[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I like how J'onn has the ability to fix Batman, to make
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
I like how J'onn has the ability to fix Batman, to make him whole again and to alleviate the crushing pain that he lives with on a daily basis, but doesn't. One of his so-called friends has been living inside of a nightmare for every day of his life since he was ten years old, but he doesn't do anything about it because he's decided that Batman is more important than Bruce Wayne's mental health.
>>
>>84538185
Yes, Bruce Wayne doesn't *want* to be "cured". Remember when he got a GL ring and his first reaction was "nah I don't want to overcome my greatest fear". That crushing pain is what drives him. It's not J'onn who has decided that Batman is more important than Bruce Wayne's mental health, it's Bruce Wayne who made that decision and green martians are usually very conscientious about fucking with people's minds without their permission.
>>
>>84538360

Does that really sound like something a healthy person would say, think or desire for themselves, though?

Like, "Yes. My every day life is agony, and my ability to make and keep meaningful relationships is basically nonexistant. But I like it this way! Honestly, I do!"
>>
>>84538995
That's Batman for you, this is the same guy who refused to let the JL help rebuild Gotham after the earthquake in No Man's Land. Batman is not a healthy Indavidual, he's a spoiler brat and selfish.
>>
>>84538185
>to make him whole again
Again? He hasn't been "whole" since before puberty and there's no way to know for sure what kind of person would Bruce have been if there was no accident.

And what kind of life would the "whole again" Bruce lead? The guy who has fucktons of money and knowledge and fighting skills but zero drive to apply it to anything?
>>
>>84541615
he's that way because some writers think that batman needs to be this turbo autist who grunts at everyone. BTAS is the definitive batman and we got something similar in few modern comics
>>
>>84541615

He worked at a community center and helped children, the last time he was made whole. Even found a really good woman and was ready to settle down with her.
>>
>>84538185
Real reason: Batman makes money

Comic reason: Batman doesn't want to be fixed and performing soul surgery on someone without consent is super-wrong. J'onn is one of the most moral and respectful telepaths in ficiton. He's not an X-men or cartoon Miss Martian. He's not pro-mind rape.

What they should do: Have a story, preferable one in its own world so it won't get ret-killed, where Bruce agrees to have J'onn help him. They gradually repair his mind through several telepathic sessions. Dick takes over as Batman. Old Bruce funnels all his energy into making his company really great. He changes the world with that Super-Internet technology from Grant's Batman Inc. Arkham becomes a state of the art facility employing telepaths to help the inmates.

Joker is finally 100 percent really no bullshit cured. Batman manages to finally beat him forever, not as Batman but as Bruce Wayne.

Think of it as an inverse of Batman Beyond. Bruce doesn't become a depressive shut in who loses his control of his company. He makes Bruce Wayne work without Batman.
>>
>>84542830

I wonder if it would be as difficulty and consuming to fix Batman's head as it was to do the same for the Joker.
>>
File: 3015561-2634300-3.png (747 KB, 515x799) Image search: [Google]
3015561-2634300-3.png
747 KB, 515x799
>>84542993

Forgot my image.
>>
>>84538360
>Yes, Bruce Wayne doesn't *want* to be "cured". Remember when he got a GL ring and his first reaction was "nah I don't want to overcome my greatest fear".

Johns is shit m8
>>
>>84542830

Also, I would read the shit out of that. It would be the ultimate happy ending. Bruce is whole, Gotham is saved, Arkham is a functional psychiatric facility, and we have a Batman who has all of Bruce's strengths and none of his weaknesses.
>>
>>84543004
There really is no reason why J'onn doesn't work at Arkham gradually repairing minds outside of Batman needing his rogues gallery forever and ever.

He wasn't able to fix Joker for long in Rock of Ages. But think of him working as a therapist making gradual changes over time. There's no reason that shouldn't work.
>>
>>84543066

Yeah, except he'd be doing it against the wishes of the prisoners. None of them would consent to it.

>Let go of Nora? Never. I can never abandon her.

>Do you really think that an intellect of my caliber is the result of some...illness? Leaving behind tricks and clues is part of my game with the Bat, not some...compulsion.

>*deranged lunatic nonsense from Hatter*

>etc.
>>
Ugh, writers who think literally the only reason Batman fights crime is because his parents got murdered are hacks

By the time he's hobnobbing with the Justice League, it's a bit too late to quit and he's probably had five years to get over it by beating the shit out of criminals and destroying Gotham's underworld

By then he should have re-dedicated himself to fighting crime because he fucking has to (who else is gonna take on the Joker every day?) and because he's good at it
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.