[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wonder Woman movie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: CnYQbZeVYAA8V2j.jpg (237 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
CnYQbZeVYAA8V2j.jpg
237 KB, 900x1200
Interview with Gal about Wonder Woman

>I feel like Diana is really accessible. It’s very easy to relate to her. She has the heart of a human so she can be emotional, she’s curious, she’s compassionate, she loves people. And then she has the powers of a goddess. She’s all for good, she fights for good, she believes in great. I want to be her. And in Wonder Woman, she has this naiveté in her. It isn’t stupid, it’s magical. I would want to be naïve like that again.

>She’s a young idealist who’s been taught that the world is very simple: it’s black or white, bad or good. It’s how she was raised. It’s what she believes in and there is something charming about the simplistic way in which she sees the world. But once she falls in love and starts her journey with Steven Trevor (Chris Pine), he educates her about the complexity of mankind. There is no such thing as only good and bad, black or white. It’s complicated.

>All my life I’ve been working with male directors which I’ve really enjoyed. And I’m lucky in that I’ve worked with men who have a lot of respect for women. But working with a woman is a different experience. It feels like the communication is different. We talk about emotions. With Patty, it’s a thing now, we communicate with our eyes. She doesn’t need to say a thing. If I’m hurt, she feels the pain. It’s a whole different connection that I have with her. She’s also brilliant, she’s bright, she’s fierce, she’s sharp. She knows exactly what she wants Wonder Woman to be.
>>
File: 820EQTh.png (229 KB, 283x557) Image search: [Google]
820EQTh.png
229 KB, 283x557
>>84526730
>For a long time, people didn’t know how to approach the story. When Patty and I had our creative conversations about the character, we realized that Diana can still be a normal woman, one with very high values, but still a woman. She can be sensitive. She is smart and independent and emotional. She can be confused. She can lose her confidence. She can have confidence. She is everything. She has a human heart.

>It is a big responsibility. We knew we wanted to tell a story that would inspire people: women, men, boys, and girls. And we didn’t want to just show a generic story of a superhero coming of age. We wanted her to be full and whole. This is the first time we are telling this story and I feel like for so many boys, they have great role models to work with. They have Superman and Batman and Spiderman and the list goes on and on. And they are strong and almighty and they are positive and active and proactive.

>For girls, I just had a conversation with my daughter, Alma, and she was saying something about the prince she saw in Sleeping Beauty and she was saying he’s brave and he’s strong. And I said what about the princess and she said, she’s weak. And I said, what do you think of that. And she’s 4, my daughter. And she said, she shouldn’t be weak. And I said why do you think she’s weak, and she said, she’s sleeping the entire movie and the prince comes and kisses her and saves her. She didn’t do anything.

>I feel that I’ve got the opportunity to set a great role model for girls to look up to a strong, active, compassionate, loving, positive woman and I think it’s so important. It’s about time that somebody will do that and I’m very privileged and honored to be the one.
>>
>>84526730
>the first female superhero to land her own film
Hmmm
>>
>First Lady
>Elektra,
>Tank Girl,
> Barbwire,
>Supergirl

Why do they do this?
>>
>>84526966
Dont forget catwoman
>>
>>84526966
Pretty sure all of those movies fucking sucked.

WW is going to be the first good female-lead superhero movie or at least the first one where the studio actually gave a fuck about at least trying to make it a quality movie and promoted the hell out of it. Could be at least decent.
>>
>>84526966
well its looking to be the first GOOD female lead super hero film.

well at the least the first one with the most effort put into it.
>>
>>84527079
I left her out because I figured someone would argue she wasn't a proper hero.

>>84527106
>>84527126
That doesn't matter. It doesn't mean they don't exist. It's lying for a headline.
>>
File: kekm8.jpg (38 KB, 600x746) Image search: [Google]
kekm8.jpg
38 KB, 600x746
>>84527158
>It's lying for a headline.
Nope all the movies you listed are MOVIES.
Wonder Woman will be the first female super hero FILM.
>>
>>84527158
>it's lying for a headline.
she's probably not even lying because most people either don't remember or have ever heard of those movies because they were trash

the only one they Might remember is catwoman but thats only because it was exceptionally terrible.
>>
>>84526966

I wouldn't consider Tank Girl a "Superhero".

Elektra and Supergirl were spinoffs. Catwoman was a pseudo-spinoff.

Never heard of Barbwire before.
>>
>>84527126
>well its looking to be the first GOOD female lead super hero film.
Not with Gal Gadot in the lead role it isn't
>>
Can't wait. Wonder Woman is the only reason I rewatched BvS.

Gal is fucking amazing.
>>
>>84527284
femkino
>>
>>84526730
>I feel like Diana is really accessible. It’s very easy to relate to her.
I always felt the exact opposite, but maybe she's read different comics and watched different cartoons than I did.
>>
>>84526966
>Supergirl
Yeah, I nearly forgot about that movie
It was terrible, but at least it was made.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.