[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Batman vs Superman - Ultimate Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (218 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
218 KB, 1280x720
Did watching the Ultimate Edition change your views on the original BvS /co/?
>>
No.
>>
>>84556858
>>
File: 1463481791380.png (110 KB, 633x568) Image search: [Google]
1463481791380.png
110 KB, 633x568
>>84556930
>>
>>84556930

fuck off, Zack
>>
>>84556825

Yeah. Sadly, it made me realize I have to be in a 'DC mood' to enjoy the DCAU.

The Marvel films are more shallow, with less atmosphere, and weaker characters (though by and large the actors are better. Batfleck is really the only stand out in BvS). Yet, despite (or maybe because of) that they are easy to watch anytime. They are 'fun'.

BvS is amazing, but it isn't 'fun'. It has weight and requires investment.
>>
>>84556825
It had another Batman scene, which is nice.
Then again, it didn't change my opinion that you should just skip to the Batman fighting scenes.
>>
>>84557022
>weaker characters
Weaker physically you mean? You're not actually saying that Superman's sloppy, inconsistent characterization in the DCEU surpasses Marvel characters, are you? Lois, with her 0% batting average with snark and humor lines?
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (44 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
44 KB, 1280x720
Was the Lois Lane bath tub scene lengthened?
>>
>>84556825
No, I thought it was still shit.
>>
>>84557101

Nah, Superman is a dud at the moment. But Bafleck and Alfred were both amazing, arguably the best portrayals we have had. Wonder Woman felt every bit as powerful as she should; and dat smirk when she gets knocked down, and her theme kicking in. The only characters that stick out across, what, ten films(?), are Loki and to a lesser extent Tony and Steve. In the MCU it's just all quips and whedonspeak all the fucking time.

But I'm actually speaking more about the 'presence' of the represented iconic (bordering on mythological) beings.

Batman was fucking scary; his training looked intense and grueling, and when they wanted him to be intimidating, he was... but he was also very human in some of his 'oh shit' scenes. I really felt the Dark Knight, his strengths, and his limitations. Do I even need to mention the warehouse?

Even Superman, despite off-characterization and bland acting, still - in many scenes - felt like Superman. Rescuing the astronauts. Pulling a massive ship. That moment when he closes his eyes in the fire after the bomb goes off. When he gets in the way of Doomsday killing Lex and saves him, even after everything, even as his mother might be roasting alive on his orders. They even capture how scary eh can be when he breaks out the heat vision in the Nightmare and against the turrets.

Wonder Woman? I was expecting to not like her. But her attitude with Bruce, to her battle theme kicking in as she enters the fray, to that fucking amazing smirk she gives when Doomsday knocks her down.

Even Doomsday, despite not really being a character, had menace and impact. The times he smashed into things (such as when he bounced off and dented the Lexcorp spire) felt meaty, as much so as anything the Hulk has done. And when he only got stronger from tanking a nuke, and proceeded to take more and more hits, and kept coming, I could genuinely see and feel the threat and menace he gave off.

Just how i felt. All subjective.
>>
>>84557581
I don't think you know what characterization is.
Looking cool isn't characterization.
>>
>>84557656

I just chose my words badly. I don't mean characterization. Presence of the icon, perhaps? I dunno, I'm too tired to care at this point, way past this neckbeards bedtime.
>>
>>84556825
Nope.

>>84557022
It's not 'fun' - that is very true. I don't think Winter Solider was fun, in fact, I left the theater at odds, and I didn't view The First Avenger as "fun" - just as enjoyable entertainment.

BvS was neither fun and only very small pieces of it were enjoyable. "Amazing?" Not, really, no.
>>
>>84556825

No.
>>
File: 1466714097431.jpg (7 KB, 285x337) Image search: [Google]
1466714097431.jpg
7 KB, 285x337
>>84557270
Something in that scene was lengthened yes.
>>
File: 1466638996684.jpg (16 KB, 476x244) Image search: [Google]
1466638996684.jpg
16 KB, 476x244
>>84556825
Wait wait wait

You guys watched the ultimate edition?
>>
>>84556825
It's just the same movie but longer, it didn't really change my opinion.
>>
>>84561155
Yes, it was the kinoest kino of all time.
>>
>>84561282
The cinemaest cinema?

We're lost in translation.
>>
>>84556825
No, it wasn't any worse but it definitely wasn't better.
>>
I liked the theatrical cut already, and thought the Ultimate Cut added a lot of good material.

For people who already disliked the movie for its direction and characterization, there's not much there that will sway their opinions.
>>
Nop. Is a big shit.
>>
Yeah, I enjoyed it a lot more than the theatrical "cut". That shit gave me a headache.

Seeing Supes struggle made me feel, Gotta be honest. Movie isn't perfect. But it's entertaining and engaging enough that I could watch it again.
>>
yeah it had some more depth imho, and kinda gave reasons as to why shit happened. bumped it up in my score book
>>
File: HOL UP GHOST SHEEEIT.jpg (67 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
HOL UP GHOST SHEEEIT.jpg
67 KB, 1000x1000
>>84557270
>She will never let out a loud fart in that bathtub before drowning you in it.

FML
>>
File: CURVES AND.jpg (162 KB, 591x998) Image search: [Google]
CURVES AND.jpg
162 KB, 591x998
JUST
>>
>>84556825
Movie needed to be shortened not lengthened. Again, all the fanboys running out to pay for the stuff just emboldens them to make more of this crap. We deserve better than this and I'm hoping it gets better from here on.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.