[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT:: Shows you hated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6
File: Spike_(All_Grown_Up).png (97 KB, 640x355) Image search: [Google]
Spike_(All_Grown_Up).png
97 KB, 640x355
I fucking hated it when Rugrats: All Grown Up would show up on air.

The adults didn't look like they just added 10 years onto their appearance. Every single one of them looked so old and wrinkly and just generally tired of life in general. As if they were this close to just ending it all.

It didn't help that Spike looked he was literally at death's door every episode.

also

>that episode where angelica almost gets raped
>>
>>84556023
>The adults didn't look like they just added 10 years onto their appearance. Every single one of them looked so old and wrinkly and just generally tired of life in general.

This is because they didn't just have 10 years tacked on to them. They had just spent the last 10 years raising kids. It can take a lot out of a person.
>>
>>84556023
Gonna need some sauce fampai. Yeahhh All Grown Up was an.... experience.
>>
File: tommy pickles.png (483 KB, 719x539) Image search: [Google]
tommy pickles.png
483 KB, 719x539
>>84556023
>tfw slowing watching the entire Rugrats series

>didn't realize it was like the 10th longest cartoon in existence

>finally on season 7 after over a hundred episodes

>still have to watch All Grown Up to 'complete' it

Why me
>>
>>84557060
If you're really dedicated, make sure you watch Pre-School Daze before AGU, the extremely short-lived spinoff.
>>
The problem was that they treated the kids like they were in Highschool, when they were only like 10 - 13. Other than that it was originally for the Rugrats 10th anniversary, I don't know why they didn't just do that. It would have explained the adults designs better too.

It's been ages since I've watched it, but I remember people saying that it got better the longer it went on, with the last episode actually being the best one.

Just as well, I was disjointed Chuckie never got anywhere with Angelica's friend with braces after they had a thing in the pilot. You can also thank this show for being the reason they couldn't introduce any new Rugrats, otherwise it wouldn't have made any sense timeline wise, so there's something good that came out of it.
>>
>That one episode of All Grown Up when Chukie was obsessed with a Yu-Gi-Oh parody card game
>>
who was hottest mom?
>>
>>84556023
>It didn't help that Spike looked he was literally at death's door every episode.
He literally was. He wasn't a puppy in the original series and the new show took place nearly 10 years later so I'm surprised he hadn't already kicked the bucket.
>>
>>84557274
>I remember people saying that it got better the longer it went on,

It did. Used to watch it when I was stuck home sick from school and nothing else was on, the later seasons were notably better. The haunted camp episode was my favorite, it was actually surprisingly well done.

I also just found out that this lasted from 2003-2008, Jesus Christ.
>>
>>84556023
>>84556078
SAUCE PLEASE.
>>
>>84562145
Remember how they kept teasing the concept that the grandparents might be dead but then nah they're all just fine and exactly the same as ever.
>>
>>84562589
Well, Grandpa Lou is dead now.
>>
>>84557274
I was just thinking it'd be pretty funny if they just decided to give one of the kids a random younger sibling born during the timeskip. It's one of the few shows where they actually could have pulled off a new fanfiction-ey "been there the whole time" character seriously. It's actually kind of weird how static their status quo stayed for the 10 years of childhood: characters had the same interests as Rugrat's last season, same pets, just really old, parents working the same jobs, etc.
>>
>>84556023
I'm not familiar with that on senpai.

I thought the only weird episode was the one with the implied Phil and Lil twincest.
>>
the only thing I liked about the original rugrats was when they all went on an adventure together and mundane things would look like fantasy settings. youd get to see it through their eyes and reptar would be a giant dragon and about to attack their castle, but in reality its just a cardboard cutout ad with reptar at the supermarket and they are playing in some box. really made you feel like you were a kid again and could create anything you wanted in pretend land. every episode that didnt follow this formula just didnt do much for me.
>>
>>84563835
You mean that one episode where Phil walked out on Lil changing and saw her in her bra and started freak out about them going through puberty and stuff?
>>
>Tommy becomes a director and reboots the Reptar franchise
>Tommy goes back to being an adventurer

Which is the better fate?
>>
>>84563948
>becomes a liberal shitstain
>doesn't
You tell me
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 400x300
>>84562589
>grandpa boris is still alive
>>
>>84564038
hes got that secret jew elixer of life (pureed foreskins). silly goyim.
>>
Did they ever killed off Spike in a very special episode to teach kids about pet's dying?
>>
>>84563946
Yep
>>
File: 1233372940867.jpg (119 KB, 647x900) Image search: [Google]
1233372940867.jpg
119 KB, 647x900
>That episode where Chuckie finally accepts his homosexuality
>>
>>84563945
I really preferred the early season episodes where the babies would experience mundane things, but to them everything would be mysterious and new, and they were trying to rationalize a world that doesn't always make sense. Like they'd go to the grocery store, or movie theater, or a highschool, and not know what anything was. Or Tommy would think a toilet was a magical portal that makes things disappear or that the garbage truck was a monster that eats garbage. Those concepts that the babies thought of didn't really need to be translated to fantasy: the toilet didn't need to sparkle or grow a face and have Tommy imagine it was talking to him- just having Tommy's reaction to seeing his dad's keys go down the hole was enough.

When the fantasy stuff came around and every episode turned into them imagining they were in some complex scenario, it felt like the writers had just run out of ideas. So instead of having, for example, an episode where the babies go to a renaissance faire and don't understand what's going on and think the clothes and customs are weird and compare them to the limited world they do know, they'd instead write an episode where they stay at home and imagine they're in a fairytale fantasy world with castles and dragons. That stuff is fine, but it's not taking advantage of them being very young babies, and instead treating them like older children, much in the same way All Grown Up treats the kids like teenagers.
>>
>>84556072
I'm glad I will never have kids.

I'm glad I'm a virgin neckbeard wizard who faps on a daily basis
>>
>>84556023
All Grown Up is not a bad show you idiot
>>
>>84556023
All Grown Up was a decent show
>>
>>84564837
>>84564887
>thread title is "Shows you hated"
>anons take it to mean "objectively bad show"
>>
>>84556023
Fuck off All Grown Up was amazing
>>
All Grown Up is a perfect show
>>
>>84556023
>Every single one of them looked so old and wrinkly
chances are that all of them had kids in their 30s and not their 20s
meaning that they were in their 40s-50s
sometimes people just age terribly
Charlotte barely changed and it's normal for people to get crows feet in their 40s
>>
>>84564488
Completely agree.
They Douged it up with the fantasies. Disney Douged it up
>>
>>84565007
>Charlotte barely changed

That's because she went full Joan Rivers with the plastic surgery and botox. Now Kira, she's all natural.
>>
>>84564483
>that episode where Angelica sucks faceless old men for money
>>
>>84564837
>>84564887
>>84564966
>>84565001

Someone really upset this autist.
>>
>>84565475
Pretty sure the final 2 or maybe 3 were to make the original poster look more butthurt or something, and to make it appear like what you said.
>>
>>84565001
>>84564959
>>
>>84565602
I loved this show growing up
>>
>>84557274
Well, it's not like they had very far to go with the characters' ages. They already had infants acting like five- and six-year-olds.
>>
>That episode where they buried Reptar under the pool
What was up with that shit?
>>
>>84565475
What's wrong with Autists
>>
File: Rhonda.png (244 KB, 704x502) Image search: [Google]
Rhonda.png
244 KB, 704x502
One thing I hated about AGU was whatever things they happened to build up in the original Rugrats, was pretty much thrown out the window here. Such as Kira becoming Chuckie's new mom.

It pretty much turned into a "Kimi doesn't consider Chaz a dad and goes back to Japan to live with her real dad" and Chuckie starts calling Kira by her first name..the whole CHUCKIE GETS A MOMMY for Rugrats in Paris just feels like a "well fuck that now."
>>
What episode had Angelica almost getting raped? i dont remember that one
>>
>>84562636
he died in 1997
>>
Klasky Csupo made As told by ginger, which was basically this by done way better. This was just beyond forgettable
>>
>>84566823
While I can see drama like this cropping up in some families with step parents when the kids hit the preteen years, it does feel really odd with a family where the kids were adopted by each step parent as infants. Like, they really shouldn't be able to remember a time when things were any different, so its weird they'd suddenly reject such a big part of their lives.

It felt weird and awkward as fuck when Kimi suddenly realized "Hey, guys! I'm Japanese!" as though she seriously never fucking noticed before.

And yeah, like you said, it trivialized the whole message they'd set up about alternate family styles.
>>
>>84556023
I hated All Grown Up, As Told By Ginger, Doug, Catdog, Courage, Robot Jones, Mike Lu & Og, and Dave the Barbarian.
>>
>>84567429
>Courage

Now that's an unpopular opinion. But I agree. That one never caught on for me because I didn't like the artstyle.
>>
>>84567483
Some episodes were okay but I hated the art style and some of the plots were just too stupid. Like the one with the living bananas.
>>
>>84567337
As Told by Ginger wasn't very memorable either.
>>84567429
>Courage
Bitch you what

God I just remembered Sheep in the Big City. What was Cartoon Network smoking in the late Cartoon Cartoons era?
>>
>>84564483
If the series was made today this'd have been a real episode.
>>
>>84561410
YOU GOTTA GO
>>
>>84567429
Robot Jones was the goat you fucking faggot
>>
>>84567399
>No wincest episodes with the Finisters.
>Phil and Lil are just too weird for a good wincest episode.
>>
I wasn't paying attention and thought that was an unrelated pic of Seymour.
>>
>>84569415
I wasn't paying attention to the show even when I was watching it, I had no idea Spike aged so horribly and looks over fed.
>>
>>84564483

>That episode where Angelica is piss!
>>
File: max res.jpg (70 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
max res.jpg
70 KB, 1280x720
>>84569503

Get out!
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.