvel Comics right now since the movies are the ones making real money right now.

>>84558544
Nope, and thankfully, when they take modern comics like Civil War, they take the base idea and ignore everything else.
>>
>>84558662
Plus isn't Nick Jr. just a bi racial offspring of original Fury
>>
>>84556955
Making new characters is hard and requires work. Can't do as much pandering if you have to put in actual work yknow
>>
File: 1468558063400.jpg (25 KB, 294x282) Image search: [Google]
1468558063400.jpg
25 KB, 294x282
>>84556955
>I hate
>neegars
>homosaxuals
>females
>mexi-cans
>disabled white peeple
>>>/pol/
>>
File: 1416870168997.jpg (37 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
1416870168997.jpg
37 KB, 240x240
>>84556955
>>Captain Britain is now a Middle Eastern female and muslim.
>>
>>84556955
You have valid points with the rest, but this only happened in an event tie-in that was set in an alternate universe that was wiped out midway through the event itself, and she only showed up again in another event tie in set in another alternate universe that no longer exists.
>>
File: wtf am i reading.png (364 KB, 801x308) Image search: [Google]
wtf am i reading.png
364 KB, 801x308
>>84558832
The thing that irks me about FeMale is that Iron Man comics introduced a spunky teenage black girl prodigy just a few years ago.
PLUS she was related to Rhodey. The guy benis just killed.
>>
File: CVVw7JMW4AAcJxk.png (27 KB, 473x214) Image search: [Google]
CVVw7JMW4AAcJxk.png
27 KB, 473x214
>there's a timeline where every single one of these characters was replaced by a white guy and /co/ has spent the past several years shitposting about something else instead
>>
>>84560013
Emphasis on "shitposting"
As in we wouldn't be reading comics anyway, we would just look for some other thing to shitpost about
>>
>>84557289
You being here EVERY day is not healthy, nor is it something to be proud of, son. Let him have his discussion.
>>
It's a reflection of the real world. Before the changes, every character was a white male. That is not a reflection of the world. That is a weird, beige fantasy land.
>>
>>84558656
>they're just taking on old mantles.
So in other words, not new at all.
>>
>>84559293
Yes anon.
Also reminder that anybody that trys to insult anon by calling him an Amerifat instead of just saying he's a faggot is an even bigger faggot themselves.
>>
Dident you all here Carol is going to die at the end of civil war 2 leaving kamala to take her place.

Now I just hope the meme magic doesn't make that true.
>>
>>84556955
Same. I Don't like it because they have established characters ready to pick up the mantle being passed but they write in completely new and hamfisted characters.

Hulk has 4 fucking kids.
Lady Sif had a story of redeeming herself and becoming worthy of the hammer.
Stark has had multiple people around him that he trusted take on the armor or give them suits.

But this isn't what would sell comics.
>>
>>84556955
Completely new super hero identities don't sell.
Why do we have to go over this every fucking day?
>>
File: 1468006315480.jpg (258 KB, 799x1200) Image search: [Google]
1468006315480.jpg
258 KB, 799x1200
>>84560270
>We'v all been rused
>Carol's new ongoing is actually about Tony in disfuise
>>
>>84560443
Skarr, Llyra, Skarr's brother and...?
>>
>>84560554
Fem-Scorpion
>>
>Captain America is now a black male.
Captain America is still Captain America. He leads an Avengers title and has a solo series.
>Iron Man is now a black female.
Not yet she isn't. All we have to go on is a PR push and a solicit.
Peter Parker is in ~6 titles every month. What are you complaining about?
You lie.
You lie.
>The original, white Captain America is now a Nazi.
You lie again.

You don't even read comics. I mean, you think Excalibur is Captain Britain. You're an idiot.
>>
>>84556955
I thought she had cancer, not that she was disabled.
>>
>>84556955
>>Captain America is now a black male.
And Steve has never been gone, plus is now also Cap again.
>>Iron Man is now a black female.
And motherfucking DOOM, but that doesn't fit your narrative, huh? Also the alternative is no Ironman, since Tony will die.
>>Thor is now a disabled, white female.
And Odinson is already coming back.
>>The Hulk is now an Asian male.
Everyone and their dog has been a Hulk at some point. Enjoy you white, gun-twirling, mustached, patriotic Red Hulk in USAvengers.
>>Spider-Man is now a bi-racial, Mexican and black, male.
And a future dude, and a Brit, and a noir detective, and an Indian, and a Pig, and Gwen Stacy, and Mayday, and a pig, and Peter Parker.
>>Wolverine is now a white female.
...clone of Logan. And also AU Logan, shut up.
>>Captain Marvel is now a Middle Eastern female and muslim.
While Carol is Captain Marvel. And the Ms Marvel most people actually liked has always been a black chick.
>>Nick Fury is now a black male.
Not even new by any stretch of the imagination. Also Sam Jackson.
>>Iceman is now a homosexual.
Yeah, that's just bullshit.
>>Captain Britain is now a Middle Eastern female and muslim.
Who showed up in one else-world mini and that's it.
>>Ghost Rider is now a Mexican male.
In a number of Ghost Riders, some of which have been Hispanics before
For one story line, coming covers show him rolling with the good guys again. Falcon has been a werewolf in the meantime.

Also, no complaint that Starlord is a Jewish chick?
Or that Wasp is a Russian-born girl?
>>
>>84558610
Great Lakes Avengers are coming back.
That covers their social reject and loser demographics.
>>
>>84560672
There was a span of some months when Steve was not Captain America.
I think he meant Ms Marvel. Which is like the most /co/ has gushed over a comic character in years. We bitched for a week about her having short hair on a cover.
And are you splitting hairs about Steve being a HYDRA operative due to shenanigans and not an NSDAP member? I don't read his title.
>>
File: faith.jpg (276 KB, 773x685) Image search: [Google]
faith.jpg
276 KB, 773x685
>>84558610
Not marvel, but still fat.
>>
>>84560956
What happened to this guys?
>>
>>84559961
>SJWs elated about change to comic they aren't going to buy and/or read

How's Ghostbusters doing again?
>>
>>84556955
Perlmutter, an out-of-touch fossil trying to follow the latest trends
>>
>>84561162
How is it actually doing?
>>
>>84556955
>Captain America is two men
>Iron Man is one man and one woman
>Thor s one man and one woman
>Spider-Man is two men
>Wolveine is a clone
>Captain Marvel is one woman
>Miss Marvel is a different woman
>Nick Fury is two men
>>
>>84561262
>>Nick Fury is two men
What happened to the older one?
I last read it in Secret Warrior that, despite being by Bendis, was rather cool, than I completely lost it until I recently discovered that he had a black son out of nowhere
>>
>>84556955
They do it because no one cares about superheroes; just established cultural icons.

Superman? Spiderman? Iron Man? Wolverine? Wonder Woman? The Hulk? Captain America?

These aren't "superheroes." They transcend the media they're born in. Doing controversial shit with the big boys means you get the big bucks for a little while, and then you can go back to normal after no one cares anymore.

Now, when they do it with characters normies would be hard pressed to name, let alone give a fuck about, it rarely works nearly as well. You get one to three issues of spiked sales, a slump lasting a few issues, and then a cancelled ongoing, typically. Sadly, this is still more profitable than the typical life support bullshit the comics industry operates on.

tl;dr: Everything is following the clickbait outrage model. Every single thing in media that you ever loved is now designed to piss you off so that you talk about it more. The news is clickbait, video games are clickbait, and comics are clickbait.

I mean, I hate sports, but at this point I think I'm just gonna try to get into soccer or football or some shit. At least then the narratives would be shit thick with a whole different brand of scum.
>>
>>84556955
All that sounds awful but how is DC doing by the way? Is DC better now?
>>
>>84561383
Dc is at the best they have been in years.

Rebirth was a huge success
>>
>>84560819
Truth.
>>
File: spooky__you_.gif (135 KB, 500x208) Image search: [Google]
spooky__you_.gif
135 KB, 500x208
>>84556955
>>Captain America is now a black male.
A captain America is black, there are two
>>Iron Man is now a black female.
A Ironman is a girl, Doom is the other one, but don't expect either book to be good, it's written by Bendis
>>Thor is now a disabled, white female.
And Odinson is coming back with his own ongoing
>>The Hulk is now an Asian male.
And the other one is a war mongering army strong strong jalopy
>>Spider-Man is now a bi-racial, Mexican and black, male.
And the Amazing Spider-Man is still Peter Parker
>>Wolverine is now a white female.
And Logan is an old man
>>Captain Marvel is now a Middle Eastern female and muslim.
This isn't even close to being correct, would have worked better had you said she is an uninteresting dyke with no personality
>>Nick Fury is now a black male
That's Fury Jr. Junior
>>Iceman is now a homosexual
Heh, Bendis not understanding how time displacement works
>>Captain Britain is now a Middle Eastern female and muslim
Pretty sure that was just for the Battleworld tie in, have we seen Captain Britain post Secret Wars?
>>Ghost Rider is now a Mexican male
He's not actually a ghost rider and hasn't been seen since Battleworld ended.
And still Captain America

Here is a better question, if all of this angers you, why are you reading it? Personally I'm having a damn good time with the titles from Marvel that are on my pull list. Did you read a headline on facebook, make a snarky quip and then realize it wouldn't get you any (you)s? You seem pretty dumb.
>>
>>84561298

He's the new Watcher now.

yeah, it's whatever. but super easy for someone to retcon it as Keikaku imo
>>
File: Henry-jones-sr.png (264 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
Henry-jones-sr.png
264 KB, 620x350
>>84561496
Did someone say Junior?

Otherwise mostly almost verbatim what I said. We might have said this too many times.
>>
>>84561573
We have, people keep making this dumbass thread trying to be mad when actually a number of these minority comics are pretty damn good, Cho Hulk, Miss Marvel, ANGR, all great little comics. But they don't match up to the movies, so people like op get confused and angry.

You can really tell when someone just started reading comics in the past 5 years because they don't understand how things like Battleworld and Rebirth work and get angry when a character is killed off.
>>
>>84561686
I started reading last year and I laugh at those guys.
>>
>>84561496
>And Odinson is coming back with his own ongoing
Yea, he lost his hammer, his arm, his fucking name, and his series. But now he gets a piece of shit inferior replacement hammer and a FUCKING SIDE SERIES, so everything is alright!
>>
>>84562111
You mean The Unworthy Thor lost his name?
>>
>>84561123
Dead or depowered.
>>
>>84558576
Just because they've done it before doesn't excuse them doing it yet again.
>>
>>84562141
No, i mean Thor Odinson is now just Odinson, while Jane Foster calls herself Thor like it's a fucking title and not his birth name. It's like if falcon called himself Steve, and Steve just called himself Rogers. It's stupid bullshit, just like everything else about Whor.
>>
>>84562196
Even Batroc was able to avoid her hammer and strike back
>>
>>84562229
Yet she stalemated Odin.
>>
>>84562305
Batroc confirmed almost skyfather-level
>>
>>84558576
"They've done it before si you can't complain about it now"
At least DC can insert their racial character switches IE Chinese superman in a fun well written fresh way. Not just "here is super smart 15 year old quirky black girl lol so randumb"
>>
>>84559166
Those being...?
>>
>>84562663
Try reading the thread, you dumbfuck.
>>
>>84557807
No, no. It's because you're fucking stupid.
>>
>>84560230
>they have the same powers therefore they are the same character
>>
>>84562663
see
>>84560819
and
>>84561496
>>
>>84561298
he got character assassinated, then put on the moon where nobody can see or talk to him again, and Marvel just stopped listening to people who had a problem with it.

i dont even know what that whole event even changed
>>
File: 1113691-brodie_fanny_1.jpg (967 KB, 813x1124) Image search: [Google]
1113691-brodie_fanny_1.jpg
967 KB, 813x1124
>>84557289

That's bullshit. Marvel Comics just doesn't want to put any effort into it.

You think that Wolverine became popular out of nowhere? Fuck no.

He showed up in Uncanny X-Men where he got to interact with established characters and have awesome moments so that readers got to know and like him. Then the publisher released a mini-series to gauge the readers interest on him before deciding to release an ongoing starring him.

That's how you introduce new characters, but Marvel Comics would rather replace established characters by giving their mantle for new ones and thus create controversy with that.
>>
>>84556955

She's not disabled at all. Jane has cancer which doesn't affect her as Thor at all.
>>
>>84558610
>When is marvel gonna make a character fat

What is Blob?
>>
>>84567648
Doctor Octopus too
>>
File: squirrel.png (286 KB, 474x452) Image search: [Google]
squirrel.png
286 KB, 474x452
ITT: Cucks/fags defending Marvel's half-assed SJW pandering

You guys redefine Stockholm syndrome
>>
>>84567786
It really depends with him.
Sometime he's fat, sometime he's rather fit, and some other time it doesn't really matter since the tentacles include a girdle that completely cover his abdominal area
>>
>>84559972
And the people bitching about this probably couldn't tell the difference between Captain Britian and Union Jack.
>>
>>84567943
Don't you have a SUg thread to be posting in?
>>
>Captain Marvel is now a Middle Eastern female and muslim
I wish this was true
Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.