[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>superhero arcs with common threads I've been thinking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 3081326-justice+league+avengers.jpg (302 KB, 1023x766) Image search: [Google]
3081326-justice+league+avengers.jpg
302 KB, 1023x766
>superhero arcs with common threads

I've been thinking about how similar justice league/avengers arcs can be, they have a lot of wars/ death of ----/ origin fighting an alien horde stories to sift through, any other examples of what a "common" superhero team arc 'list' tends to consist of?
>>
>>84534498
They were not similar AT ALL until Johns started his Shitty league.

While a case can be made about Detroit, the only other time The avengers and the JL were kinda similar was when the AVENGERS were trying to be more like Morrison's JLA
>>
>>84534684
>when the AVENGERS were trying to be more like Morrison's JLA
New Avengers (or maybe Secret Avengers, I forget); had a "watchtower" style satellite for a bit back when Agent Venom and Valkyrie were a thing.
>>
>>84534684
>They were not similar AT ALL until Johns started his Shitty league.
Is that even true?

Always seemed to me that the Avengers and the JL were essentially the same concept executed in two different universes. I'm more of a DC reader so I just assumed that the Avengers were pretty much just Marvel's Justice League, right down to the story beats.
>>
>>84535233
>Always seemed to me that the Avengers and the JL were essentially the same concept executed in two different universes.

Not really, Aside from Johns terrible run the only time a bad guy that was let into the league was when Major Disaster.

On the other hans half of marvel's heroes would be considered amoral by the FORMER JL status.
>>
>>84535362
>>84535362
Wouldn't those "villains" just be reformed though? Like Clint, Black Widow, etc.?

Pretty sure those guys are all unquestionably "good" though.

Honestly if anything, that's just splitting the difference anyway.
>>
>>84535391
>all unquestionably "good" though.

Not by Superman and Batman standards.
>>
>>84535050
That was Secret Avengers.
>>
>>84535233
Most of times Avengers are just team of whoevers, some more known guys and bunch of C-listers.
>>84535430
Batman's in particular.
>>
>>84535233
Someone once said on one of these threads that that, despite what Marvel has been trying to do lately, the Avengers were never the JLA, they were the JSA, and Marvel's JLA was the Defenders.
>>
>>84535391
>Wouldn't those "villains" just be reformed though? Like Clint, Black Widow, etc.?

Do they keep killing people?

Hell, Steve wouldnt be considered a boy scout in the JL, steve is in the same moral spectrum as Captain Atom.
>>
>>84534498
Time discouragement, either into the future or the past, or both

Mirror verse shenanigans, alone or combined with
Evil doppelgangers
And lastly
Supervillain anti-team
>>
>>84535620
*Displacement
>>
>>84535233
Not at all. Justice league is composed of the most popular dc heroes Avengers was created to give stories to characters who can't support their own book. That is until they decided it was a good idea to put spider man and wolverine on it and the books went to shit. If you read older stuff like Busieks avengers you'll notice the constant shifting of characters. They bring on a couple characters, tell their stories and then get rid of them. That was it's strength, always having new characters to explore.
>>
>>84535830
>Avengers was created to give stories to characters who can't support their own book
I know about Hulk but which other Avenger from the first team needed support?
>>
>>84536311
Ant man
Wasp
Captain america

Then a bit later
Hawkeye
Scarlet witch
Quicksilver

Hulk could hold his own but both iron man and thor at the time were struggling
>>
Lol cyborg
>>
>>84536795
>Hulk could hold his own but both iron man and thor at the time were struggling
Wasn't Hulk the one who just got a few more issues after the first Avenger comic, while Irona Man and Thor were doing fine?
>>
>>84536926
Pretty sure at the time thor was starting to decline in popularity. It wasnt until simonson that thor became popular again.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.