[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If I were to spend 20 dollars on a Nick series to re-watch, which
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: classic nicktoons.jpg (68 KB, 283x633) Image search: [Google]
classic nicktoons.jpg
68 KB, 283x633
If I were to spend 20 dollars on a Nick series to re-watch, which should it be?
>>
>>84523093
Angry Beavers.
>>
>>84523093
Guess Rocko since I watched Hey Arnold like a year or two ago.
>>
>>84523093
You Can't Do That On Television
>>
>>84523269
Not an option.
>>
>>84523093
Hey Arnold! The episodes are more memorable and stick with you longer. The other two are fun but I can not remember a single episode beside that bread joke from Angry Beavers.
>>
Well Hey Arnold is on Hulu
I say Rocko's, that's a fun show
>>
>>84523093
Angry Beaver. The Canada song alone makes it worth it.
>>
>>84523093
I AM THE CHEESE. I AM RHE BEST CHARACTER ON THE SHOW
>>
>>84523093
No, you keepeh the money.
>>
Hey Arnold.
>>
>>84523093

Rocko is objectively the best, but the officially released versions on DVD and streaming are all edited for content.

So on principle go with one of the other two.
>>
>>84524075
>Hey Arnold!
No need to be so upbeat about it, what are you, an annoying fan?
>>
>>84523093
I like how the colors in Rocko and Beavers are about the same completely, and Arnold has most of the colors too.
>>
Someone wants to buy a box set.
>>
>>84523093
Hey Arnold probably, as it both holds up the best overall, and has the most value(99 episodes)

also Rocko's set uses the censored version of the episodes, so I can't support buying it until they do an uncensored release
>>
>>84526865

I heard that they wanted to release the uncensored versions, but they can't find the negatives.
>>
>>84527420
where did you hear that
>>
>>84526717
>but the officially released versions on DVD and streaming are all edited for content

For real?

It was a cartoon for little kids. WTF could they possible censor?
>>
>>84529037
Rocko had a ton of innuendos in it(which makes sense as the rumor mill goes that Rocko's creator had originally intended to pitch him to MTV)
>>
>>84529037
Heffer being Milked, Rocko and Heffer spending the night at a sex motel after a conversation with the check-in guy being awkward because they didn't know and he was shocked it'd be all night, then you hear from the inside of the motel a squeaking bed and rocko being pissed off at heffer, and another where rocko grabs grapes from a bush that turn out to be testicals of a gorilla, the scene cut just leaves the next scene hanging where he walks in the background upset
>>
almost 3 hour bump
>>
>>84523093
>>
Captain Star

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3biL20Rz84
>>
>>84523093
I would throw some money for a kablam dvd
>>
>>84523093

Since I own all three series collections, I find myself watching Angry Beavers most. Rocko's Modern Life is what my wife and I watch together, but I find myself watching Angry Beavers at night when I am working while she is in bed.
>>
>>84526691
>No, you keepeh the money
LE KEK
>>
>>84530093
There was also a bit about "gestapo security" in a 99% sale episode.
>>
File: mr hyunh christmas.gif (101 KB, 582x436) Image search: [Google]
mr hyunh christmas.gif
101 KB, 582x436
>the Christmas episode
>>
>>84532706
They finally confirmed what most people figured on their youtube channel, due to all of the different rights for each short and music, they can't release a dvd.
>>
>>84529037
>>84529353
>>84530093
>>84532967

Damn. So are these scenes lost forever?

Why are the DVDs cut, anyway? Shout Factory usually does good stuff; I can't believe they'd use edited versions of episodes.
>>
>>84534539
Like that one anon said, apparently they lost the negatives or whatnot, they're on youtube.
>>
Rocko, not even a contest for me.

>>84533153
Well that really sucks.
>>
I would go hey Arnold
>>
>>84537319
Shocker, a guy with the worst taste can't even type his thoughts right.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.