[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>yfw you realize Bug's Life is a literal rip off of Seven
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault.jpg (281 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
281 KB, 1920x1080
>yfw you realize Bug's Life is a literal rip off of Seven Samurai
Here me out before you rage /co/.
Both movies are pretty identical except for the obvious part about bugs.
>farming society controlled by a tyrannical gang of thugs and rogues
>protagonist goes out seeking help of "warriors" to save everyone
>warriors aren't exactly what he was hoping they would be, but they band together and use all their talents to stop the gang and save the day
>>
Isn't this common knowledge?

The Lion King is a loose adaptation of Hamlet, too.
>>
This isn't anything new, OP. It's been known since the movie came out.
>>
>>84553941
I still enjoyed it.
>>
>>84553941
That's the fucking point. And Cars is just Doc Hollywood.
>>
File: image_31.jpg (114 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image_31.jpg
114 KB, 1280x720
Great thread op, here is another one.
>ekans = snake
>arbok = kobra
>>
>>84553941
Literally everybody knows this.
>>
OP you dunce, it's actually a rip off of the Magnificent Seven
>>
>>84553941

>before you rage

Why would anyone rage? Its obvious.
>>
>>84553941
>It's an "OP had a big realisation and wanted to share it with everyone only to find out that everyone already knew it" thread
>>
>>84553941
We always knew that, anon. It's why some consider it so weak.
>>
File: a-fistful-of-dollars-1.jpg (184 KB, 1005x1564) Image search: [Google]
a-fistful-of-dollars-1.jpg
184 KB, 1005x1564
Lots of films ripped off Kurosawa in one way or another
>>
>>84558754
If you're gonna you may as well rip off the best.
>>
snydeboi is aping seven samurai with JL, it seems like hes always wanted to homage it
>>
File: beast3.jpg (78 KB, 272x250) Image search: [Google]
beast3.jpg
78 KB, 272x250
>>84553941

>>84553972
>>84553996
>>84554141
>>84555607
>>84557400
>>84557505

no, it's an aesop's fable of the grasshopper and the ant, with marxist undertones

>tyrannical gang of thugs and rogues

that was simply a merovingian-esque translation of a ruling class that rules by the threat of violence on a larger peasant population who produces a surplus
>>
>>84553941
Everyone knows this, it was obvious watching the thing when it came out at the cinema. Before you were born, I imagine.

Also it's "hear".
>>
>>84562808
it wasn't obvious to me, because i've never seen seven samurai or magnificent seven or whatever the fuck it is you people keep talking about
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.