[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This fucking movie holy shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: 10820_front.jpg (565 KB, 989x1281) Image search: [Google]
10820_front.jpg
565 KB, 989x1281
Did anyone else think this movie inspired the creation of He-Man? It follows the same hybrid Steampunk/Medevil Formula He-Man would follow. Also the overacting and low budget animation makes this movie horrible and hilarious at the same time.
>>
>>84528009
i don't think it inspired he-man.

my dad was the one that showed this movie to us. it's more than what you're saying it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyOTV8rqM9Q
>>
>>84528009
he-man was created because someone had a shit load of Conan the Barbarian toys to sell. They made a shitty TV show and colored Conans hair blonde. The show took off and so did the toy line and the rest is history.
>>
I FUCKING LOVE WIZARDS HOLY SHIT
>>
>>84528264

Yes but He-Man, Ferngully, and Lord of the Rings basically all make me think this is what drew inspiration for there existence and it all spawns from this movie

>>84528654

This movie has aged like pure dogshit but the fumes of the dog shit put you in like a high where your brain shuts off and it feels like a fucking roller coaster
>>
My dad likes this movie a lot
>>
>>84530099

This shit came out in 1977 and was barely in any theaters

Holy fuck 99 is literally all over the poster and he's barely in the movie.
>>
>>84530077

>and Lord of the Rings

Your bait is obvious but still tasty. Lord of the Rings predates this by a fair margin of time
>>
>>84530150

Well in hindsight I moreso mean the Animated Lord of the Rings films.
>>
>>84530162

Considering both films were done by Bakshi it would be closer to say it was just done in his style
>>
>>84530126
Yea I was really surprised by that when I finally watched it
>>
>>84530245

His fucking plot line makes no sense either

I'm willing to bet the comic is way more detailed

>>84530198

That and Animated Lord of the Rings doesn't hold a candle to this film.
>>
File: wizards_blackwolf.png (555 KB, 841x442) Image search: [Google]
wizards_blackwolf.png
555 KB, 841x442
I smoked pot for the first time at a friend's birthday party in 8th grade.

And then we watched this movie, as super-high 8th-graders.

Fucking amazing.
>>
>>84528168
>>84530099
Same here, my old man exclaimed it as "the only cartoon he'd ever seen that had nipples".

And goddamn, that ending blows me away every time.
>>
File: download.jpg (13 KB, 184x274) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
13 KB, 184x274
>>84528009
So we posting movies dad movies now
>>
>>84530603

This movies budget was so non existent it was hysterical all the fucking padding it had and all the shitty artwork.

I bet the comic is a thing of beauty.

>>84530655

It is so fucking surreal the word "Avatar" gets thrown around a lot in this film. I only know of that word from 2 different IP's: Nick and James Cameron respectively.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.