[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.cartoonbrew.com/awards/2 016-emmy-nominations-jus
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: proxy.jpg (45 KB, 1102x576) Image search: [Google]
proxy.jpg
45 KB, 1102x576
http://www.cartoonbrew.com/awards/2016-emmy-nominations-just-animation-categories-please-141616.html

So, PPG was nominated for an emmy, how do you feel about this /co/?
>>
>>84548362
Feeling slight disbelief, slight anger, slight disappointment, mostly apathy.
>>
No one gives a shit about award shows.

Especially when it comes to animation.
>>
>>84548362
I blame the sjw and jews.
>>
>short-format animated program
So what DIDN'T get nominated?
>>
File: 1453703397439.jpg (66 KB, 502x408) Image search: [Google]
1453703397439.jpg
66 KB, 502x408
>>84548390
Took the words right out of my mouth.
>>
The Emmies are a joke and have always been.
>>
File: lequirkybeatles.png (222 KB, 433x433) Image search: [Google]
lequirkybeatles.png
222 KB, 433x433
>Fucking nuPPG is more acclaimed than the Gravity Falls finale

I wonder how many Trump tweets he's been planning to blow off steam.
>>
>>84548362
When was the ;ast time anyone cared about emmys?
Well, I think South Park did a bit with "emmy award winning/nominated show" when they had the swear-counter episode, but memory's hazy
>>
>>84548362
Which episode?
>>
It just further proves that award shows are 99% circlejerk trash with zero meaning.
>>
File: cartoon jew.png (26 KB, 279x99) Image search: [Google]
cartoon jew.png
26 KB, 279x99
>>84548362
you can just list them off without linking to that shit website you know

Animated Program
>Archer “The Figgis Agency” (FX Networks)
>Bob’s Burgers “The Horse Rider-er” (Fox)
>Phineas and Ferb Last Day of Summer (Disney XD)
>The Simpsons “Halloween of Horror” (Fox)
>South Park “You’re Not Yelping” (Comedy Central)

Short-Format Animated Program
>Adventure Time “Hall of Egress” (Cartoon Network)
>The Powerpuff Girls “Once Upon A Townsville” (Cartoon Network)
>Robot Chicken “Robot Chicken Christmas Special: The X-Mas United” (Adult Swim)
>Spongebob Squarepants “Company Picnic” (Nickelodeon)
>Steven Universe “The Answer” (Cartoon Network)

Character Voice-Over Performance
>Family Guy “Pilling Them Softly” (Fox) Seth MacFarlane as Peter Griffin, Stewie Griffin, Brian Griffin, Glenn Quagmire, Dr. Hartman, Tom Tucker, Mr. Spacely
>South Park “Stunning and Brave” (Comedy Central) Trey Parker as PC Principal, Cartman
>South Park “Tweek x Craig” (Comedy Central) Matt Stone as Craig Tucker, Tweek, Thomas Tucker
>Supermansion “Puss in Books” (Crackle) Keegan-Michael Key as American Ranger, Sgt. Agony
>Supermansion “The Inconceivable Escape of Dr. Devizo” (Crackle) Chris Pine as Dr. Devizo, Robo-Dino

but yeah, what a bunch of shitty choices. steven universe? family guy? south park? even the annie awards are more prestigious than animation emmy's at this point.
>>
>>84548493
emmies for animation even more so
>>
>>84548390
Just like the Obama Nobel Peace Prize?

>>84548423
Just like the Obama Nobel Peace Prize?
>>
>>84548362
Who gives a shit?
Seriously, awards have never meant anything and are always bullshit, why rile yourself up over them every time?
>>
>>84548552
PPG has no chance
>>
>>84548436
Gumball, Regular Show, Harvey Beaks, Clarence, We Bare Bears, Wander Over Yonder, Uncle Grandpa, Star, Mike Tyson Mysteries, Loud House, Teen Titans Go, Squidbillies....Literally ANY of these shows deserve it more than nuPPG
>>
>>84548362
have emmies recently become respectable or something? they certainly weren't in my day
>>
>>84548493
Just like the oscars,or the grammys,mainstream awards are a fucking joke overall
>>
>>84548552
That Yelp episode of South Park was topical filler at-best. Don't get why that had to be the one to get nominated.

Also why do people hate Cartoon Brew, other than the fact that they get so butthurt when a lowbrow CGI movie turns out to be a lowbrow CGI movie?
>>
>>84548552
>Animated Program
I guess give it to South Park. Although Yelp was the worst episode of the seaon.
>Short-Format Animated Program
Fuck. All shit. Give it to Steven Universe.
>Character Voice-Over Performance
Fuck those are bad. South Park for acting? They themselves don't take the voice acting seriously. But they won the video game award for acting so I guess South Park again.
>>
>>84548787
If it's all shit they're just going to give it to Spongebob. Just like how the Oscars always give it to Disney.

If they're feeling bold, they'll give it to Adventure Time. Just like if the Oscars are feeling bold, they'll give it to DreamWorks.

Do the cartoons get time for creator speeches?
>>
>>84548508
Didn't win and then shove the award in a massive log of shit afterwards on the show?
>>
>>84548893
Cartoons aren't at the main emmy event. They are at the second emmy show for technical awards.
>>
File: 1465535305245.gif (3 MB, 378x225) Image search: [Google]
1465535305245.gif
3 MB, 378x225
>>84548362
>>
>>84548787
>Fuck. All shit. Give it to Steven Universe
Kill yourself
>>
>>84548787
>give it to steven universe

A sane person would never say something like this.

An sjw on the other hand ...
>>
>>84548787
>Fuck. All shit. Give it to Steven Universe.
That episode of SU was great.
>>
File: 1466622422341.png (96 KB, 316x315) Image search: [Google]
1466622422341.png
96 KB, 316x315
>>84549316
Nu Powerpuff Girls is nominated as well.

Can't let em win now, can we?
>>
>>84548362
i thought the emmys where nothing to animation and winning or be nominated to the annie awards where the good shit
>>
Award shows aren't real, they're just big corporate circlejerks. Why should I care?
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.