[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is IDW going to grab the oportunity and make a crossover between
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: schoeningghostbusters.jpg (533 KB, 1050x750) Image search: [Google]
schoeningghostbusters.jpg
533 KB, 1050x750
Is IDW going to grab the oportunity and make a crossover between the old and new Ghostbusters?

Do they even have the rights to do it?

Also, anyone has that MEGA file to the Ghostbusters comics?
>>
>>84522739

They'll probably make a few jokes about it at some point since they've established that a Multiverse that contains all the different variations of Ghostbusters and related busters of Ghosts is in fact a thing.

and no I don't have the mega, sorry
>>
I'm sure they'll do something with it.
>>
>>84522739

Im really hoping they can keep ignoring the new movie
>>
>>84522973
>They'll probably make a few jokes about it at some point since they've established that a Multiverse that contains all the different variations of Ghostbusters and related busters of Ghosts is in fact a thing.

Weird, though, that the two-page spread from Get Real that showed the Ghostbusters Multiverse included every incarnation of the brand EXCEPT the new Yeastbusters.

Hopefully they were trying to say something by excluding them from that sequence.
>>
Its my fear that that I will pick up an issue and it will be the new girl busters.

I sincerely hope they are utterly ignored.
>>
File: 1467349634145.jpg (2 MB, 2146x1650) Image search: [Google]
1467349634145.jpg
2 MB, 2146x1650
>>84523628
>>84523748
You see this shit right here? IDW published it, they've published excellent works that manage to cash in on fanboy nostalgia AND tell a decent story with the material they're working with.

You know what Fauxbusters hasn't managed to do? Cash in on fanboy nostalgia, in fact it seems to be made to be utterly toxic to the old fanbase. On top of that it's bland and one note.

Ghostbusters knew that it's greatest strength was the chemistry between the cast, You saw that in Real, you saw that in Extreme, you saw it in that video game that's basically the third movie. You didn't see that in Sony's retarded cashgrab.

IDW isn't gonna publish a fauxbusters book, their bread and butter are nerds looking for a decent story made from an IP you know and trust.

This isn't Marvel and DC. Anger doesn't sell for them.
>>
I hope the new ones just fucking replace the old ones. Fuck the whiny nerds.
>>
File: jh.gif (850 KB, 253x253) Image search: [Google]
jh.gif
850 KB, 253x253
>>84523869
I like both.

but yeah fuck the whiners.
>>
>>84523628
>>84523854
>>84523476

When the shitacular Michael Bay TMNT movies came out, IDW did nothing with them. No tie-in comics, no crossovers, no nothing. Just ignored them.

IDW's TMNT and Ghostbusters comics have the same editor, so I've a feeling we've nothing to worry about.
>>
>>84523953
But Bay's movies were bad and the new Ghostbusters is good. Better than some of the other Ghostbusters shit they reference in the comics.
>>
>>84522739
Are these books good? Because this art looks awful.
>>
I honestly thought the new movie was okay. I wouldn't mind the characters appearing in some sort of crossover, but I don't think it'll happen and i'm fine with that too.
>>
>>84523628
To be fair, that spread didn't have the original films represented either.
>>
>>84524065
>To be fair, that spread didn't have the original films represented either.

The IDW comics are set in the movie universe as direct continuations from GB1 > GB2 > GB the Video Game.

So that's probably why they didn't appear in that montage.
>>
>>84523869
The old one is one of the most classic movies of all time. The new one is pretty much forgettable, and no one will talk about it in a couple of months.
>>
>>84524189
Yeah Im sure the movie is just mediocre, hardly think its getting the sequels they want. By the way is the IDW series worth diving into?
>>
>>84524228
>By the way is the IDW series worth diving into?

Absolutely positively definitely.

Best value, if you're looking for physical copies, is to pick up the Total Containment and Mass Hysteria ombinus collections.

Fantastic shit.
>>
>>84524256
Shit I also found the Spirit Guide on Amazon, thanks!
>>
>>84522739
is the same art as the new video game it looks similar
>>
>>84524005
>good
only reason anyone acknowledges it's existence is because it's entire marketing campaign was designed to piss people off.

Next year no one will remember it exists.

Like the Robocop reboot
>>
File: tobin-s-spirit-guide.jpg (25 KB, 294x400) Image search: [Google]
tobin-s-spirit-guide.jpg
25 KB, 294x400
>>84524360
>Shit I also found the Spirit Guide on Amazon, thanks!

For the love of god, make sure that THIS is the one you're buying!

There are multiple Tobin's Spirit Guides on Amazon and all but this one are unlicensed, fan-printed trash.

BTW, this Tobin's (written by Burnham) is the fucking TITS. Covers ghosts from the movies, the video game, Real Ghostbusters, Extreme Ghostbusters and the IDW comics. I hope they do a second volume.
>>
>>84523953
>>84524027
>>84524457

The new movie isn't getting released in China.

So it's pretty much doomed to break even at best. I wouldn't worry about it.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.