[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Icon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: Icon_logo_large.jpg (12 KB, 300x377) Image search: [Google]
Icon_logo_large.jpg
12 KB, 300x377
Why doesn't Marvel use the Icon imprint to attract more talent?
And on that note...why does Millar has a book in it when he is doing nothing for them currently? Is it because Immonen?
>>
>disney
>creator owned
>>
>>84543433
But they still publish things like Empress an Powers. Also they could catch more properties to translate to other media...priority for movie rights and all that stuff
>>
>>84543418
Millar said he may have a DC or Marvel book coming in a few months actually
>>
File: LUNA11.png (217 KB, 436x240) Image search: [Google]
LUNA11.png
217 KB, 436x240
>>84543488
>Millar
>DC
>>
>>84543575
Superman
>>
>>84543613
FYI Millar got blacklisted from DC about a decade ago, for saying terrible things about Paul Levitz and other people.
>>
>>84543418
If someone smart was in charge, and with Vertigo in ruins like it has been for a long time, I guess they could've supplanted Vertigo by now.

My feeling is they don't care, or they don't have someone smart enough to do that.
>>
>>84543642
sauce? Sounds interesting
>>
>>84543642
He said he's been talking to the DC guys and they're extremely interested in the proyect. It's coming.
>>
>>84543671
Morrison's Supergods.

>>84543726
I'll believe it when I see it. Millar is quite the attention whore.
>>
>>84543726
And also Red Son is their greatest selling Superman graphic novel and Millar is confident he's going to absolutely top it. There's no way they're missing the opportunity to do another Mark Millar Superman story. It will sell gangbusters.
>>
>>84543756
>I'll believe it when I see it. Millar is quite the attention whore.

It better fucking happen now, because I'm already hyped as fuck.
>>
>>84543836
>>84543809
>liking that edgelord
>ever
>>
>>84543418
Icon died the day it stopped being called Epic. Although Epic had pretty much died by the early 90s.

The Epic line was a big step for creator owned books, their anthology magazine was top notch, and it was basically doing Vertigo a decade before Veritgo. Shooter, Goodwin, and Milgrom don't get enough credit for Epic Comics and it's a shame that people don't talk about 80s Epic the way they do 90s Vertigo.
>>
>>84543918
I think Marvel would benefit a lot with a creator-owned imprint. Disney even.
>>
>>84544244
People will never forget what happened to Steve Gerber, I'm afraid.
>>
>>84544417
And yet, people forget what happened to Alan Moore
>>
>>84544479
Moore didn't end up dying in poverty.
>>
>>84543418

JMS said (though I have yet to find the source) that Icon sucks, and that it really stands for "Invisible Content Operationally Nonexistent".

>Is it because Immonen?

Pretty much. He's Marvel exclusive, or something, but Millar still wanted him to do Empress anyway.
>>
>>84546287
We know it sucks as of now, the question is why don't they use it better to lure talent, leverage, secondary IP farm etc...
>>
>>84543418
because the day of indy imprints at the big two are over. If your going to write an original idea, you want full ownership.
>>
>>84543575
he did, and honestly he should have done it a long time ago. He's like Mark Waid. His favorite characters are DC ones.
>>
>>84543667
Why? Vertigo had two draws. It had a wide distribution market that indy publishers didn't have. And it had big name books that indy writers wanted to write. What's left? Swamp Thing, gone. Hellblazer, gone. Animal Man, gone. Doom Patrol, gone. All these big books back in DC proper. And the Vertigo fags won't touch anything in spandex. What's left? Tom Strong? Astro City? Nothing at Vertigo writers and artists can't find at Image.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.