[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What kind of government and economic system does the universe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: giphy (4).gif (499 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
giphy (4).gif
499 KB, 500x373
What kind of government and economic system does the universe of SpongeBob have?

Does it have an anarcho-capitalist system?
>>
>>84545782
It has a cartoon-system.
>>
>>84545782
Isn't it established as a monarchy? Perhaps a dash of theocracy, given the god-kings.
>>
>>84545782
Oh yeah
>>
File: 1343972284715.png (96 KB, 300x312) Image search: [Google]
1343972284715.png
96 KB, 300x312
>>84545782
>Fapitalism
>>
>>84545814
I'd assume it was a constitutional monarchy, as the Kings you don't really see King Neptune really do anything political. Perhaps the ocean world of Spongebob is like England, with a president or prime minister serving as a leader , with a monarch serving as more of a figurehead.

Of course, we shouldn't assume that all of the ocean is under on big government, so perhaps there are multiple countries under the sea. This begs the question though; is there an underwater equivalent of North Korea?

Jesus Christ, I just typed all that out.
>>
I just looked at the wiki page for Bikini Bottom and holy fuck is it detailed
>>
File: big boss oh no.jpg (77 KB, 960x652) Image search: [Google]
big boss oh no.jpg
77 KB, 960x652
>>84546200
mfw the page for Bikini Atoll mentions Big Boss
>>
File: are_we_done_yet_by_skymouth.jpg (37 KB, 365x459) Image search: [Google]
are_we_done_yet_by_skymouth.jpg
37 KB, 365x459
>>84545782
>"Listen SpongeBob, I order the food. You cook the food. The customer gets the food. We do that for 40 years, and then we die."
>>
>>84545782
>When I started working here, I had to pay Mr. Krabs $100 dollars an hour.

You might be right.
>>
>>84545782
Things to know:
-There is a frycook union.
-Spongebob and Squidward get 1 leave every 3 years.
-If Spongebob or Squidward gets injured on the job, they get 10 cents.
-If either gets promoted to manager, their salary increases by 10 cents.
-Mr. Krabs is allowed to gamble their contracts. He was also able to sell Squidward into slavery (twice).
-They work 9 am to 6 pm Monday to Saturday (except in the eps where Mr Krabs makes it a 24 hour shift)
-Spongebob once said that a nickel "is more than he makes in a year".
-Mr. Krabs used to pay Spongebob in fake money.
-If Mr. Krabs has to get rid of an employee, it has to be Spongebob because "Squidward has seniority".
>>
>>84550222
Ah, so its a model of real life.
>>
>>84550222
>If Spongebob or Squidward gets injured on the job, they get 10 cents.
>If either gets promoted to manager, their salary increases by 10 cents.
>Spongebob once said that a nickel "is more than he makes in a year".

In one episode, Spongebob mentions how when he first started working at the Krusty Krab, he had to pay Mr Krabs 100 dollars an hour. How bad is Bikini Bottom's economy if workers have to pay their employers when they're first starting work, and at a whopping 100$/hour no less?
>>
>>84550222
>>84550811

I think that's just Mr.Krabs and SpongeBob is too dumb and naive to report his cheap ass. Everyone else in Bikini Bottom has no problem getting money to spend on crack burgers. Squidward is most likely getting paid normal minimum wage.
>>
>>84551200
There was an episode wherein Mr. Krabs paid Squidward in quarters.
>>
>>84550222
Clearly the frycook union is shit.

Captcha: those sweet trips
>>
File: CheeseHead_BrownPants.png (2 MB, 1152x864) Image search: [Google]
CheeseHead_BrownPants.png
2 MB, 1152x864
Guys, don't forget that SpongeBob was once given the position of Mayor.
>>
>>84556952
That might have been in another country though
>>
>>84557031
Isn't King Neptune the king of the Ocean though? Does that mean that he is the head of all governments, with different countries all having him as a figure head?
>>
>>84557065
Or maybe the writers just make it all up as they go along with no regard for prior established facts.
>>
>>84551200
>Squidward is most likely getting paid normal minimum wage.

I doubt it, but he probably gets more than SpongeBob at least, and he probably can't get employed anywhere else. At least not long term.

Anyway, I think this >>84550222 is more a problem with Mr. Krabs in particular than Bikini Bottom society.

>>84557065
Hmm. I think it's the other way around. Neptune is probably a ocean-wide figurehead, while the actual powers lie in local monarchies like Atlantis' king, Lord Royal Highness.
>>
>>84557342
/thread
>>
Patrick went to college.
>>
>>84557405
I was joking you faggot of course they don't do that
>>
Are there other places besides Bikini Bottom? I can think of Tentacle Acres.
>>
>>84557792
And of course Rock Bottom.
>>
>>84557065
There are several king neptunes throughout the history of bikini bottom. Current one is neptune XIV.
>>
>>84545782
They have a King Neptune but they also have a mayor.
>>
>>84546043
>monarch serving more of a figurehead

you mean a religious symbol of the ruling class, blatantly sucking up the citizenry's taxes?
>>
>>84561959
uh, what? not that anon
>>
>>84562019
stupid much?
>>
bob bump spongeman

is the 3rd movie the pre-finale?
>>
>>84564857
>3rd movie
explain
>>
They have a police force, they must pay taxes.
>>
>>84546200
>The city has a proper population of about 538, though many episodes portray it to be much greater. The city consists of various businesses, including restaurants, stores, and manufacturers. The city has a stable economy, a balanced education system, questionable health care (as seen in "The Lost Mattress") and labor laws, a structured government, and a firm law enforcement system.

Holy fuck, it really is
>>
>>84565974
its coming

>>84567967
they had a taxes gag in one of the newer season episodes
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.