[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What if they all stayed?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 10
File: Marvel Licenses-min.png (3 MB, 1380x3719) Image search: [Google]
Marvel Licenses-min.png
3 MB, 1380x3719
What if every Licensed marvel character "Stayed" in 616, even if other versions of said characters and universes were made afterward?
Godzilla, ROM, Beavis and Butt-Head, the alternate future of Trek, the alternate future of Planet of the Apes, the distant/ancient world of Star Wars, the ancient tie of Conan (and his various later reincarnations like Solomon Kane and EL Burak), a group of autobots and decipticons living on Earth, a big green monster who's a match for even the very strongest of heroes, and Motherfucking ROM. and Fu Manchu.
Could the Marvel bullpen have used these guys correctly? where do you imagine they'd be now?
>tarzan has to fight Ka-Zar
>Conan and the Doctor have a time adventure to stop Kang from stealing some MacGuffin
>Optimus Prime teams up with Cyclops, says he's doing a good job
>>
Rom would probably be more important on the galactic level. But then Marvel would probably replace the Skurlls for the Dire Wraiths the same way they are replacing the Mutants with the inhumans. Rom whould get a edgy 90s redesing and then kill off to be replace for whatever flavor of the week Marvel is trying to use to boost sells.

Speaking of Rom how is the IDW comic doing a havenĀ“t read them but i understand that all the backstory and secondary characters are still property of Marvel.
>>
>>84548251
they'd only replace Skrulls if
1. The Fantastic Four movies ever used them
2. the Fantastic Four movies ever made a dime
>>
>>84546960
who is top left?
>>
File: shut up and take my money.gif (3 MB, 628x360) Image search: [Google]
shut up and take my money.gif
3 MB, 628x360
>>84546960
>Beavis and Butt-head
>In a position to possibly meet Kaine during his tenure as Houston's Scarlet Spider

All of my money, alternate Marvel! ALL OF MY MONEY!
>>
I really wish Marvel Godzilla was still around with another name. It's not like he looked fucking anything like Godzilla anyway.

>>84549601
Bill and Ted.
Almost said Tim and Eric on accident
>>
>>84546960
>Could the Marvel bullpen have used these guys correctly?

Most modern writers wouldn't know what to do with them and it would turn out terrible for most of them
>>
File: Texas Twister.jpg (349 KB, 2048x1321) Image search: [Google]
Texas Twister.jpg
349 KB, 2048x1321
>>84549806
>beavis and Butt-head Meet Texas Twister
>>
>>84549960
you think his design is different enough to avid copywrite lawsuits and whatnot?
>>84550103
who do you see getting mangled the worst?
>>
>>84550500
They could join our time.
>>
>>84546960
Wait, are Beavis and Butt-Head really in the Marvel Universe? I thought they only reviewed Marvel comics. I'm also not clear about Bill and Ted's connection to the Marvel Universe. I also don't recall Star Wars having any connection to the Marvel U.

I know Red Sonja and Kull encountered Spider-Man, but I can't remember Conan interacting with the Marvel Universe other than the What Ifs, but that wouldn't stop him from being in that universe. I do remember Kulan Gath in Claremont's X-Men and Busiek's Avengers. And if you want to go further, Conan teamed-up with Solomon Kane in one Marvel story, so Kane would be in the Marvel Universe, too.

Ren and Stimpy might be in because of the Powdered Toast Man vs Spider-Man fight.
>>
>>84552096
I don't think all of them ever had any direct connection other than just being Marvel comics.

I'm pretty sure Conan used to be canon but I'm probably not remembering correctly.
>>
>>84552096
>>84552222
a Thor back-up story explained Conan's roll in the history of the Serpent crown, so almost definitely Conan is canon. also, canonically Solomon Kane fought the Marvel dracula
Also, Conan regularly interacted with both Kull and Red Sonja (well, Kull only once or twice via time travel), but still
>>
>>84552464
>also, canonically Solomon Kane fought the Marvel dracula

Oh right, there's that one too. So yeah, his encounter with Conan and the Marvel Dracula means that Kane's definitely in the Marvel Universe.

Also the Motion Picture-era Star Trek series seen in OP's pic would be part of the Marvel Universe (since they encounter a Dracula that looks like the Tomb of Dracula version), but I'm not sure about the later Marvel Star Trek/X-Men crossover, since I think one of the crossovers indicated they're two different universes.
>>
>>84552863
wait what? when did the federation encounter Dracula?
>>
>>84546960
Godzilla, Conan, Shogun Warriors, Rom, and Fu Manchu are all still technically canon to Earth 616/Universe 8, they just can't be directly named or shown on panel
>>
File: 006.jpg (99 KB, 497x761) Image search: [Google]
006.jpg
99 KB, 497x761
Ren and Stimpy, Madballs, Care Bears, Zoids, Oz, and Kool Aid guy were all licenced by Marvel too.

And Star Wars is under Marvel again, that being said it's far removed from the Marvel Universe.
>>
>>84552222
>I don't think all of them ever had any direct connection other than just being Marvel comics.

Most of the list had direct connections, though.

Doc Savage time traveled and teamed up with Ben Grimm and Johnny Storm.

Even though Transformers and GI Joe were separate from the Marvel Universe, GI Joe had an appearance by J. Jonah Jameson, and the UK version (Action Force) had Quick Kick talking about Shang-Chi and namedropping Elektra, Batroc, and Iron Fist.

Transformers had Spider-Man (with his alien costume), Nick Fury, Dum-Dum, Robbie Robertson, and the Savage Land, with references to Reed Richards, U.S. 1, and the Godzilla series. The UK Transformers even refers back to the Spider-Man story, and introduced Death's Head, who later encounters The Doctor.

Doctor Who is tied in because of Death's Head, as mentioned. He also left Death's Head on top of Four Freedoms Plaza, where he encountered the Fantastic Four.

Godzilla and Shogun Warriors are definitely tied together because Dr. Demonicus shows up in both. And an issue of Fantastic Four depicts the destruction of the Shogun Warriors (since Marvel no longer had the license). And then Red Ronin who was in Godzilla was also used in later Marvel comics. Also, Demonicus mutated Godzilla in an issue of Iron Man, and there was an arc in Fraction's X-Men that referred back to the Godzilla comics.

Fu Manchu is in the Marvel U because he's Shang-Chi's father, and they made it clear the events of the books happened.

Tarzan is tied in because there was a villain he fought (who was based on a character from a Lovecraft story) that later fought Wolverine.
>>
>>84553264

2001 is tied in because of Machine Man's origin, which involves the Monoliths.

That particular Star Trek series ties in because of how Dracula is depicted, as mentioned earlier.

Planet of the Apes sort of is an alternate Marvel Universe because in the UK comic, they reedited Killraven comics to make Killraven into Apeslayer and replaced the Martians with apes.

I'm still not sure about John Carter or Defenders of the Earth or Star Wars or Bill and Ted or Beavis and Butt-head, though.
>>
>>84552986
http://comicsalliance.com/bizarro-back-issues-the-haunting-of-the-starship-enterprise-1980/
>>
File: Heathcliff ad.jpg (680 KB, 941x1464) Image search: [Google]
Heathcliff ad.jpg
680 KB, 941x1464
>>84553198
So was Heathcliff. But I don't think he had any connection to the Marvel Universe, though.

I think Alf might've met the High Evolutionary, but I never read that.
>>
>>84553264
Forgot to mention that Circuit Breaker, a villain from Transformers, did show up in Secret Wars II.
>>
File: Alf-Annual-1-1988-1.jpg (659 KB, 1174x870) Image search: [Google]
Alf-Annual-1-1988-1.jpg
659 KB, 1174x870
>>84553407
This isn't even the strangest image I found looking this
>>
File: 10comics-7.jpg (127 KB, 600x892) Image search: [Google]
10comics-7.jpg
127 KB, 600x892
>>84553857
>>
File: highealf2.jpg (173 KB, 620x913) Image search: [Google]
highealf2.jpg
173 KB, 620x913
>>84553857
>>84553931
>>
File: comboman_card_2.jpg (69 KB, 408x664) Image search: [Google]
comboman_card_2.jpg
69 KB, 408x664
>>84553198
>Kool Aid guy
Imagine all the product placement heroes teaming up...
>>
>>84553360

Dracula fucking connects everything...
>>
>>84554419
You mean like NFL Superpro?
>>
>>84546960
If the Transformers and GI Joe "stayed" in 616, they'd probably have to modify them so that they don't overshadow the rest of the Marvel Universe. I mean I guess the Autobots would eventually defeat the Decepticons and go back to Cybertron sooner.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.