[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You know that one really weird but surprisingly awesome game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (642 KB, 900x765) Image search: [Google]
image.png
642 KB, 900x765
You know that one really weird but surprisingly awesome game, Katamari Damacy? Apparently there was an official webcomic for it awhile back, and it's actually pretty great.

The site that hosted it has since been shut down, but the entire archive can be found here: http://s9.zetaboards.com/Katamari_Damacy/topic/7416355/1/
>>
Looks lame.
>>
>>84549157
I both appreciate and respect your honest opinion and optimism towards this.
>>
>>84549096
Thanks, will check out
>>
>>84549096
it may have been officially licensed but it's not officially made by the creators, just a buttersafe fancomic.
i love me some buttersafe though
>>
>>84549709
Seconded, and from what I've read so far he does not disappoint.
>>
The characterization was spot-on, especially considering the cousins each only have single-sentence descriptions in the games. There wasn't a single character I thought they did wrong.
>>
There was a ton of good stuff on ShiftyLook, and it was a brilliant idea, too: take a bunch of old games/franchises and make comics out of them to see if anything catches people's attention.

The Galaga comic was what Pixels should have been, it's amazing.
>>
>>84554190
I found an archive:

http://supercomputer276.tumblr.com/post/104618682889/shiftylook-archives

It's been a while since I read them, but I think my favorites were Bravoman, Galaga, and Wonder Momo.
>>
>>84554190
i really liked the mappy cartoon
>>
>>84554190
The only reason ShiftyLook failed was because they fucked up the monetization. For some reason instead of just putting up ads and selling merch like normal webcomics, they put everything behind Namco High and then IMMEDIATELY collapsed once it failed to make money.
>>
I forget the name of the clumsy cousin but he was fucking great in this. Opeo?
>>
File: image.png (746 KB, 900x725) Image search: [Google]
image.png
746 KB, 900x725
>>84555599
Yes, Opeo was fantastic.
>>
Buttersafe is pretty great.
>>
>>84549096
Neat
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.